Springfield Expansion | Page 119 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry guys...I guess I should have put a smiley. :lol:

Ugly? I don't think so. Transformers is unfortunate, but the park will look significantly better after Springfield and Diagon Alley are done.

It was sarcasm. I really don't think Transformers is that bad though. Rockit is about 100% worse in my opinion. :lol:

I'm not sure if Eric is being sarcastic or not :lol:

:thumbs:

I agree with you in the vaguest sense, but something you need to understand is that Universal Studios Florida is kinda a weird transition park. It was originally created to focus on movie production and films in general, but has been gradually moving away from that concept ever since around 2000. As such, the park doesn't exactly know what it wants to be right now.

This is changing and it's transitioning to a more cohesive theme, not so much "you are an extra on a movie set" but "you are in the universe".

You've never seen an ugly park if you think Universal is "downright ugly." I guess ignorance isn't bliss.

maybe we should perhaps ask him if he was being sarcastic...

Hey Eric! Was that sarcasm or legit?

Asking questions is always better than just assuming...saves you trouble to...:thumbs: believe me lol.

Although I was being sarcastic, I do think Uni needs to work on the entrance (like previously discussed before). I have been to a lot of theme parks and Universal's just isn't that great.

Not sure if posted.

Storm damage posted on http://behindthethrills.com/2013/03/spring-storms-rip-through-central-floridas-theme-parks/

Here are 2 Simpson's pics:

541191_10200702822043366_1533544454_n.jpg

208984_10200702848204020_189060578_n.jpg

I'm pretty sure security and personnel were already responding, lucky to get those actually.

I truly believe when the phase 2 expansion, Transformers and Springfield opens, Universal Studios will start winning best Amusement Park awards. :thumbs:

Ha! The Golden Ticket voters will still put Knoebel's ahead of Universal and in the top three. Those awards have heavy bias.

Also, kinda funny that the small flat ride spinner has a queue covering and at this moment the massive E-Ticket on the other side of the lagoon does not.

Ha! The Golden Ticket voters will still put Knoebel's ahead of Universal and in the top three. Those awards have heavy bias.

Also, kinda funny that the small flat ride spinner has a queue covering and at this moment the massive E-Ticket on the other side of the lagoon does not.

But the massive e-ticket has a 30 minute inside queue that is covered, but additional outside queue that looks a little covered. I bet you the spinner over flow queue will not be covered.

Hello people, newbie here :wave: I've been following some threads all over the website for awhile now but hadn't joined until recently and thought I'd join in. This may have been already answered, but can anyone tell me what the name of the Kang-&-Kodos-themed ride is? Also, other than the Krusty Burger and Moe's Tavern, what restaurants are being built in the expansion?

Hello people, newbie here :wave: I've been following some threads all over the website for awhile now but hadn't joined until recently and thought I'd join in. This may have been already answered, but can anyone tell me what the name of the Kang-&-Kodos-themed ride is? Also, other than the Krusty Burger and Moe's Tavern, what restaurants are being built in the expansion?

Welcome to the forums! The name of the actual Kang & Kodos spinner has not been revealed yet. As far as places to eat there will be a Kentucky Fried Panda, which will be in between Moe's and the Kwik-E-Mart. Also near the lagoon there will be a Duff Gardens and I can't remember specifically where it will be but there will also be a Lard Lad donuts stand.

Welcome to the forums! The name of the actual Kang & Kodos spinner has not been revealed yet. As far as places to eat there will be a Kentucky Fried Panda, which will be in between Moe's and the Kwik-E-Mart. Also near the lagoon there will be a Duff Gardens and I can't remember specifically where it will be but there will also be a Lard Lad donuts stand.

Spinner, Duff Gardens, Jebediah Springfield Statue, Lard Lads, Food Truck in that order working from MIB and going towards the Delorean :thumbs:

Awesome! I'm gonna be visiting the resort in 4 days and can't wait to see how construction is going! I heard there's also gonna be an Italian eatery, is this true?

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome! I'm gonna be visiting the resort in 4 days and can't wait to see how construction is going! I heard there's also gonna be an Italian eatery, is this true?

Spinner, Duff Gardens, Jebediah Springfield Statue, Lard Lads, Food Truck in that order working from MIB and going towards the Delorean :thumbs:

niccceeee! I think I'm just most excited to see what everything looks like when it's completed. And I mean the combination of getting beers at Moe's, eating a krusty Burger at Krusty Burger, and walking through Springfield eating Lard Lad donuts is EPIC!

Last edited:

I CANNOT WAIT! :happy: So is Springfield officially gonna become its own land now? If so, what will the area where Men in Black is be called? I don't really think "World Expo" would fit with this singular attraction.. :stunned:

- - - Updated - - -

For sure. It'll be really cool to be immersed in an explorable Springfield, complete with Krusty burgers, Flaming Moes, and Lard Lad donuts :doggie:

- - - Updated - - -

General Changs Taco Italiano was in the initial phase of the planned expansion but was dropped due to Creative thinking it wouldn't be recognizable, so instead they are putting KFP where Changs was supposed to go, and then Comic Book guys shop is going on the end which is where KFP was originally planned. So from the Kwik E Mart heading towards the bathrooms, KFP, Moe's, Krustyburger, and Androids.

General Changs Taco Italiano was in the initial phase of the planned expansion but was dropped due to Creative thinking it wouldn't be recognizable, so instead they are putting KFP where Changs was supposed to go, and then Comic Book guys shop is going on the end which is where KFP was originally planned. So from the Kwik E Mart heading towards the bathrooms, KFP, Moe's, Krustyburger, and Androids.

Still sounds awesome to me :smiley: Is the Android's Dungeon actually gonna be a store?? (I feel so out of the loop :look:)

Last edited: