Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 270 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pronounced "Less-ter" :)

I was in London yesterday... seeing Eros and Leicester Square Station got me all excited for my trip to Florida in November!

So there's going to be a kiosk to go and get a ticket to get into the area? And those pictures! Disney's Boardwalk eat your heart out, haha. One thing I have to clear up though: how does one pronounce Leicester? Is it Ly-chester, or Ly-ster, or Ly-kester, or even Lay-chester, Lay-ster, or Lay-kester. Or is the first syllable pronounced Lee? Lol.

It is pronounced 'Lester'. (I am from London :wave:)

Great job on all of the pics, updates and info everyone. My partner and I read the forum to each other every night. Ok... probably shouldn't have mentioned that... Teebin has gained a level of affectionate notoriety around these parts!

BTW, we visited the WB Studio tour yesterday and the Diagon sets seemed very small - preclusively so, to theme park operations. Thankfully it looks a fair bit larger in USF. Can't wait!

I am not from London, but I did want to be the 4th person in a row to say Lester :pound:

Great job on all of the pics, updates and info everyone. My partner and I read the forum to each other every night. Ok... probably shouldn't have mentioned that... Teebin has gained a level of affectionate notoriety around these parts!

BTW, we visited the WB Studio tour yesterday and the Diagon sets seemed very small - preclusively so, to theme park operations. Thankfully it looks a fair bit larger in USF. Can't wait!
We went a few months back, you have to remember that the building the tour is in, was made for the tour and not actually used for filming as it is set up for the tour only. One of the Guides there was telling us that to get shots they were able to move the shop fronts around to make space.

I love some of the mispronunciations from some Americans, my boss at work has learnt so much, she's from Cali.

From buddy @AmusementBuzz

Bn7fq0tIYAE5xjn.jpg

Small women or large lion heads? YOU DECIDE!

so, are they using the one on the left as a reference or what? I'm confused.

God forbid they serve anything with Worcestershire sauce nearby. :lol:

:rep:

The lions are looking great. What must it be, about three years we've been waiting for those? I can't even remember any more when it was that they finished the wall.

Glad you guys liked the night pics! I can't wait to capture the area in a better way because those pics don't do it justice!

I love the red interior of Wyndham's Theatre! So sexy!

Great to see lurkers coming out to post! (This coming from a former lurker) :cheers: I'm loving all this excitement and anticipation!

I'd love to visit the WB Studio Tour some day! The theme parks are of course amazing, but as a huge Potter fan and behind-the-scenes geek, being there in the studio would be pretty special! And the same with King's Cross and its HP shop! Hopefully we will be able to buy the souvenir Hogwarts Express tickets here in Orlando, too! That's one souvenir I'd love to have!

Phew, I am glad that Gilmore read my message and got a team on painting the lions stat. I worried that once again, he would allow the detailed theming to fall by the wayside, which has been his manner. :lol:

Great, so every single one of my guesses on the pronunciation was wrong, and I thought I had covered all the bases, lol. Yes, you're going to hear a lot of mistakes on that one, especially from us locals here in Florida. And it's War-chester-shyer correct? Just kidding, just kidding!

Great, so every single one of my guesses on the pronunciation was wrong, and I thought I had covered all the bases, lol. Yes, you're going to hear a lot of mistakes on that one, especially from us locals here in Florida. And it's War-chester-shyer correct? Just kidding, just kidding!

lol "wuster-sure"

Status
Not open for further replies.