Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 365 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
And that is what I said... that the fire effects aren't green. I can clarify it by saying that the fossil fuel Natural Gas/Propane fire effects aren't green if that makes you happy. My point was, there will be no more Natural Gas/Propane fire effects. Not sure how you misread my statements.

I didn't. I chose to quote yours and agree with you (as well as expand) instead of the original question which you had already partly answered. I was agreeing with you.

Covered and "shaded" are two different things. Most of those are still in the shade. This is literally right in the middle of a concrete wasteland.

Those areas are shaded at certain times of the day (and in direct sun certain times of the day). Unfortunately they're in direct sun when they are most likely to be used.

Do not expect much of anything out of this queue.

Also they should begin drilling the holes in the street for extended-extended queue soon. Should be about 2 hours of queue space outside when done.

Do not expect much of anything out of this queue.

Also they should begin drilling the holes in the street for extended-extended queue soon. Should be about 2 hours of queue space outside when done.

So before Transformers we get to experience Sun Burn: The Ride

Another site (not sure if allowed to mention/link) suggested a July opening date for Transformers. Any truth to this? Seems a little late. I thought softs were being expected late April-early May with a late May-early June opening.

Well, even if it is July, I think most would agree even if worse case scenario it will officially open in July, it will soft open in June at the latest. So I think regardless, we will ALL get to experience it before being blocked out for July.

That outdoor queue does look incredibly weird. It's like they're playing RCT and built the queue oddly and out of place, and now don't have the money to delete it and build a new queue..

Reactions: Cwoolboy
As a credited website, I think we should send Universal a professional, sincere warning about the queue. This will seriously be very uncomfortable with the sun beaming directly down...reflecting off brand new blacktop and bright concrete with METAL switchbacks. :down:

As a credited website, I think we should send Universal a professional, sincere warning about the queue. This will seriously be very uncomfortable with the sun beaming directly down...reflecting off brand new blacktop and bright concrete with METAL switchbacks. :down:

I'm sure it'll be fun when standing out in the rain too.

Seriously? I know what you see there isnt ideal but a warning from anyone here, no matter how sincere or professional it may be, will fall on deaf ears. They aren't just gonna up and remove this and place it somewhere else because "guests will be uncomfortable". Space is limited, it is what it is. Dont wanna wait in the sun? Get there early or go on a cloudy day. (not directed at you personally, im speaking for everyone)

I have a question - I haven't been to the Studios side of the park, so I don't know, but what's so out of place about the queue? I can understand the heat is a problem, but I don't understand why it's out of place.

It's right next to Monsters Cafe along a main pathway. So you'll be walking along right next to the queue with nothing but a 3 foot fence to stop people from line jumping

Queues are where the story of an attraction starts. Normally they should be inside a building protecting guests from the weather and introducing guests to the story of the ride. If they are outside there is some sort of theming and they are tucked away where they cant be seen. This queue is right next to a main pathway and doesn't include any theming, or protection from weather. Along with the fact that people will have no difficulty jumping the line.

Queues are where the story of an attraction starts. Normally they should be inside a building protecting guests from the weather and introducing guests to the story of the ride. If they are outside there is some sort of theming and they are tucked away where they cant be seen. This queue is right next to a main pathway and doesn't include any theming, or protection from weather. Along with the fact that people will have no difficulty jumping the line.

Like one thing that they could have done too is make the extended outside queue like a target practice range for NEST recruits showing posters of Decepticons with targets on their heads and such. And then the other half of the queue have NEST equipment crates or barbed wire fences just to keep you in that military theming. :shrug: