Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem with this potential dragon is that it has no place in any of the story except the breakout scene. That is one wham-bam scene through the dome and fly off. So, there ain't supposed to be a dragon sitting on top of the building as it has no such precedent as an ongoing feature of the books. The dragon is supposed to be chained in the dungeon, period.

My problem with this potential dragon is that it has no place in any of the story except the breakout scene. That is one wham-bam scene through the dome and fly off. So, there ain't supposed to be a dragon sitting on top of the building as it has no such precedent as an ongoing feature of the books. The dragon is supposed to be chained in the dungeon, period.

I feel the same way. I haven't seen all of the Harry Potter movies or read all of the books; in fact, I'm pretty fuzzy as to what happens after Part 2. But even I know that there's not supposed to be a dragon perpetually perched upon the Gringott's Bank building. It's also kind of weird to think we will be entering the bank when there's a dragon on top of it. The thing will be cool scenery but I don't see how it can possibly fit (comfortably) story-wise.

This may have already been discussed but where the hell did the sculpted/molded peak of the theater go? It can't simply just be underneath that black construction paper.... did they take it down??

My guess is that the dragon corresponds with the storyline. It isnt out there all the time but comes out periodically and breathes fire. So it is like the Deathly Hallows, and after you ride the attraction you see on the top basically to signify its escape. Some people definitely would see the dragon before they rode however...

Last edited:
This may have already been discussed but where the hell did the sculpted/molded peak of the theater go? It can't simply just be underneath that black construction paper.... did they take it down??

They took it down for some reason. It appears to be sitting up on top of the building, backwards and in sections, awaiting the reinstall. No one knows the reason for its temporary removal.

More information coming on December 12th about Diagon Alley, Cabana Bay, and City Walk per InsideTheMagic...for whatever reason, he is Universal's chosen one despite being a Disney podcaster.

I guess this will be another "Year to be Here" type presser.

Reactions: badlactose
More information coming on December 12th about Diagon Alley, Cabana Bay, and City Walk per InsideTheMagic...for whatever reason, he is Universal's chosen one despite being a Disney podcaster.

I guess this will be another "Year to be Here" type presser.
Ricky is a S.OBT Lifestyler. He'll do anything for $50. Or a press lanyard.

Using Disney's #1 fan is a smart move!

Ricky is a S.OBT Lifestyler. He'll do anything for $50. Or a press lanyard.

Using Disney's #1 fan is a smart move!

That's funny, but also a bit rude and unfair. I don't agree with all of Ricky's coverage, but he's really devoted to getting out pics and videos that many folks would never see otherwise, not to mention he's a human being and an awfully nice guy.

Plus, he was far from the only person invited to the 12/12 event. I was invited too, but had to turn it down because I'm spending that week in California.

Reactions: TylerDurden
^Agreed, Ricky is a great guy, came all the way down to Saint Pete to see my haunted attraction, The Radley Haunted House this last Halloween season.

OK so picture this if you can. walking though the line you walk in the vault and one scene has you sneak past the dragon which every now and then spots you wakes up and spits fire at you hence the fire barrier. or you walk past the dragon while its sleeping and it wakes up and charges at you but is held back by the chains. It would be a random encounter like the room in hogwarts castle when it starts snowing.

Since we are now spitting out random ideas ^(That could be cool) Is it appropriate to assume that the new area infront of Hogsmead arch and the path leading up to the new trainstation will be themed like Forbiden Forest? I think it would be so dramatic and amazaing to walk down a small shaded path from Lost Continent through dense trees that open up randomly to the Hogsmead arch! Also this would be a great way to hid Sinbad (I may have this idea in my head because of previous posts and clues from HateToFLy)but who knows! I love what I see in my head.

Reactions: Felipe
I finished my 2nd interview for the Gringotts attractions attendant position yesterday, and the person I interviewed with said there was something else coming to the land that has yet to be announced. An attraction of some sort. Is this something we here on the forums already know of? Or could this upcoming announcement on the 12th that ITM is involved with be our source for the info?

Status
Not open for further replies.