Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 141 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurassic Park already contains one of the three signature E-tickets in IOA. Sooo, I don't see how filling it out with a minor family coaster is a "problem". They'd never be able to market it properly with a second major E-ticket, the general populous would never separate it out from the existing Raft Adventure. Sure it would be awesome once you are there, but it's not easily conveyable in a 30 second spot, Universal has been using the T-rex and splash down scene for years.

A kong E-ticket seems more uniquely marketable in this regard and the two environments will "blend" together better.

Potter is a unique beast in that additional E-tickets from the same property are more marketable long term. People are literally showing up just for Potter, and if they can double that offering they may double the guest cash flow. A second Jurassic E-ticket will hardly open wallets more than the one they have already does.

Star Wars may realistically be the only thing out there that is similar. BUT Disney has a glut of properties that act synergistically the way more Potter does.

-You can fly with Peter Pan AND go Under the Sea with Ariel AND visit Snow white and the Mines...
-You can take a wild ride through Gringotts AND take the Hogwarts Express AND Fly with Harry in Hogwarts
-You can take a raft Adventure with Jurassic Dinosaurs AND a Jeep Safari AND a Lab dark ride

The third just really doesn't pack the same marketing 1,2,3 punch in a 30 second spot.

Seuss is really the land lacking any sort of signature ride, that's what I'd complain about first and foremost.

Last edited:
Jurassic Park already contains one of the three signature E-tickets in IOA. Sooo, I don't see how filling it out with a minor family coaster is a "problem". They'd never be able to market it properly with a second major E-ticket, the general populous would never separate it out from the existing Raft Adventure. Sure it would be awesome once you are there, but it's not easily conveyable in a 30 second spot, Universal has been using the T-rex and splash down scene for years.

A kong E-ticket seems more uniquely marketable in this regard and the two environments will "blend" together better.

Potter is a unique beast in that additional E-tickets from the same property are more marketable long term, Star Wars may realistically be the only thing out there that is similar. BUT Disney has a glut of properties that act synergistically the way more Potter does.

-You can fly with Peter Pan AND go Under the Sea with Ariel AND visit Snow white and the Mines...
-You can take a wild ride through Gringotts AND take the Hogwarts Express AND Fly with Harry in Hogwarts
-You can take a raft Adventure with Jurassic Dinosaurs AND a Jeep Safari AND a Lab dark ride

The third just really doesn't pack the same marketing 1,2,3 punch in a 30 second spot.

Seuss is really the land lacking any sort of signature ride, that's what I'd complain about first and foremost.

As long as a BTM-sized Grinch coaster is added later on, I wouldn't mind a junior woodie, but a second carousel doesn't make sense to me unless it's drastically different from Caro-Seuss-El.

A lab dark ride would be a C-ticket and just an extra family ride in JP. I'm just hoping they leave space for it later on. But I agree on Seuss! Personally, I think they should gut and bulldoze NBA City, bulldoze then annex the Grinchmas soundstage into IOA and incorporate the existing plot next to Cat for a mega expansion. Relocate 1F2F to the Green Eggs spot, make Seuss Trolley an all-ages attraction, give the remaining attractions a drastic face-lift, and add another flat ride along Sneetch Beach... Seuss Landing is on par with Fantasyland! And no one complains about lack of kiddie appeal in IOA

Grinch family coaster + Lorax dark ride + year-round stage show (themed to Grinchmas during Christmas of course!) + unique flat ride + land-wide upgrades= full, complete area

That's the problem Comcast needs to fix - that you have to bring a kid in order to ride. Expanding the track and adding a ride-through cave as part of a Camp Jurassic expansion would be perfect. Also, changing the ride vehicles to enclosed cable cars themed to JP would expand capacity by a large margin.

This and the Seuss Trolley should both have no height requirement IMO... and it would provide two more rides everyone can do.

Except Sky Trolley is suspended above the ground and with their last height check, a kid was able to defeat the harness system without even really trying and almost fell out. It's not safe. You should not be taking your baby to the theme park, anyway.

