Plastic Annual Passes | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Plastic Annual Passes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How long have they done that? Had I known they did that I would have upgraded and got rip of my paper passes years ago :lol:

I have had one for several years, that all I know, when I heard they were available I got one.
You have to go to guest service to request one and the fee goes to a conservation fund.

I used to have the plastic red one but due to my finances years ago I let me pass expire for some time and when I returned for a new one it was paper. The current paper ones are still better than the paper ones uni had when IOA opened. One trip on Dudley, Popeye, or even JPRA meant the ticket was ruined and you had to wait in a very long guest relations window for a replacement

The most insane thing about the paper passes is the ink is heat sensitive and the entire back face turns black over time. Like a fax. From the nineties. I've had mine replaced for free twice in the last year but both were totally and completely unreadable. APs should be plastic, no doubt.

I did that with one of my old BGT passes and over time the laminate ended up peeling and caused a bigger headache since it ripped the ticket apart from itself. Granted I used a self laminate kit from Walgreens to do it myself.

How much does it cost to produce a plastic card, people pay enough for these passes and they are meant to last a year at least. Poor show in my eyes.