Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 596 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
From yesterday:

You can start to make out where windows will be in the rumored Grimmauld Place facade.

So exciting ...I remember when Hogwarts was halfway built on one of my trips and we spent so much time looking at waht it was going to all be Its like the same thing all over again, but in a way better because we know how good the first section turned out. I cant wait to see all of this in person in sept/Oct I bet they will be alot further along. DO you think they will put up those painted screens like Disney does so we cant see? They didnt during phase one but I dont remember being so close to the construction at any time during that. there were so many short cuts around everything in IOA.

- - - Updated - - -

We should see theming elements (of interest) begin to go up in July and August.

AWESOME

DO you think they will put up those painted screens like Disney does so we cant see? They didnt during phase one but I dont remember being so close to the construction at any time during that. there were so many short cuts around everything in IOA.

I don't think so. They don't tend to do that, and if they haven't put it up by now, I doubt we're getting more than a themed wall until this opens. We get a better view without those screens, though, so it's kinda good not to have them :sneaky:

I don't think so. They don't tend to do that, and if they haven't put it up by now, I doubt we're getting more than a themed wall until this opens. We get a better view without those screens, though, so it's kinda good not to have them :sneaky:

ya , I know they havnt used them but I was just thinking that the London part is so close to the walkway Im surprised they arent covering it since they are so strict with the construction pics this time. Im glad they dont though I love to see the work when they get to the theming details

It's interesting to go back and read some of the earlier posts on this thread. Very eye opening.
I can't wait for the facades to go up, because even though it sucks that we won't be able to see what's going on in the area construction-wise, we'll get more of a feel for how the area (meaning Diagon Alley) will look...

If you think about this Studios hasnt ever had an area just themed to one movie.(Amity felt more like a bunch of carnival games) I think it Will feel odd, you enter in a studio themed area with rides based of different movies, then New York/ San Fran with other movie themed rides. Now after San Fransico your in a area dedicated to one movie as the other areas are themed to a city with movie themed rides In them

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics, HTF! :cheers: Am I imagining things, or do I spot sheet rock in that first picture, past the London facades?

PS: Guys, let's not quote entire photo updates please :thumbs: Causes extra unnecessary scrolling.

Hey all, a while back one of you had posted a 3D, computer generated model (I think it was created in Sketchup) of the London facades. I wanted to tinker around with it for a painting, does anyone remember who created that?

Hey all, a while back one of you had posted a 3D, computer generated model (I think it was created in Sketchup) of the London facades. I wanted to tinker around with it for a painting, does anyone remember who created that?

May have been Gambit if I'm not mistaken.

PS: Guys, let's not quote entire photo updates please :thumbs: Causes extra unnecessary scrolling.

There's also a lot of quoting from the previous post too, which is kind of annoying because you're essentially reading the same thing twice. Not to be critical :thumbs:

So I was at the studios for the first time since jaws went the way of the dino's and i noticed the restroom was still Amity looking. Any plans to re-skin the restroom post potter?

Status
Not open for further replies.