Reactions: Spideyfreak
^Exactly. Manufacturers set height restrictions for your safety. Suggesting allowing anybody to ride is just asinine... Height requirements are there to keep you alive. I can't stress this enough.

^Exactly. Manufacturers set height restrictions for your safety. Suggesting allowing anybody to ride is just asinine... Height requirements are there to keep you alive. I can't stress this enough.

With the exception of Pteranodon flyers, which imposed a max-height because of low capacity. This capacity problem is not an easy fix because the ride is two short but it already follows the boundaries of that section. Some other suggestions I have seen on here would be completely new rides, not just a fix.

Except Sky Trolley is suspended above the ground and with their last height check, a kid was able to defeat the harness system without even really trying and almost fell out. It's not safe. You should not be taking your baby to the theme park, anyway.

Enclosing the ride vehicle to be like the railroad at MK or the PeopleMover could work, though. I never said they had to keep the same ride vehicles. If they put a little money into new ride vehicles and lengthened the ride slightly (perhaps a show scene backstage?), capacity and the height requirement could be fixed.

The Seuss Trolley should have RVs that allow it to be all ages. Fully enclosing the ride vehicle is probably the best solution. No way should a slow moving ride like that have a 40" height requirement

Enclosing the ride vehicle to be like the railroad at MK or the PeopleMover could work, though. I never said they had to keep the same ride vehicles. If they put a little money into new ride vehicles and lengthened the ride slightly (perhaps a show scene backstage?), capacity and the height requirement could be fixed.

The Seuss Trolley should have RVs that allow it to be all ages. Fully enclosing the ride vehicle is probably the best solution. No way should a slow moving ride like that have a 40" height requirement

The problem with the ride is it's size. But the ride is boxed in on the east and west by rides. The areas to the north and south are the rumored sites for the new JP ride and Kong respectively. There is not much they can do to make this a worth while ride without compromising on the surroundings.

PteranodonPath.png

I was thinking, with all the money Universal has and all the money they are going to get from this Diagon Alley expansion, you would think another E-Ticket for Jurassic Park would for sure be in the plans. Like I know they want more kid appeal but with all the good chunk of change coming they might be missing out on a chance to have another successful major Jurassic Park ride. Then again they might have other plans with that DA money *cough* Lord Of The Rings *cough* lol Actually now that I just read the news about the water park, I think I might have just answered that question.

Last edited:
The problem with the ride is it's size. But the ride is boxed in on the east and west by rides. The areas to the north and south are the rumored sites for the new JP ride and Kong respectively. There is not much they can do to make this a worth while ride without compromising on the surroundings.

PteranodonPath.png

Considering JP is a theme park within a theme park, having Flyers go a good portion of the island might not compromise its surroundings... as long as the ride wasn't particularly visible from HP

Considering JP is a theme park within a theme park, having Flyers go a good portion of the island might not compromise its surroundings... as long as the ride wasn't particularly visible from HP

Making the ride longer is not only extremely impractical, but it wouldnt even increase its capacity enough to warrant a height requirement change. For starters, Im not even sure this kind of ride is produced anymore, meaning expanding it would be a hassle, if not impossible.

But even if Universal is willing to go through all the trouble of expanding an exisiting ride, how much length would really be added to it? Not a whole lot. You see, the number of vehicles that can run on a roller coaster track is determined by how many block sections are on the track. These are brakes accompanied by sensors that tell the ride a vehicle has cleared a certain section of the track and that its ok for another vehicle to enter said section safely. A ride like PF can only handle so many of those (remember that it constantly has to be at a downhill slop as well, limiting its possibilities for expansion). Its just not going to happen.

Now you could argue that theyd increase the size of the ride vehicles but that would ruin the dynamics of the ride. PF is staying as is. They could get rid of it I suppose, but in the end that would still be one less kid-friendly ride in the park...

