Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 588 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Gringotts be called something like "Gringitts bank 3D" as in will the 3D be in the title?
It seems like something Rowling wouldn't want....

Will Gringotts be called something like "Gringitts bank 3D" as in will the 3D be in the title?
It seems like something Rowling wouldn't want....

It's "The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man," not "Spider-Man 3D," so coupled with JKR's restrictions I wouldn't expect a "3D" to pop up in the official title. Then again, we have very recent stuff like "Transformers: THE RIDE in 3D..."

Walks into room, reads thread, looks confused, glances down at own foot, shuffles toe making circles in the sand and says very quietly.... erm... what's an "AA"?:look::look:

Now, now... Do we know for sure Gringotts won't be chock full of AAs? :inquisitive: I know it's a 3D ride, but who's to say we won't have AAs in the mix?

The queue alone should have a bunch of moving goblins scribbling info in their ledgers etc.

Walks into room, reads thread, looks confused, glances down at own foot, shuffles toe making circles in the sand and says very quietly.... erm... what's an "AA"?:look::look:

Audio Animatronic, an old term from the 1950's that doesn't really apply to themed robotics any more.

AA literally means Audio Animatronics. But in general the term is used for anything similar.

that's a really good point. they are both good at their own things, but wouldn't it be interesting to see universal attempt a AA heavy attraction now? I wonder how it would compare to Disney?

Well just look at their most "advanced animatronic" Imhotep in The Mummy... FAIL. But I have heard from two cast members who have seen footage of the new Gringotts Goblin animatronics, they weren't told what they were looking at and they both agreed that they thought they were watching footage of actors during make-up prep... which means they looked real, lol.

Well just look at their most "advanced animatronic" Imhotep in The Mummy... FAIL. But I have heard from two cast members who have seen footage of the new Gringotts Goblin animatronics, they weren't told what they were looking at and they both agreed that they thought they were watching footage of actors during make-up prep... which means they looked real, lol.

I'm sorry but how is Imhotep a fail? The thing comes out of a coffin and gesticulates perfectly. What more could you want?

I'm sorry but how is Imhotep a fail? The thing comes out of a coffin and gesticulates perfectly. What more could you want?

Maybe he wants that rousing success in DAK, you know, that big hairball with the disco lights on it that hasn't work since the ride opened. Want to talk about epic fail?

Thanks you kindly. :thumbs::thumbs:

And, to clarify, we still use AA to describe any robot that performs on a queue, i.e. talking, growling, gesturing, even though they are not controlled by audio signals and timecode. Otherwise, small world mechanical figures are only that, figures that do the same thing over and over again throughout the day, hitting no exact queue.

And, to clarify, we still use AA to describe any robot that performs on a queue, i.e. talking, growling, gesturing, even though they are not controlled by audio signals and timecode. Otherwise, small world mechanical figures are only that, figures that do the same thing over and over again throughout the day, hitting no exact queue.

Ok cool. Thanks. So pretty much anything 'animatronic' then. I should have known, or at least figured it out myself.:thumbs:

Well, if Voldemort does show up in the ride, I hope it's not a burst-through-the-wall-and-jump-in-your-face moment. I'd rather see him in a quiet, eerie, atmospheric moment that creates an actual feeling of foreboding rather than just a startle, something we don't often see in theme park rides (if ever). Even if it lasts only a few seconds, I think that kind thing, more akin to a scene from a film, could really set this attraction apart in terms of storytelling and art.

Well from what we have been hearing they both will probably be in the ride. But we just don't know how they will be presented.

Considering HPatFJ, and Disaster (Uni's last two attractions featuring actual actors) it will be screen based or Musion.

Really doubt JK would sign off on an Animatronic, since even the best are still in the uncanny valley.

Status
Not open for further replies.