Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe prep for a bigger refurb later?

The Twister one has me interested..Not sure if we can expect new effects or just updates?

Massive clean up? I'm sure if there were some updates we would have known about it, doubt in 11 days any major upgrades will be added. Plus I dont see Twister getting updated anytime soon

Nay...Twister is a relic. Its one of the few attractions left at Universal that
1. has entirely physical sets/effects
2. uses real fire
3. is non-restrictive and doesnt involve spinning or speed
4. is from the 1990's

Not everything has to be an E-ticket nor should it be. Twister gets people off the street and lets them slow down a little bit--its also a solid special effects show in its own right and rarely has a line. At its worst it serves up some good nostalgia. Id be sad to see it gone.

Last edited:
Twister is one of those attractions that you take first-time visitors at the parks to see, and which makes them instantly impressed by the realism of the effects- newer rides like Transformers just don't have the same effect (no pun intended) on people, in my experience.

I second that motion. All that agree say Ayi!

Ayi! Seriously, I cannot understand any arguments defending this ride. Physical effects? It gets people off the streets? It impresses people more than Transformers? Really? TF combines a litany of 3D and practical effects to create a realistic experience. The fact is that of all the properties we've seen replaced in the park, Twister is by far the more irrelevant. I maintain that the only reason it hasn't been replaced is the antiquated nature of the building.

Ayi! Seriously, I cannot understand any arguments defending this ride. Physical effects? It gets people off the streets? It impresses people more than Transformers?

Doesn't matter if you understand it or not, these things are still true. It is a fact that it's one of the few attractions at the park that relies entirely on physical sets/effects. It does take people off the street and give them an attraction with a low wait time. And if a poster says that the visitors he took liked it more than Transformers, that is their opinion and you can't really argue with a person's opinion now can you?

Not everyone is as fortunate as us to get to go to Universal all the time. And most people don't know half of the things we all do about theme parks. Just because a ride or show is played out to us does not mean that it's time for it to go. Many people walking through those arches are doing so for the first time and are still very impressed by everything Universal has to offer. So just because you have seen something 1000 times and are sick of it doesn't mean it isn't of value to other people. If everything at Universal was an E-ticket attraction, there would be serious issues with crowd flow. Twister is just something to eat people up and spit them back out twenty minutes later, and with that in mind, it does a pretty good job of it. For a simple special effects demonstration, it could be a lot worse.

Ayi! Seriously, I cannot understand any arguments defending this ride. Physical effects? It gets people off the streets? It impresses people more than Transformers? Really? TF combines a litany of 3D and practical effects to create a realistic experience. The fact is that of all the properties we've seen replaced in the park, Twister is by far the more irrelevant. I maintain that the only reason it hasn't been replaced is the antiquated nature of the building.

It is something everyone can do though

Doesn't matter if you understand it or not, these things are still true. It is a fact that it's one of the few attractions at the park that relies entirely on physical sets/effects. It does take people off the street and give them an attraction with a low wait time. And if a poster says that the visitors he took liked it more than Transformers, that is their opinion and you can't really argue with a person's opinion now can you?

Not everyone is as fortunate as us to get to go to Universal all the time. And most people don't know half of the things we all do about theme parks. Just because a ride or show is played out to us does not mean that it's time for it to go. Many people walking through those arches are doing so for the first time and are still very impressed by everything Universal has to offer. So just because you have seen something 1000 times and are sick of it doesn't mean it isn't of value to other people. If everything at Universal was an E-ticket attraction, there would be serious issues with crowd flow. Twister is just something to eat people up and spit them back out twenty minutes later, and with that in mind, it does a pretty good job of it. For a simple special effects demonstration, it could be a lot worse.

Exactly.

As a tourist that only gets to Orlando once or twice a year, I strongly agree with these assumptions. Many of the attractions that we enjoy are slammed as old or boring by many of the local contributors to this site. But to us, they're still fun and entertaining. We love ET & never get tired of ET, like Shrek(especially the pre show) and always enjoy Poseiden, Twister & Disaster. Neither park has ever been a half day park to us since there's so many nuances we spend time with. Probably the only attraction (show) that we don't like is Fear Factor, which seems to be universally (no pun intended) disliked. The park, through the eyes of a tourist, is sometimes much different than a local would see. But technically we are AP holders since it's such a great financial deal.

Reactions: TylerDurden
I think the Twister show is extremely impressive especially when you think it is 15 years old. I only take it in once or twice a visit, but it is one of those shows that is a must do. There are many other areas that would need improvement or replacement than Twister. I can see why if you have seen it 100 times it might get old, but most people going to Uni are not going for there 100th visit. So there really is no reason for Uni to do anything with it right now.

Plus what special effect is cooler than the fire twister???? (yes I know a sharknado)

Reactions: TylerDurden