Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream: Worth the Money?

I was curios about the tours. Thinking about the super tour on a Friday. When they say complimentary drinks, what do they mean? I am not that drunk guy, although I have spent about $80 on refreshments in previous years. Whats the deal? Is there a limit? If anyone has any info I would really appreciate it...

There are areas only available to tours that have beer, water of soda also snacks like chips and pretzels. You can get as much as you want and can go to those areas as frquently as you or your group dictates with your guide.

Sounds you guys had fun and as for Diane Im very impressed :smiley:. I never got the chance to go so will I look forward to a report and pictures from this Bob and Felipe.

Roodlesnouter. Get yourself up to Farmaggedon for more Halloween fun! Well worth the drive :)

I though Howl-O-Scream was fantastic, FF was worth the $26 extra!

Sounds you guys had fun and as for Diane Im very impressed :smiley:. I never got the chance to go so will I look forward to a report and pictures from this Bob and Felipe.

She rode all five :thumbs: I had to buy her a "5X the Fury" shirt :lol:

I'll have a little write-up shortly on our impressions compared to HHNs.

As many of you already know I attended HoS at BGT for the first time last night. Below are listed some of my observations as compared to HHNs at UOR.

In general I found the event staff to be enthusiastic, courteous and very profesional.

The majority of the scare actors outside of houses did not mind stepping out of character for a moment to have a picture taken with them. I have never found that to be the case at HHNs and in general it did not ruin the feel of the area.

The openness of the houses was refreshing, the isles did not appear to be nearly as tight.

HoS version of the front of line passes worked as intended. We did not wait more than five minutes for any house. Even later in the night when the lines wear quite long.

For those that stayed in the park after close to wait for HoS to begin had a very large area to roam, and there were a rather large and varied selection of food to choose from.

Many of the houses had interactive scare actors roaming the queue. I found this to be entertaining.

The lack of attendants with flashlights in the corners of the houses rushing you along may have been the best difference between HoS and HHNs of them all.

Overall I found the whole HoS experience positive and will definitely be attending next year. OFs recommendation to attend this even should not be taken lightly. And to answer the title question of this thread, yes :thumbs:

^ As far as the scares go I am probably not the right person to address that as it is extremely hard to scare me. That being said, they had quite a few unique and very effective scares that neither Felipe or I had ever seen before. They also have an uncanny ability to make scare actors appear as statues, this made for great scares every time I witnessed it. Now I know HHNs has done this many times before but dare I say not on the level I saw the other night. By the amount of truly scared attendees I would say HoS accomplished the task nicely.

As for as set design/theming goes the are right on par with HHNs, in fact Felipe stated that many of the houses have greater detail than the UOR event. I would say one area that HoS really shines is in the detail and theming of the outside area of the houses. Many were themed perfectly to start immersing you in the story before you even entered the house.

All in all I would say this is a very underrated event and everyone that can should attend.

Last edited:
Now that I've been to HoS, I can say with certainty that it's DEFINITELY worth the money! I highly recommend the event and I'm looking forward to doing it at least once a year from now on :cheers:

Very much agree with everything Bob mentioned, and as soon as I get a chance I'll be putting together a review with pictures!
BTW, you can thank Bob for my pictures since I had left my memory card at home :bonk:

Thanks for this guys, ihave gone to HHN for about 13 years straight now and have never gone to HoS :bang:

Thanks for this guys, ihave gone to HHN for about 13 years straight now and have never gone to HoS :bang:

That's crazy to me. :lol: I never make a trip to Orlando during the season without hitting them both. HOS is fantastic and Death Water Bayou is one of the best new houses across both events.

Death Water Bayou and Zombie Mortuary were better than any HHN house featured this year, IMO.

Roodlesnouter. Get yourself up to Farmaggedon for more Halloween fun! Well worth the drive :)

I though Howl-O-Scream was fantastic, FF was worth the $26 extra!

I checked that out online Brer and it looks pretty neat, have you been?

Wont be making it this year but will be getting "more halloween fun" at Alton Towers Scarefest event.

I checked that out online Brer and it looks pretty neat, have you been?

Wont be making it this year but will be getting "more halloween fun" at Alton Towers Scarefest event.

Yeah, I went last year and it was awesome, and I'm working there this year playing the Bride on queue line (her name is Constance ;) )

I won't make it up to AT for Scarefest as too busy with Farmaggedon, but I'll prob go up for the Fireworks!

Nice bride lol, I'll let you know how SF goes and I will be at fireworks myself, maybe see you there.