Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 249 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: After looking a little closer, I would say the white object IS for the big flame, and the small hose and nozzle at the bottom of the picture are a pilot light/ignition source through which the large nozzle will blast propane.

I concur. That is indeed what it appears to be. Problem is, I can't seem to make all of that steel fit the concept art. The black steel would shoot through the dome I would think.

dragon.jpg

I concur. That is indeed what it appears to be. Problem is, I can't seem to make all of that steel fit the concept art. The black steel would shoot through the dome I would think.

dragon.jpg

Hmmm. With the way the dragon's head appears to hang down so far below the top of the dome, the black steel could be completely inside the dome.

If you look from a different angle, the black steel doesn't stick up nearly as far in relation to the horizontal part as it appears in that image.

From WESH:
B74E287AD7C6425C9478B9DAB7569B26-jpg.jpg

the way this dragon is being constructed makes no sense to me. Anyone with a degree of animatronics knowledge (if indeed it is) care to explain? The two black metal towers look way too big to fit inside a dragon as i can imagine it :shrug:

Also, its interesting to compare the ride vehicles in today's gringotts load concept with the 3d rendering 'leaked' a few years back. The ones from today look much more industrial and less ornate, and i wonder if this is closer to the final design given the image has been released as part of a proper marketing push this close to opening.

Edit - for those who haven't seen / can't recall

potter-usf-car-front.jpg

potter-usf-car-rear.jpg

tpi

harry-potter-and-the-escape-from-gringotts-rendering-1170x731.jpg

:-x:-X

I think the concept art where his wings are up and to his body will be like what we'll get in the end. The neck and head are there, and are supported using the wires coming from the black supports. I see this as a very good, sturdy way of building the figure outdoors.

The horizontal part seems to stick out an awfully long way from the dome... Maybe it will look more reasonable when the proportions of the body can be seen. I can't picture how it will work without there being a massive section of the horizontal beam being visible coming out of the dragon's head and into the bottom of the dome?

Last edited:
Hmmm. With the way the dragon's head appears to hang down so far below the top of the dome, the black steel could be completely inside the dome.

If you look from a different angle, the black steel doesn't stick up nearly as far in relation to the horizontal part as it appears in that image.

Thanks for finding that picture!. The final cylinder before the dome, the part with the small window... is far taller than the cylinder in the aerial. So.... oh never mind... I cannot figure out what the $#@! they're doing. It's all mirrors and trick wires at this point.

Thanks for finding that picture!. The final cylinder before the dome, the part with the small window... is far taller than the cylinder in the aerial. So.... oh never mind... I cannot figure out what the $#@! they're doing. It's all mirrors and trick wires at this point.

Haha! In my last post, I started to try to address the exact same thing about the cylindrical stone portion with the small window directly below the dome, but I couldn't figure out how to convey what I was picturing, so I deleted it. :lol: Oh well, we should know for sure soon enough.

I went ahead and adjusted the picture to see it a little more clearly. Comparing the vehicle in the concept art to the picture of the RV being loaded into the building from a while back, I believe the design in the new concept art is what we will be seeing.

As far as the dragon and the dome, it is still very unclear how it will all be incorporated. I could see it working if they made the dome look smashed and destroyed with the dragon emerging form within. Maybe then the black structure could fit nicely.

Also what if they are just testing the pyro with a temporary set up similar to the final parameters to make sure it works safely? I would think the figure would be built with the internal components included and then mounted as one piece.

Last edited:
I will add something that I do know yet haven't shared previously. Back Stages Technologies (BST) of Winter Garden IS doing "a" ride dragon but has no involvement with the roof top monster. The "a" may not mean anything other than a vendor not knowing the rest of the show and if other dragons in unknown scenes were awarded to others.

I have never known who created buckbeak in IOA, but I would suggest they might be a possibility for exterior solutions, such as this dragon.
Has buckbeak ever broken, his eyes not blinked, his head not nodded?

OHHH OKAY!!
I have been away doing college stuff. (FINALLY DONE 4.0 Status WOO!!!)
Now i can catch up and OMFG!!!
SO much as gone on ... I Am SO EXCITED!!! :thumbs: :happy: :died:

I went ahead and adjusted the picture to see it a little more clearly. Comparing the vehicle in the concept art to the picture of the RV being loaded into the building from a while back, I believe the design in the new concept art is what we will be seeing.

As far as the dragon and the dome, it is still very unclear how it will all be incorporated. I could see it working if they made the dome look smashed and destroyed with the dragon emerging form within. Maybe then the black structure could fit nicely.

Also what if they are just testing the pyro with a temporary set up similar to the final parameters to make sure it works safely? I would think the figure would be built with the internal components included and then mounted as one piece.

I really really like the look of that RV in the concept art...

I will add something that I do know yet haven't shared previously. Back Stages Technologies (BST) of Winter Garden IS doing "a" ride dragon but has no involvement with the roof top monster. The "a" may not mean anything other than a vendor not knowing the rest of the show and if other dragons in unknown scenes were awarded to others.

I have never known who created buckbeak in IOA, but I would suggest they might be a possibility for exterior solutions, such as this dragon.
Has buckbeak ever broken, his eyes not blinked, his head not nodded?

Wait, Teebin, sorry if I'm not reading this right but by "a dragon" do you mean a physical AA one?

LOL... that concept art...there are silly things wrong with it... load tunnel with lovely circular stonework that surrounds the stalactites perfectly. Were they supposed to be light grids that have since developed a stalactite problem? Perhaps. God forbid they use a magic torch or wand spell, "lumos reeleebryticus".

Someone feel free to slap me and tell me I'm wrong, but I've been having more and more concerns that this will be much more Mummy (underwhelming) than FJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.