Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats one reason I dont like bush gardens. Right outside the park is the street/shopping centers and the "real world". And its not a pretty real world, its in fact ugly. What Disney has and the little bit universal has makes the parks feel more special.

It just weird to have to leave the resort to go to a park owned by the same resort. Idk. Unless the city puts in MILLIONS on making the connection of the existing resort to the other water/park to make it feel connected and cohesive.

I see your point, but how about the monorail be a hogwarts express type deal where you are immersed in the experience and don't really see the outside world. Granted at the theoretical Wet n wild area hotels it would be hard to hide the outside world, but for the rest of the experience, they could do it.

They are grade A water rides, but grade D in the theming department...

I would have to respectfully disagree. Popeye I feel like is the best themed water ride of it's kind out there/overall best ride of it's kind. And Dudley while it could be much more themed I really don't feel like it's in the D grade department. I have so much damn fun on the ride! and that drop get's me every time! I've honestly never had more of a good time on a water ride in my life then I do with Dudley and Popeye. And also I love the drop on JRA. That drop is also very impressive.

I would have to respectfully disagree. Popeye I feel like is the best themed water ride of it's kind out there/overall best ride of it's kind. And Dudley while it could be much more themed I really don't feel like it's in the D grade department. I have so much damn fun on the ride! and that drop get's me every time! I've honestly never had more of a good time on a water ride in my life then I do with Dudley and Popeye. And also I love the drop on JRA. That drop is also very impressive.

I'd say Kali (If everything worked) is better then themed then Pop's while Dudley is downright embarrassing when compared to Splash and JTA. Though yes, both are very fun rides.

I'd say Kali (If everything worked) is better then themed then Pop's while Dudley is downright embarrassing when compared to Splash and JTA. Though yes, both are very fun rides.

Kali is fun, and it is themed pretty well to the park, but personally I think popeye's is better themed.

But this is off topic and we are both right, as it's opinions and neither is demonstrably a better ride at 100% functionality.

I meant theming wise, and I haven't been to the Mouse since 2011, When I was disgusted at how things were going and was not going to put my money into something that was falling apart.

EDIT:We are dragging the thread off topic so let's agree to disagree.

If Universal expanded into a third gate what are some attractions or lands that you guys would really like to see? LOTR, Horror, and DC(of course) would probably be at the top of my list.

Classic monsters are at the top of my list, DC would be up there as well. (Dark Knight ride would be pretty cool.)

Yeah Horror/Monsters would be EPIC! And Gotham City and Metropolis need to be in DC for sure! I can see attractions such as: Dark Knight, Man Of Steel, and I think it would be amazing to see a Joker/Arkham Asylum ride similar to a Tower Of Terror :drool:

If Universal expanded into a third gate what are some attractions or lands that you guys would really like to see? LOTR, Horror, and DC(of course) would probably be at the top of my list.

I kinda would like to see them do an all out thrill park. Kind of a a Cedar Point/SFMM on steroids. Something for the adrenaline junkies. It would need a kids area and some tamer rides for the less adventurous. But overall make a lot of massive record breaking coasters.

I kinda would like to see them do an all out thrill park. Kind of a a Cedar Point/SFMM on steroids. Something for the adrenaline junkies. It would need a kids area and some tamer rides for the less adventurous. But overall make a lot of massive record breaking coasters.

I would definitely be in for that!

No, no, no, no, and no.

These parks work for a very specific reason and only for that reason.

Amusement parks with very few exceptions (Ceder Point, SFMM) are not world class resorts, and one hasn't been built in Orlando because Orlando is a resort town that people go out of their way from all over the world to see. You throw in a park that is a bunch of rollercoasters, even if they're great ones, and I guarantee you that park will have the lowest attendance rating in Orlando.

People travel to Orlando because every park in the area can be done as a family, most amusement parks don't allow that, or make it very obvious when they are separating kid rides and adult rides.

Let's look at it another way, BGT is an hour drive from the attractions area of Orlando. There are shuttles that will take you to that park from seaworld, hotels, and universal, but yet yearly attendance hovers around 4 million. Amusement parks work best when localized, SFMM and Ceder Point being exceptions because of how good the rides are, and even so it's a fairly short drive compared to Orlando, so local families will still take time to visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.