Beetlejuice Revue to Get Updated | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Beetlejuice Revue to Get Updated

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal Orlando is non-union. However, Florida is a right-to-work state and Equity has no rules governing theme parks or dinner shows in the area. A great many Equity actors perform at Universal Orlando, many of whom are Equity cast members at Walt Disney World. Conversely, a great many Universal Orlando actors perform at Walt Disney World whether they choose to become Equity or not. You do not have to take your card to perform in an Equity role at Walt Disney World.

Dozens of actors are employed simultaneously in actor roles at both resorts.

I'm pretty sure they held auditions for Beetlejuice about 6 weeks ago. Seems counterproductive to cast people for a show they would plan on getting rid of.

They're not getting rid of it, just updating it. But I was told by team members the last show in its current form is January 5th. And yeah they were hiring about 6 weeks ago.

They were not auditioning for the Beetlejuice Show. They were auditioning for a new show featuring the universal monsters. It's not an update to the current show but a completely new show and concept! From what I heard some current characters in the show are going away and new classic characters will be featured in the new show!

Maybe Beetlejuice? He is not actually a Universal Monster like the others.

it would be weird for BJ to leave. He is like the main guy in the group.
And, if he leaves, who would take his place? none of the other monsters have the type of wit he has.

maybe we are finally going to get the Creature from the Black Lagoon lol

So than who is leaving?

Last I heard, as show was still being workshopped, Hip & Hop are out. Instead, look for sort of a Monsters High vibe, with a female werewolf and a female mummy. (Why Uni didn't just pony up the cash for Monsters High outright I don't know, can't be that expensive.) FWIW, hearing a lot of the existing roles are being recast with first-time Universal TMs.

Last I heard, as show was still being workshopped, Hip & Hop are out. Instead, look for sort of a Monsters High vibe, with a female werewolf and a female mummy. (Why Uni didn't just pony up the cash for Monsters High outright I don't know, can't be that expensive.) FWIW, hearing a lot of the existing roles are being recast with first-time Universal TMs.

Universal is the studio that makes the Monster High movies so they have some affiliation with them. They even ran some commercials for them in the Despicable Me 2 Blu-Ray. They also make the Barbie movies as well. Trust me, I have 3 little sisters, that's all they watch, hahaha :lol:

Universal is the studio that makes the Monster High movies so they have some affiliation with them. They even ran some commercials for them in the Despicable Me 2 Blu-Ray. They also make the Barbie movies as well. Trust me, I have 3 little sisters, that's all they watch, hahaha :lol:

Monster High huh? How about that for a Kid Zone IP choice??

Seems too girly (they're basically gothic Bratz :lol:) I'd rather SpongeBob or the Minions take over since they both have universal appeal.

Just bring in the actual Classic Monsters!

Yeah, same here lol And I've been wanting a classic monsters attraction forever now. It's only a matter of time with all of these reboots: The Mummy, Van Helsing, Frankenstein, Dracula, and even Beetle Juice 2 is coming! (Which can be involved in a classic monster type attraction).