Springfield Expansion | Page 265 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was just reading an article about Fox breaking into the theme park market and I stumbled upon this:

"What about Fox properties that are already being used in theme parks, such as "The Simpsons," which has attractions at Universal Studios, and "Avatar," which will have inspire a themed area at Disney's Animal Kingdom?
Disney has an exclusive deal, so that will impact the use of "Avatar" anywhere in the world. With "The Simpsons" we have the right to talk to other partners, but we've been in business with Universal on two theme parks and in the next couple of weeks we'll be talking about an expansion for "The Simpsons" at Universal.
We always like to talk to our current partners first, so I think we'll start with exploring other opportunities with Universal before we go elsewhere."

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/foxs-first-ever-theme-park-just-beginning-studio-194044787.html

I was just reading an article about Fox breaking into the theme park market and I stumbled upon this:

"What about Fox properties that are already being used in theme parks, such as "The Simpsons," which has attractions at Universal Studios, and "Avatar," which will have inspire a themed area at Disney's Animal Kingdom?
Disney has an exclusive deal, so that will impact the use of "Avatar" anywhere in the world. With "The Simpsons" we have the right to talk to other partners, but we've been in business with Universal on two theme parks and in the next couple of weeks we'll be talking about an expansion for "The Simpsons" at Universal.
We always like to talk to our current partners first, so I think we'll start with exploring other opportunities with Universal before we go elsewhere."

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/foxs-first-ever-theme-park-just-beginning-studio-194044787.html

I'm thinking that might have more to do with Hollywood than Orlando...

The thing in that article that caught my attention was the attraction based on ALIEN. Maybe Disneyhead was on to something!:look:

Those complaining about the K&K spinner, it's a much needed flat attractions that the entire family can ride.

Equally, it'll add some awesome kinetic energy to Springfield and that area of the park. Something that I think is desperately missing from the Studios (aside from HRRR at the front).

Considering it is being built between two large scale dark rides being built I don't think anyone should complain too much about thet park having thet spinner. I am not crazy about carnival like rides in a park that was not meant to have them, but it fits with the new concept for the area and it is going into a park that does not already have one. If it there was already a spinner than I would be unhappy.

I'm really excited about this ride but I'm not going on it. Me and spinning rides don't mix very well. :ack:

So we are still waiting on the "Welcome To Springfield" sign, Lard Lad, and "Krustyland" sign. Oh, and the tentacles around K&K's. And of course detail work like painting the lines on the road, adding things like newspaper boxes and street signs, and landscaping,

Last edited:
A little late to the game, but I loved seeing the tables with so many people sitting at them. Really jazzes the area up and will probably be more popular once the walls come down as there will be so much for guests to see.

Considering it is being built between two large scale dark rides being built I don't think anyone should complain too much about thet park having thet spinner. I am not crazy about carnival like rides in a park that was not meant to have them, but it fits with the new concept for the area and it is going into a park that does not already have one. If it there was already a spinner than I would be unhappy.

I haven't heard/read much complaining. Sounds like most people are really excited about the new spinner. I personally can't wait to experience Springfield.

And it sounds like Friday could be the Grand Opening!

So we are still waiting on the "Welcome To Springfield" sign, Lard Lad, and "Krustyland" sign. Oh, and the tentacles around K&K's. And of course detail work like painting the lines on the road, adding things like newspaper boxes and street signs, and landscaping,

So close to the prize, just the finishing touches.

Those complaining about the K&K spinner, it's a much needed flat attractions that the entire family can ride.

Equally, it'll add some awesome kinetic energy to Springfield and that area of the park. Something that I think is desperately missing from the Studios (aside from HRRR at the front).

Another thing for those who would not ride this to consider is it is another line full of people not in line for what you do want to ride. Regardless of the fact that it is taking up previously under utilized space. Obviously there is not enough space there for a dark ride or coaster or anything other than a flat ride.

I'll give it a whirl once. I have been on every ride at UOR :look: except Pteradon Flyers. :lol:

PF is still a fun experience, though it is definitely not worth a long wait. Too bad that the capacity problems turned it into a kids only ride. Sometimes you may still be able to get on without a kid on very slow days.

Last edited: