Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just feel that it should be "stay here because it's a great fun place, and also it's pretty cheap" rather than just "stay here because it's cheap" with the actual offering and product itself not being part of the main incentive to book it.

no, I'd have to agree its a good headline. Price is the driving motivation behind where Cabana Bay's main target audience are going to stay. If price wasnt THE most important part of choosing your hotel, everyone would stay at Portofino. I think that the grabber is great--nothing is cheap or shabby about the picture it goes along with or the name Universal Orlando.

So, how easy is access now by foot/bus? Obviously I won't be parking over there to check it out, but I've walked from the employee parking lot around to the parks, so I know the walk isn't that bad, its just getting to the resort via the sidewalks because the only crosswalk to the plot is at the Turkey Lake Rd. intersection, and I really don't want to try crossing there if I can avoid it. If its busy, I'd expect to not be able to take the bus. Paging Seth! :lol:

I just feel that it should be "stay here because it's a great fun place, and also it's pretty cheap" rather than just "stay here because it's cheap" with the actual offering and product itself not being part of the main incentive to book it.

There's a big difference between the words "cheap" and "affordable". Cheap has a much more negative connotation than the word affordable.

Regardless, the entire point of this hotel being constructed was so that families could more easily stay on property without paying an arm and a leg. I don't know why they wouldn't advertise the affordability of the hotel.

There's a big difference between the words "cheap" and "affordable". Cheap has a much more negative connotation than the word affordable.

Regardless, the entire point of this hotel being constructed was so that families could more easily stay on property without paying an arm and a leg. I don't know why they wouldn't advertise the affordability of the hotel.

Agreed. CBBR is targeting those in the market for an inexpensive hotel room, best to get that point out front to get the foot in the door. Then the quality and amenities make it a no brainier for the price points.

It's very much worth visiting, especially when it comes to the general design and 50s pop feel.

Bright colors and lights give every section the aura it needs. The streamlined and intimate Starbucks is right next door to the bright and colorful "Universal Gift Shop". The Bayliner Diner's wide open spaces and murals contrast the very intimate and cool feeling of the booths and seating areas. It's all done intentionally and with color palettes that will make any graphics major nod and cry. Form and function coexist, and the nighttime lighting is just brilliant.

Can't wait for the expansion to open up! I'm also trying to get a job in any of the venues, so if anyone has a connection... :wave:

I've been reading that guests have been asking about express pass, and how they didn't know it wasn't included...I feel like this is going to be a constant problem for the staff
Two things to that. 1) If you go on the website it tells you that it doesn't get it, not to mention if you call they tell you. 2) The price of this hotel doesn't support giving them express. You don't want it to be cheaper to get a hotel then to buy express in the park (As it is if you pack 4 people into one of the other hotel rooms it's still cheaper then 4 unlimited express passes most days).

no, I'd have to agree its a good headline. Price is the driving motivation behind where Cabana Bay's main target audience are going to stay. If price wasnt THE most important part of choosing your hotel, everyone would stay at Portofino. I think that the grabber is great--nothing is cheap or shabby about the picture it goes along with or the name Universal Orlando.
Exactly. Not to mention they have to get over the hurdle of people thinking "Well it's on site, I can't afford that"

Looks like I may be heading here for 4-5 days in mid-August. :whoo: Worked up the pricing for my family of 5 and my wife was surprised at how affordable it is. Am I correct in assuming that the lazy river and other pool will be open by then? That is one feature we would definitely take advantage of. Also, how quick would you expect the bus loop to be?

I am stoked since I missed out on seeing Springfield the last time I was in Orlando. :homer:

Just booked a last minute trip here for this weekend. Can't wait! June was too far.

Eh. They made it really clear each time I've made a reservation at Cabana Bay. There ARE perks that you should know are not available with your hotel. When I stay at the All-Star, I already know the monorail will not take me to and from my resort.

These resorts expect all of this craziness from guests. People have searched for Cat in the Hat at Epcot and Indiana Jones at Universal. Hell, some even think that their park-hopper entitles them to every park in Orlando! It isn't a big deal at all and will never hurt the prospects of this hotel.

Everything I've seen make me so excited for Cabana Bay! It looks fantastic and it's a great addition to UOR :cheers: Can't wait to stay there for a night or two once the lazy river opens!

Here's a great walk-through video from PopSong1 / iThemePark, which helps to place together everything we've seen in pictures:

[video=youtube;2qYV0mMSzFc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qYV0mMSzFc&list=UUo83OnV1SoOZHPQd1UNMx-g[/video]

does the bowling cost extra. thinking of going may 31 for the huey lewis concert

From @TouringPlans / @skubersky on Twitter:

BkGKTOjCUAESoHN.jpg:large

$15 per person, plus $4 shoe rental. 1-3 People get one hour and 4 to 8 people get one hour and a half :thumbs:

Looks like I may be heading here for 4-5 days in mid-August. :whoo: Worked up the pricing for my family of 5 and my wife was surprised at how affordable it is. Am I correct in assuming that the lazy river and other pool will be open by then? That is one feature we would definitely take advantage of. Also, how quick would you expect the bus loop to be?

It should be open by then. That other half of the resort is slated to open in June :thumbs:

There seem to be quite a few buses, so I'd only expect 10 or 15 minutes at the most between buses.

Reactions: natespf
These resorts expect all of this craziness from guests. People have searched for Cat in the Hat at Epcot and Indiana Jones at Universal. Hell, some even think that their park-hopper entitles them to every park in Orlando! It isn't a big deal at all and will never hurt the prospects of this hotel.
Exactly.

It will be interesting to see how much of it is filled up on the first day. Hopefully Seth will try out the bus experience in the morning and report on the Twit.

The have a fleet of 30-odd busses so there was never much of a wait, constantly cycling. The busses are very comfy too! But I still would rather walk, took 13 min from Margaritaville to gate at Hollywood & Turkey Lake.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI, the 600 rooms currently open were at 99% capacity last night, but the pool and diner didn't feel too busy. Wait until the rest of the rooms open! ;-)

Reactions: Brian G.