Springfield Expansion | Page 151 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll be there June 20th, hiding in the "shadows" among others...

Finally on a laptop and can link pictures. From USFaddicts.net

8689856945_6cf27dc4b1_c.jpg

The Android's Dungeon (E-Ticket Restrooms!):

8690986706_21b82b837c_c.jpg

More pictures here:
http://www.usfaddicts.net/2013/04/simpsons-update-42813/

Reactions: Felipe
Thanks, Reel! :thumbs:

Dungeon is looking really flat... I was hoping we were gonna get an actual window display with a bit of depth. Oh well, the rest looks very, very nice and with lots of textures and colors. Huge improvement over IFFF :cheers:

Am I correct to assume that door of Androids will not be facing the same way as the other 3 facades?

Am I correct to assume that door of Androids will not be facing the same way as the other 3 facades?

I think the Androids facade faces the lagoon like the other facades. The side is the entrance to the restrooms, and I am not sure if it's also Androids theme, or something different. HTF might be able to confirm or deny with more specificity.

Thanks, Reel! :thumbs:

Dungeon is looking really flat... I was hoping we were gonna get an actual window display with a bit of depth. Oh well, the rest looks very, very nice and with lots of textures and colors. Huge improvement over IFFF :cheers:
There has to be a window display, no? Otherwise, what would make it Androids, just an awning?

In this pic you can see the front of Android's facing the lake, and the facade wraps around just over a foot. That is just one of the things I am not liking so much about this project. Just like the 'roof' of Moe's does not go that far back, they could have made it look more realistic there.

A real window on Androids would be the best, but it could just be a painting or something printed.

Someone left the door to Krustyburger open:

BJDNvewCQAAIwSS.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

In this pic you can see the front of Android's facing the lake, and the facade wraps around just over a foot. That is just one of the things I am not liking so much about this project. Just like the 'roof' of Moe's does not go that far back, they could have made it look more realistic there.

A real window on Androids would be the best, but it could just be a painting or something printed.

They've actually added on to Moes recently if you look closely at the latest picture of the mystery restaurant.

As for Androids, we can't exactly see what's happening behind the wall. The open area is where the restrooms are, so it's not like they could do much.

Btw, here is Androids from USH

1d15d3353b46bb813d3583ba8b863450_zps4b4a39b0.jpg

Last edited:
They've actually added on to Moes recently if you look closely at the latest picture of the mystery restaurant.

As for Androids, we can't exactly see what's happening behind the wall. The open area is where the restrooms are, so it's not like they could do much.

I noticed that on Moe's, so hopefully it would look more 'believable' than before. :)

For Android's I was only pointing out what can be seen at the top of the building, the "window" that can not be seen is only speculation. It should look better than the one at USH though, as Moe's is way better here too.

But something that may be neat since there is apparently going to be a hallway inside the Android's facade, is if the inside wallpaper was the counter and interior of Android's... with a window giving a dimensional look.

Last edited:
Someone left the door to Krustyburger open:

BJDNvewCQAAIwSS.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, here is Androids from USH

1d15d3353b46bb813d3583ba8b863450_zps4b4a39b0.jpg
It just wouldn't be logical to cheap out on Androids, when they have been going top notch on everything else (not just in Springfield either)...they have to have a real window, if not, it better be a helluva painting

The windows on Androids will have to be painted. There is no other way to do it. If they had windows you could easily see inside and tell its not a shop, and you would either be looking into a toilet or small room made to look like a shop but then that might as well add a shop. So it will just be painted. There is NO other option.

Rather than simply using a painting, I think it's more likely they would create a closed-in window display with dimensional props. It would still give the impression that it could be a real store.

Rather than simply using a painting, I think it's more likely they would create a closed-in window display with dimensional props. It would still give the impression that it could be a real store.

I would think the same thing. I certainly HOPE that they'd do something like that and not simply chintz out by doing a cheap painting on the front! I also have to wonder if they're not planning on redoing the "Springfield" area in Hollywood to be something more along the lines of the Orlando version?

My thoughts on the Androids window are it could be a large HDTV display with some next gen animation showing the shops interior. :thumbs: that would be fine with me. :lol: Think of the golden snitch effect in Hogsmeade but on a grander scale.

Reactions: rozfan