Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 597 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was at the studios for the first time since jaws went the way of the dino's and i noticed the restroom was still Amity looking. Any plans to re-skin the restroom post potter?
Last time I saw those bathrooms (last Sunday) it looked like they were falling apart... I think universal will let them rot until they need new ones, or they will re-do them when the San Fransico ones open up

I thought I saw some bluish purplish color behind all that steel :shrug:

I see it too, but I think it's just a dark reflection off of the steel roofing sheets. At least the higher stuff is. You could be correct about the lower stuff.

Double checked for you Felipe. I also believe you are seeing the roof sheathing behind the steel work. Sorry.

right? haha I'm still expecting him to be present somewhere in the ride. I would be kind of off put if he wasn't anywhere in the new rides.
I wouldnt be put off as long as the story still makes sense. I just really dont get how its going to be done without him. Maybe Ron and Hermione need to get into the vault somehow, hence the a Bellatrix disguise. Maybe thats why Bill Weasleys office is somewhat relevant. It may be of use to us in infiltrating the bank. Just speculating....

Bill Weasleys office is very important and we find that out early in the queue for Gringotts.

I might be alone on this but I wouldn't mind if we don't see Harry, Ron or Hermione and that's because I feel it would add to the whole "journey" experience. We, just like all other witches and wizards, have to get our wands and cloaks and board the train until we arrive at Hogwarts and we are really in Harry's chaotic world. I feel that Diagon would be the perfect place to showcase the characters that aren't in Phase 1. And, let's not forget that Harry isn't the only hero within the books/movies; we have Bill, Sirius, Tonks, Remus and many others...I for one think Gringotts will have Dobby for sure :)

HTF...do you have any knowledge as to if they asked Dan R to play Harry for the ride and he declined? Or was he just no present in their original story...?

HTF...do you have any knowledge as to if they asked Dan R to play Harry for the ride and he declined? Or was he just no present in their original story...?

I'm not at liberty to talk about Mr Radcliffe, there is a reason for this that we will revisit another day

BTW, I guess THIS is more confirmation that Dan Radcliffe will not be a part of the expansion...

*ahem* Did you click the link? :p

In new comments to TimeOut London over the weekend, Radcliffe reveals that he didn’t film scenes for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion in Orlando because he’s “done so much work to establish [himself] as something outside that series.”

“…The theme parks are expanding and there was an enquiry whether I’d do more filming from them and I was like: No, I can’t get away with that any more, I’d just look foolish. I’d never totally close the door [to returning to Potter] for the reason that Jo’s a great writer. But no more school boy stuff.”

He added, “I’m 23, which is too old to be running round in a school boy’s cape.”

We have to assume that if Bonham Carter and Grint were asked to film scenes for the Gringotts ride at Universal Orlando then Radcliffe would’ve gotten a call as well. Grint’s publicist confirmed earlier this year that the red head did indeed shoot scenes.

Boo, Dan... Boo. :down:

PS: I just though... this doesn't necessarily mean he won't be there... There could be old rehashed footage used :shrug:

I love Daniel Radcliffe but this kind of pisses me off. He's pretty much acting like he's too big for the franchise now.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol im trying so hard to figure the queue and story of the ride out. Maybe im getting close...

Maybe Hermoine gets kidnapped by Bellatrix and Voldemort? So Ron goes to save her. But with help from his dad? which would explain going to Arthur Weasley's office? I don't know just thinking out loud here. Anyways just seems weird that Harry wouldn't be helping in the storyline though. But since he wouldn't do the scenes I guess it would have to do. And another thing maybe Ron would be getting some help from Dobby or others? Side Note: I hope since the ride isn't as intense as Forbidden Journey there will be that drop track sequence. Maybe at the end if you see Voldemort and the track drops?

Last edited:
Im not going to hate on Dan. I can kinda understand what he means. Alot of time has passed since he filmed the last one and hes moving on. I mean it lasted a decade so i'll cut him some slack. But as stated earlier they could use earlier footage of him he really needed to be present. I feel like they could pull it off without him though.

The thing is I dont think they would reuse the exact same situation from the movie so what other reason would they need to go to the vault?

I love Daniel Radcliffe but this kind of pisses me off. He's pretty much acting like he's too big for the franchise now.

I don't take it as him thinking or acting as though he's too big for it, but more him trying to move on and expand to other things. It's still sad that he wouldn't do this. I understand that it must be frustrating for him to try to keep moving forward with his career and always being pulled back to the Harry Potter character... but I wish he would've been a sport anyways, one more time, and just done the shoot. What's one last thing that won't really make that much of a difference anyways? Because once this opens, regardless of him filming a new segment or not, he's gonna be at the center of another media and Harry Potter fandom frenzy, just for the fact that something related to Harry Potter opened, and he's the biggest thing associated with it, after Jo Rowling. Oh well, we'll just have to suck it up, or see what magic Universal can pull out to still have the character of Harry Potter in there.
:pixiedust:

Status
Not open for further replies.