Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos

Looks like they will use similar tech as fantasmic. Should be pretty cool. The additions they are making are going to make AK closer to a full day park.

Looks like they will use similar tech as fantasmic. Should be pretty cool. The additions they are making are going to make AK closer to a full day park.
Fantasmic and world of color it looks like, they also said they are having special animal kingdom nights on specific days. Now it'll literally be a full day park!!! Woo hoo go AK. Also hell yeah trader joes!!!

Last edited:
^^^Yeah, "Harambe Nights". It's an upcharge event though, so I wouldn't say that makes the park a full day park. Although the event does look nice. Sort of taking the concept of Candlelight Processional and using it here with the Celebrity Narrators.

Yup Harambe Nights is a hard ticket event, I heard its around $119. Seems kinda odd that it costs more for it than a full day ticket to AK.

You are correct, it is $119. This includes a show, food, and select alcoholic drinks. However no rides will be open for this event.

You are correct, it is $119. This includes a show, food, and select alcoholic drinks. However no rides will be open for this event.
Whaaa?!?? That's nice, but for $119 dollars with no rides? I don't know if I'd pay for that, I thought it was included with a normal ticket to AK, is the $119 for a full day including hababa nights or just for hababa nights? I'm confused

Whaaa?!?? That's nice, but for $119 dollars with no rides? I don't know if I'd pay for that, I thought it was included with a normal ticket to AK, is the $119 for a full day including hababa nights or just for hababa nights? I'm confused

I read the fine print and if you want to get in before the event starts you have to pay for an additional day ticket to AK. So this ticket is ONLY for the event and will get you nothing else.

Honestly it sounds like an awesome event and I would love to go, but that is just too high of a price per person. Now if you are the type of person that likes to drink a lot it might be more worth it since you get free select alcohol. But I would have one maybe two at the most drinks. I also would love to take my daughter she would have a blast, but $80 for a child who will eat only a small plate of food, that is also a little high. But if you think about it, the theater is not large and all seats are going to be good seats. So you would pay a lot for a concert without food in the real world. So I can see where they came up with that price point.

WHO CARES.

TRADER SAM'S IS COMING TO WDW.

:happy:

I know this isn't the right thread, but Tikiman said, on his website, Trader Sam's in Polynesian will be family friendly, not the same as Disneyland's version. Take that for what you will.

I would gladly pay that much for Food and Wine or Flower and Garden heck probably even just for a special event to walk around World Showcase with their normal stuff. I was underwhelmed with the food and beers at AK. It definitely sounds pretty cool, but I really have a hard time believing this is something more impressive than Candlelight which is included with ticket.

To me it is just coming across as another way to milk every customer that they can remotely even get a chance at.

I read the fine print and if you want to get in before the event starts you have to pay for an additional day ticket to AK. So this ticket is ONLY for the event and will get you nothing else.

Honestly it sounds like an awesome event and I would love to go, but that is just too high of a price per person. Now if you are the type of person that likes to drink a lot it might be more worth it since you get free select alcohol. But I would have one maybe two at the most drinks. I also would love to take my daughter she would have a blast, but $80 for a child who will eat only a small plate of food, that is also a little high. But if you think about it, the theater is not large and all seats are going to be good seats. So you would pay a lot for a concert without food in the real world. So I can see where they came up with that price point.

I see where the price comes from, kinda like a private work party at Disney, but I'll skip out on this because I don't have that kind of money to spend. It looks like fun though and it sounds like a good show. Will the nighttime lagoon spectacular also be a part of this or will it be for any and every guest to enjoy?

Sounds enjoyable... will they use the Lion King theater for the speakers? I would enjoy an evening of atmosphere and food in Harambe.
Yes, the show portion will be in the new LK Theater:

Harambe-Nights_Full_20992.jpg;width=640

More info here: http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/hara...announced-with-reservations-now-available.htm

"We can't wait to share Pandora with our guests."

Apparently, you can. :lol: