Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 594 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree they were leaked on purpose, I would rephrase the latter as "they hope, wish, pray that they have the place locked down like Fort Knox." knowing full well that they do not; not enough anyway.

:wave:

I really wish they'd just give up the charade and start doing updates like Disney *was* doing weekly with FLE. Use the Internet properly.

But this is so much more fun Reel!!! I love seeing them hustle to plug so many leaks in the dyke, knowing full well that it is impossible. The more uptight they are about it, the more I enjoy seeing them defeated.

Its funny, I hate that I cant make anything of the picture but on the other hand I dont really want to. I want the ride itself to be a complete surprise the first time I ride. Now the queue.....I wanna know whats up with the queue now...

Its funny, I hate that I cant make anything of the picture but on the other hand I dont really want to. I want the ride itself to be a complete surprise the first time I ride. Now the queue.....I wanna know whats up with the queue now...

What is this picture everyone's talking about? I don't know how I'm missing it?

Everyone, the pictures showed the interior of the Gringott's ride building as it stands recently. It is black inside with tons of A/C ductwork hanging from the ceiling and two areas of track in the foreground, one track covered in sheets of plywood, apparently to protect the track from falling objects from work above.

To my eyes, the building looks smaller on the inside than it does from the outside (which is a rare reversal of illusion). Part of what might make it look smaller is that so many vertical wall studs have gone up in the distance, separating various scenes.

The track in the pictures is far lower to the ground than I thought I had seen in images of the exposed building. These are most likely different areas of track which would confirm multiple levels. One of the two tracks visible had a wavy and curved nature to it like a very young child's roller coaster; up a foot, down a foot, up a foot down a foot.

I won't ask for any links to the pictures... but if someone could hint at the direction within twitter that I should be looking in... not very familiar with twitter, to be completely honest. A riddle would suffice?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it from BJCool.

These are most likely different areas of track which would confirm multiple levels. One of the two tracks visible had a wavy and curved nature to it like a very young child's roller coaster; up a foot, down a foot, up a foot down a foot.

I have to disagree. Upon examining the two photos, it is clear that the photos show the exact same area, from slightly different perspectives. In both photos, the rightmost track section is a has a slight turn closest to where the photo was taken. Additionally, the leftmost track has a wooden platform quite similar in the up and down structure.

Everyone, the pictures showed the interior of the Gringott's ride building as it stands recently. It is black inside with tons of A/C ductwork hanging from the ceiling and two areas of track in the foreground, one track covered in sheets of plywood, apparently to protect the track from falling objects from work above.

To my eyes, the building looks smaller on the inside than it does from the outside (which is a rare reversal of illusion). Part of what might make it look smaller is that so many vertical wall studs have gone up in the distance, separating various scenes.

The track in the pictures is far lower to the ground than I thought I had seen in images of the exposed building. These are most likely different areas of track which would confirm multiple levels. One of the two tracks visible had a wavy and curved nature to it like a very young child's roller coaster; up a foot, down a foot, up a foot down a foot.

I'm not so sure about the bolded. Didn't HTF or someone else recently say that they've been doing steady themeing work for a while? In these photos you can see that the floor of the building and ride related footers are still being poured. I've also heard that themeing work inside is well beyond the state we see in the photos, so I'm not so sure its very recent. If I had to guess I would say these are possibly 1-2 months old, maybe more.

I'm not so sure about the bolded. Didn't HTF or someone else recently say that they've been doing steady themeing work for a while? In these photos you can see that the floor of the building and ride related footers are still being poured. I've also heard that themeing work inside is well beyond the state we see in the photos, so I'm not so sure its very recent. If I had to guess I would say these are possibly 1-2 months old, maybe more.

It's recent, and there is theming work being done, just behind some of those walls.

Universal planted a tree in our honor

BK9Dt84CMAEs2le.jpg

Photo from Orlando Informer

So after watching Deathly Hallows part one and two again last night I noticed a few things, among them were:
How massive the glass dome on top of Gringotts is compared to the "leaning tower" front entrance is and how close the goblins are to the isle in between their desks.

So acording to the arial photos we know that they are recreating that big glass dome from the movie. The question is why is there a metal roof over it? Or is it that they are building the glass dome on top of that metal roof due to sight lines it may have to be much higher than the front tower? But I noticed, when standing in front of Transformers that that particular structure is already visible above the london facades, so my thinking is if they put a glass dome up there and a fire breathing dragon then it would be visible from the entire park... Just a thought.

I have to disagree. Upon examining the two photos, it is clear that the photos show the exact same area, from slightly different perspectives. In both photos, the rightmost track section is a has a slight turn closest to where the photo was taken. Additionally, the leftmost track has a wooden platform quite similar in the up and down structure.

I don't understand. What is it that you disagree with BJ?

I don't understand. What is it that you disagree with BJ?

I think he interpreted you post as stating that the two photos were of different parts of the ride, so that you were seeing four different sections of track. He was saying that the photos showed the same two lengths of track.

Status
Not open for further replies.