Making the ride longer is not only extremely impractical, but it wouldnt even increase its capacity enough to warrant a height requirement change. For starters, Im not even sure this kind of ride is produced anymore, meaning expanding it would be a hassle, if not impossible.

But even if Universal is willing to go through all the trouble of expanding an exisiting ride, how much length would really be added to it? Not a whole lot. You see, the number of vehicles that can run on a roller coaster track is determined by how many block sections are on the track. These are brakes accompanied by sensors that tell the ride a vehicle has cleared a certain section of the track and that its ok for another vehicle to enter said section safely. A ride like PF can only handle so many of those (remember that it constantly has to be at a downhill slop as well, limiting its possibilities for expansion). Its just not going to happen.

Now you could argue that theyd increase the size of the ride vehicles but that would ruin the dynamics of the ride. PF is staying as is. They could get rid of it I suppose, but in the end that would still be one less kid-friendly ride in the park...

I was suggesting a cable car because you could fit 16-32 in one depending on the size of the vehicle. That would also get rid of the dangerous, open air concept (for a ride that is not remotely thrilling - I was bored at 7/8 yrs old) and make it accessible to the people who would like a leisurely view of JP - little kids (0-6) and older adults who can't handle thrill rides. I will agree that expanding the track is probably unfeasible but the ride has no true dynamic as is :lol: a circular spin around JP isn't a kiddie coaster so why not put in some of that $500 million yearly budget for the US parks and make this an all-ages attraction? The junior woodie will make this seem redundant if they both have 36" height requirements.

I believe the market research has shown that a $$$$ E-Ticket in JP wouldn't have the ROI that Kong would have. Considering what they already have has a big presence in their advertising, I don't think they really can do more with the IP than to simply increase the parks carrying capacity.

I believe the market research has shown that a $$$$ E-Ticket in JP wouldn't have the ROI that Kong would have. Considering what they already have has a big presence in their advertising, I don't think they really can do more with the IP than to simply increase the parks carrying capacity.

At the chance of Jurassic World being a hit, I am would bet they are thinking otherwise.

At the chance of Jurassic World being a hit, I am would bet they are thinking otherwise.

Here is my prediction...

Jurassic world is supposed to be an actual theme park

They are going to make Jurassic park in Orlando pretty much Identical to whatever they put in the movie. Whatever kiddie flat ride and whatever amber mine/kddie coaster they put Inside the movie. Expect to see it in the park.

That is kind of what Jurassic Park already attempts to be. The original was that way too. They may not of shown them but the character John Hammond said they would feature a lot of the rides and attractions one would find at a theme park. That is why we have the restaurants,gift shops, snack carts and Camp Jurassic's playground(which is blended beautifully with amber mines concept) and The Flyers.

You may be onto something there.

Post JP3 with no new film I would agree, but considering Universal has Jurassic World right around the corner and have a lot invested in it I think this is shortsighted of them.

What if they change out the entry arches to ones that look like the one in the new film that say Jurassic World and the carousel centerpiece and wooden coaster wrap around backdrop are direct lifts from what will be seen in at least 2 scenes in the new film (one where happy families are out for a day in "Jurassic World" in the daytime and one at night after all **** breaks loose)?

Assuming Jurassic World is a hit (which is absolutely not a guarantee), all theyd have to do is advertise JPRA. ANOTHER Jurassic Park ride to tie into Jurassic World wont differentiate enough from River Adventure. There's only so many dinos-gone-bad rides you can make without being redundant.

Assuming Jurassic World is a hit (which is absolutely not a guarantee), all theyd have to do is advertise JPRA. ANOTHER Jurassic Park ride to tie into Jurassic World wont differentiate enough from River Adventure. There's only so many dinos-gone-bad rides you can make without being redundant.

And that so many is one. And people don't care for peaceful exhibits, case and point being Trike Encounter's failure. Robot Dinosaurs are boring unless they're trying to eat you.

Status
Not open for further replies.