Springfield Expansion | Page 197 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
FFB is Food, Kwik E Mart is Merch. They are split from the VP level down and as a result they share absolutely nothing. (Interestingly both the VP of food and the VP of merch's next step ins senior VP of rev ops. So they are competing for the same job..... wonder why the departments don't work well together from the top down)

Because aside from bringing in revenue, merch and food service really have nothing in common. They rolled out that whole "Revenue Ops" silliness when GE bought Uni from Vivendi, and really was just to consolidate upper management (several tenured upper-level foods mngrs were busted down to lower-level positions in favor of merch managers in this new organization). I had a new area manager from merch that wanted me to understaff on cooks and over-order food based on their retail experience. I gave up fighting, and they couldn't figure out why service times went up, food quality went down, and good costs went through the roof.

Also, while things might have changed in 7 years, merch and foods have different POS and inventory systems.

If it is Reel it's another late upgrade. There have been so many major upgrades throughout this project with like 2-3 minor cutbacks. Once open and we do a full photo review maybe I'll chime in on how amazing this project is. Creative continues to up their detail levels and this entire land won't disappoint. I'm very excited to see it complete!
I guess we'll see then. Fingers crossed!

Chicken and Waffle Sandwiches are just part of this large menu, everyone will be very very happy.

HTF what's your preopening prediction of which food item will be the Simpsons equivalent of Butterbeer in terms of success?

I don't like waffles or burgers but that may change if the chicken and waffles looks good and if i have an urge to try a krusty burger. Can't wait to see the menu tomorrow or hope someone leaks it today. I know you guys will get all the pictures. Can't wait to see the new merch as well. It sucks that I'm going to Orlando this weekend to go to lego land .

Im really interested to see the menus. and impressions of the Flaming Moe. Hoping there will be an alcholoic version of it down the road.

Thanks for the video Miketheboss! :thumbs:

After seeing the art, hearing about significant menu items that we've never seen from Universal food before, and now knowing there are 3 signature drinks, I'm far more excited for Springfield than I am for TF.

Right now I'm more excited to ride Transformers, but I'm sure once I've "been there, done that"... I'm probably gonna spend more time in Springfield. That is, until Diagon Alley opens! :cheers:

Reactions: Felipe
Behind the Thrills just posted 3 pictures of inside FFB on their twitter, including "Lisa's Teahouse of Horror", the Clogger burger from Krusty Burger, and the tap for Flaming Moes as well as the Buzz Cola dispenser.

http://behindthethrills.net/post/51805038034/lisas-teahouse-of-terror-i-see-what-you-did-there

http://behindthethrills.net/post/51804969060/wash-down-your-krustyburger-with-a-flaming-moe

http://behindthethrills.net/post/51804887980/how-about-a-little-snack-at-krustyburger-at
mmm...Clogger Burger!