Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Holy crap Mine Train construction crew, take some damn lessions from Universal.... Why is it that side closest and facing old Fantasyland is the least finished? Wouldn't they want to get that side done so its not such an eye sore when you walk in to New Fantasyland?

Holy crap Mine Train construction crew, take some damn lessions from Universal.... Why is it that side closest and facing old Fantasyland is the least finished? Wouldn't they want to get that side done so its not such an eye sore when you walk in to New Fantasyland?
The side closest to mermaid will be opening first. There's a store (DVC stand?) that is there. Rumored to be open by mid-June.

I've noticed that Scuttle goes out every few weeks. He somehow takes a lot of damage. When he went out last time it was because of a hole on his neck. This time he had three cuts on his stomach and I think that's why he's out this time.

:stunned:

Vandalism? Animals attacking it? Other reasons?

He was out last night, as was the second Ariel, a clan of starfish under the sea, and the eye of the last Ariel was wigging out.

The side closest to mermaid will be opening first. There's a store (DVC stand?) that is there. Rumored to be open by mid-June.

i believe its been pushed back again to august due to safety concerns regarding the front side of the mine train.

i know there will be a dvc kiosk but the main project is the market we lost when toontown was demolished. maybe a small merch location too.

what is wrong with the Little Mermaid ride omg O_O
It's the millionth omnimover Disney has created...it's a D-Ticket that was billed as an E....oh you mean at the moment, there are a few animatronics that are having some rough days

So I guess say goodbye to Disney ever doing them again

Visited the new Fantasyland for the first time this weekend. Some thoughts:

1. The Little Mermaid had only one animatronic down(the trio of lobsters during the "Under The Sea" scene). The ride has great themeing, inside and out. Everyone bashes it for being another omnimover, but the majority of the people I was with(kids and adults), as well as many guests I noticed getting off of the ride, seemed to enjoy it. It didn't blow me away, but I'm a grown man. What matters is the families with young kids enjoy it, and they do.

2. The Beauty & The Beast area was mobbed. The only thing I experienced there was Gaston's. As much as I love turkey legs, they have now been replaced by the roasted pork shank. As fatty, and unhealthy as it may be, it was delicious. I highly recommend it. The LeFouf's brew was also pretty good. I'd recommend trying it, but it has nothing on Butterbeer.

3. Another area that gets bashed pretty hard here is Storybook Circus. And quite frankly, I question as to why. The circus theme fits perfectly with Dumbo, Barnstormer, and Casey Jr.'s water area. The Dumbo queue is pretty cool in more ways than one. Being with my daughter, I enjoyed sitting indoors while she burned some energy in the play area. The interior is pretty well themed. And the "ticket" system they have in place is really underrated.

4. The construction site of Snow White is quite massive. The pictures posted don't really give it justice. With it being so big however, it did damper the theme a little bit, and constricted the flow of traffic. But when complete, I think it will be amazing.

5. The Tangled area doesn't have a whole lot I'll admit. But the latern-themes, especially at night, are impressive.

Final thoughts: Fanatasyland was packed and popular. The themeing is some of the best Disney has done. While many on here curse them for not building a Beauty & The Beast or Tangled ride, I feel the vast majority of the guests(myself included) visiting Magic Kingdom will be pleased with what they have created.

^^^

I agree with everything you say. I was not looking forward to Little Mermaid because it was "another omni-mover" but I was really impressed with it too.

Yeah I like the Mermaid ride and IMO it will be the superior attraction in New Fantasyland.