Universal Orlando Books? | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Books?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ash

Mar 10, 2013
I've recently had a bit of an obsession with reading books about Disney..

I highly recommend:

Reality land by David Koenig
Dream it, do it by Marty sklar
And Walt Disneys legends or imagineering

But does anyone know if there are any books on the history or construction if Universal?

If not, why not....? Lets write one

I've recently had a bit of an obsession with reading books about Disney..

I highly recommend:

Reality land by David Koenig
Dream it, do it by Marty sklar
And Walt Disneys legends or imagineering

But does anyone know if there are any books on the history or construction if Universal?

If not, why not....? Lets write one

I don't know about Universal books, but if you haven't already you should read Mouse Tales, also by David Koenig...pretty interesting stuff!

If there was a good Universal book I'd love to read it. I'm sure there's some interesting history there.

Honestly, with the amount of information on these boards, I'm surprised we haven't just taken on ourselves to compile/edit a complete history of UO.

Which of Seth's cover the history and construction of universal?
I have to admit im normally put off by guidebooks.
There's so many disney ones theRe needs to be more universal ones.

Id love to do a photography coffee table box on all the Universal attractions. Maybe one of these days Ill make one for myself on Snapfish

I did one for myself actually, but covering all the Universal parks, not just Universal Orlando. I made a lot of research for two months and compiled all the info, pictures and artworks I got in this 140-pages book, then printed it on a large, deluxe format just to marvel at all the beautiful pictures.

Obviously, I don't have any rights on this so it's a personal gift (and pretty costly at that). But I would love Universal to release an official history book, the museum is a great step in the right path.

Here are a few pics :

Last edited:
Reactions: Jenstar and Felipe
I did one for myself actually, but covering all the Universal parks, not just Universal Orlando. I made a lot of research for two months and compiled all the info, pictures and artworks I got in this book, then printed it on a large, deluxe format just to marvel at all the beautiful pictures.

Obviously, I don't have any rights on this so it's a personal gift (and pretty costly at that). But I would love Universal to release an official history book, the museum is a great step in the right path.

Here are a few pics :

Wow! Now I want one :thumbs:

Hey, I just discovered this thread. Wow grandmath, that photo book looks awesome!
My Universal guide (2014 edition now available, plug plug) doesn't have much history & construction. But my friend Sam Gennawey (author of Walt & the Promise of Progress City and The Unofficial Guide's Disneyland Story) is working on one about Universal history right now! Keep an eye out later this year...

Last edited:
Hey, I just discovered this thread. Wow grandmath, that photo book looks awesome!
My Universal guide (2014 edition now available, plug plug) doesn't have much history & construction. But my friend Sam Gennawey (author of Walt & the Promise of Progress City and The Unofficial Guide's Disneyland Story) is working on one about Universal history right now! Keep an eye out later this year...

Fixed it for you, I can't take the credit :thumbs:

Hey, I just discovered this thread. Wow natespf, that photo book looks awesome!

I'm not natespf :wave:

Thanks, your book's also a great read, I have the 2010 and 2012 edition, looking forward to the 2015 one :)

And thanks for the info regarding a potential "history" book about Universal, that's great to hear!

I'm not natespf :wave:

Thanks, your book's also a great read, I have the 2010 and 2012 edition, looking forward to the 2015 one :)

And thanks for the info regarding a potential "history" book about Universal, that's great to hear!

Oops, sorry about that! Fixed.
If you like my Universal book, better get the 2014 edition... :look: