Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all connected by (Supposedly, remember we are arguing over blue-sky) a Monorail which is much more connected then the Transportation fiasco it is for a hotel guest to go from MK-MGM.

Thats one reason I dont like bush gardens. Right outside the park is the street/shopping centers and the "real world". And its not a pretty real world, its in fact ugly. What Disney has and the little bit universal has makes the parks feel more special.

It just weird to have to leave the resort to go to a park owned by the same resort. Idk. Unless the city puts in MILLIONS on making the connection of the existing resort to the other water/park to make it feel connected and cohesive.

Thats one reason I dont like bush gardens. Right outside the park is the street/shopping centers and the "real world". And its not a pretty real world, its in fact ugly. What Disney has and the little bit universal has makes the parks feel more special.

It just weird to have to leave the resort to go to a park owned by the same resort. Idk. Unless the city puts in MILLIONS on making the connection of the existing resort to the other water/park to make it feel connected and cohesive.
I actually appreciate Busch Gardens more because of that. I don't think any park does a better job of immersing you in theme when you consider the surrounding area. It's an escape.

Disneyland has that too and it's the best park in the country.

Has there been any word on what will sit on the vacant land between Adventure Way and the Royal Pacific Resort?

To me, this seems like the logical place for a new water park - adjacent to two resort hotels (including the larger economy resort). I also find it interesting that they did not extend the waterway shuttle to Cabana Bay Resort. To me this suggests that whatever is planned for the vacant land at Adventure Way / Hollywood Way will stand in the way of connecting Cabana Bay. The only thing that would do so is another gate as hotels or even a golf course could be built to include a water passage for guests.

I think it is much too early to assume that Uni would built a 3rd gate way down by the convention center. Like many of suggested, it seems far disconnected from the hub that they've brilliantly created over the last 2 decades. All that is known is that they bought 51 acres at I-Drive. A logical use for this land would be to improve the appearance of their I-Drive resort entrance through creating themed retail / hotel space.

Has there been any word on what will sit on the vacant land between Adventure Way and the Royal Pacific Resort?

To me, this seems like the logical place for a new water park - adjacent to two resort hotels (including the larger economy resort). I also find it interesting that they did not extend the waterway shuttle to Cabana Bay Resort. To me this suggests that whatever is planned for the vacant land at Adventure Way / Hollywood Way will stand in the way of connecting Cabana Bay. The only thing that would do so is another gate as hotels or even a golf course could be built to include a water passage for guests.

I think it is much too early to assume that Uni would built a 3rd gate way down by the convention center. Like many of suggested, it seems far disconnected from the hub that they've brilliantly created over the last 2 decades. All that is known is that they bought 51 acres at I-Drive. A logical use for this land would be to improve the appearance of their I-Drive resort entrance through creating themed retail / hotel space.
I believe that that plot of land is earmarked for a smaller high end boutique hotel that will be operated by Loews and be the most luxurious offerings at the resort.

First of all, I was joking. But you have to admit, there is water almost around every corner at the park. I really hope Dudley sees the same fate as Jaws when Toon Lagoon sees it's overhaul. The worst of the three water rides for me. And it's not even close.

You watch your tongue! lol Sorry I have always loved Dudley, Popeye, and Toon Lagoon.

It seems like there would be a lot of logistical issues with this, but what if they used the newly acquired property to house some of the current backstage/production/business offices, then expanded or connected the two parks via the newly freed up space.

It seems like there would be a lot of logistical issues with this, but what if they used the newly acquired property to house some of the current backstage/production/business offices, then expanded or connected the two parks via the newly freed up space.

That seems logical, but remember - now that the hogwarts express train will make a nice divider between "on stage" and back stage, expanding past the train would require extensive retheming of the track and train itself (causing a long operational downtown). It doesn't seem like something that will happen, I think Universal will just use the newly acquired land for a new park entirely.

You watch your tongue! lol Sorry I have always loved Dudley, Popeye, and Toon Lagoon.

Agree.

Let's face it. They are building new attractions for JP and possibly Seuss to balance out all their water rides, which are all good rides. When you have a theme park in Florida, you need them. Also because JP needs a new ride, IOA needs more kid-friendly rides, and more rides = more fun!

I love all three water rides at IOA and wish Universal Studios had at least one. There are some days I come just to eat lunch and ride the water rides.
Dudley is my least favorite of the three, but that drop is just so awesome! Not one single flume out there can compare. If this thing was actually refurbished to the point where all scenes were full it would be a top notch flume...it's such a shame they slashed the heck out of the rides original budget.

I'm the exact opposite. Dudley is my absolute favorite ride of all time, anywhere. I'd be very very sad to see it go. But, if it has to go at some point to make room for more or better attractions, so be it.

I believe only once, in 2006 or sometime around then. The drop was completely torn out and replaced with a more gradual/softer-angled drop.

Torn out? I thought that the new drop was simply built on top of the existing one. As a matter of fact, I think you can still see the outline of the original drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.