Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
what press release?

Also...has the Mermaid ride in Califronia had simialr problems? Why is it that we never hear about Disney Land's attractions falling apart?

Spring 2014 is sooner than what most were expecting.

I have heard for awhile they've been aiming for late this year, similar to what happened with the NFL opening in December. This is new and shows some significant delays. The 2014 window was always overly pessimistic.

I have heard for awhile they've been aiming for late this year, similar to what happened with the NFL opening in December. This is new and shows some significant delays. The 2014 window was always overly pessimistic.

I had heard fall 2014 but I could be wrong. From the construction photos posted on here, it seems they are moving at a slow pace.

It's always been fiscal Q2 2014 which is Spring 2014. The same can't be said for the Princess hall, which is later than originally intended if I'm not mistaken.

Scratch that I thought I read Summer 2014 for Princess Hall not late 2013 my fault.

Spring 2014 is sooner than what most were expecting. I'm going to Disney World in September and I was hoping for the mine train to magically be done. I guess that means another trip!:happy:

Don't feed the mouse your extra cash when they dont deserve it. Lol

Until they start upping the ante at WDW, I'm going to continue to spend less and less time and money there.
Stop being cheap TDO and give us your patrons real reasons to come back and spend money: exciting and new attractions... And don't take a decade to build one! Sheesh!

(You guys do realize the last E-ticket in all of WDW opened over 7 years ago? That's a long drought!)

what press release?

Also...has the Mermaid ride in Califronia had simialr problems? Why is it that we never hear about Disney Land's attractions falling apart?

The management team in California, actually know what spending money on maintenance and building new attractions, is. Whereas the WDW management is all about saving money and only spending it when they really need to. Its the main reason our family never makes the trip over to WDW, as it was in much worse shape, compared to Disneyland, which we visit a fair bit (for someone around the world), and we were used to the standards they offered.

As much as I hate the timeline they have this on, I don't think Transformers is a fair comparison.

Just another sad excuse to justify what Disney is doing....

Transformers (Idk if you noticed) had a chosen spot a month before construction began. They demo'ed a building already in its place. Dug into the ground, and then erected the building that stands there now all under a year.

Disney on the other hand is doing a meet n greet with a pre-existing building and its still not open.

Not to mention the marquee attraction of NF is still under construction and smack dab in the middle of it all.

Sorry pal, but Disney deserves no justification...only a slap to the head

Don't feed the mouse your extra cash when they dont deserve it. Lol

Until they start upping the ante at WDW, I'm going to continue to spend less and less time and money there.
Stop being cheap TDO and give us your patrons real reasons to come back and spend money: exciting and new attractions... And don't take a decade to build one! Sheesh!

(You guys do realize the last E-ticket in all of WDW opened over 7 years ago? That's a long drought!)

I understand where you are coming from. However, I have only been to WDW three times in my life, once when I was 6 and then twice last year. It was a 16 year gap between the trips. It's all still fresh and really exciting to me. My second trip to WDW I was just excited to be back. The third trip I started to notice that not much had really changed in the 16 years but it's still not a big deal to me. There is the new Fantasyland which i enjoy but I know it's a let down to a lot of customers. The maintenance issue does bother me though. That just makes me feel like TDO does not give a crap.

I have to say my mind was blown when I went to Universal! King Kong and Jaws were gone but there was a new island! I had no idea about the second island and it was a blast! I think I might actually prefer Universal over WDW.

How is it not? It's a highly advanced E-ticket that's been built in less time than it will take Disney to repurpose an already existing building.
It's not fair to compare the Transformers timeline to anything. That was a rush job unlike anything we've seen before and honestly may never see again for an E-ticket attraction.

It's not fair to compare the Transformers timeline to anything. That was a rush job unlike anything we've seen before and honestly may never see again for an E-ticket attraction.

Its not fair? Are you kidding me right now? I know youre not speaking to me but really? Rush job or not Universal got the job done and they are opening one of the most technologically advanced E-tickets known in the timeline of a year. And you want to pull whats "fair"? Its sad that you are even making this argument right now. No offense but I think someone's been sniffing the disney magic crackpot a little too long :lol:

Its not fair? Are you kidding me right now? I know youre not speaking to me but really? Rush job or not Universal got the job done and they are opening one of the most technologically advanced E-tickets known in the timeline of a year. And you want to pull whats "fair"? Its sad that you are even making this argument right now. No offense but I think someone's been sniffing the disney magic crackpot a little too long :lol:
Whoa there buddy, calm down before you hurt yourself. :lol:

First of all, I love Universal. I have actually been to DL more than WDW more in the past 6 months because the parks are of higher quality right now out there (and I made a stop at Universal Hollywood too!). I am by no means a "disney magic crackpot" and the fact that you accused me about 3-4 times in your post is sad, to be honest. The fact that i'm even giving you the time of day after that comment is ridiculous. It's funny that the Universal fanboy accuses someone like me, who LOVES and WORKS for the park. I love all the progress they are making and I HOPE that they knock a few Disney parks in attendance soon so maybe Disney will get off of their ass.

In conclusion, I can't believe I actually just had to type out this post. :blank:

Reactions: jtsalien
I found this pretty funny off Insidethemagic about the time frame the mine train is taking to build :lol:

:pixiedust:
Disney says the slow progress of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train construction is because they want to take their time to make sure the magic is perfected before they open.
:pixiedust:

Forget Transformers...even Potter Phase 2 seems to be moving as a much faster clip then any of Fantasyland is. Disney has no excuse except that they are being cheap and are budgeting the hell out of the expansion.

Whoa there buddy, calm down before you hurt yourself. :lol:

First of all, I love Universal. I have actually been to DL more than WDW more in the past 6 months because the parks are of higher quality right now out there (and I made a stop at Universal Hollywood too!). I am by no means a "disney magic crackpot" and the fact that you accused me about 3-4 times in your post is sad, to be honest. The fact that i'm even giving you the time of day after that comment is ridiculous. It's funny that the Universal fanboy accuses someone like me, who LOVES and WORKS for the park. I love all the progress they are making and I HOPE that they knock a few Disney parks in attendance soon so maybe Disney will get off of their ass.

In conclusion, I can't believe I actually just had to type out this post. :blank:

Great post.

It's still ridiculous how slow this meet and greet has gone though.:lol: