Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 272 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^Ah I see the ATM was already pointed out. Guess I missed it in all the discussion of Worcestershire :shrug:

:lol: No problem :thumbs:

BTW, in other news, according to @jtamagni1976:

"There is an animatronic in one of the windows of Sirius Black's place. ;)"

"It happens about every three minutes if I timed it correctly. Third window down..if you're looking straight on it is on the right."

"The animatronic is in the window I circled :p"

Bn9qUZlIEAEiNO5.jpg:large

If Jack saw correctly and there is an animatronic, I'm gonna guess this is Kreacher, the Black family's house elf. Hopefully someone will capture a pic! It sounds very neat to have the house elf peeking out the window every once in a while!

That left globe on front of Kings Cross under the windows bothers me. I feel like it should be on the pillar to the right just like the other 3.

Thanks, it's bothering me too now! They messed up. Why would they install a ground light so it can shine on the light fixture. The globe should have been to the right.

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing that out. Now it's really going to bother me as well.

That really is supremely annoying! :lol: Also seems completely pointless; there's a footlight on the ground directly under it anyway.

BTW, in other news, according to @jtamagni1976:

"There is an animatronic in one of the windows of Sirius Black's place. ;)"

"It happens about every three minutes if I timed it correctly. Third window down..if you're looking straight on it is on the right."

If Jack saw correctly and there is an animatronic, I'm gonna guess this is Kreacher, the Black family's house elf. Hopefully someone will capture a pic! It sounds very neat to have the house elf peeking out the window every once in a while!

That's really cool! I remember this was vaguely alluded to a while ago; glad to see it's made it into the final cut.

That left globe on front of Kings Cross under the windows bothers me. I feel like it should be on the pillar to the right just like the other 3.

Geeez... I wish you hadn't pointed this out... cause now I am having a cow. Looking more closely, why isn't the ground light on the right centered under the arch instead of off to the side. While I never want/expect symmetry in design, I do expect logical balance.

Let me call AG and push him to fix the oversight.

Yeahhhh, that light is killing me too. Also, because I don't feel like going back and trying to find the answer did we decided what Screed is? The original book shop that sold Potter? And if thats the case then do we think the little window above it with the desk lamp and stack of books is supposed to represent the little flat JK wrote the series in? I have a great story of a friend whom I work for and how he lived just under JK while she was writing the books, she kept him awake in his odd work hours with the sounds of typing and crying children... :)

That's fantastic, I love how he's pulling the curtain back and everything! Should look brilliant in the flesh.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/...ld-of-harry-potters-game?main_twitter=&page=1

Nice interview here with Alan Gilmore, particularly interested in this paragraph:

IGN: Besides the Gringotts ride, is there anything you're particularly excited about when Diagon Alley opens?

Gilmore: Well, when we opened the first Harry Potter, just standing at the entrance arch and watching people walk in, that raw emotion they were experiencing was quite beautiful to see. I want to be at the entrance to this park as well, because I think the same thing's going to happen, but in an even more intense fashion. I think people are going to be blown away by Diagon Alley. It's actually a secret at the moment. Nobody has really seen it at all, and we've designed it so that it's been completely hidden. So I really want to see those first few guests come in, because I think that will be a taste of what the future will unfold into. I'm absolutely in love with this project.

Thanks for those close-ups of the benches, Quint! :thumbs:

I can't wait to get a closer look at Kreacher! And for the love of Potter, someone get a pic of the dragon wings!

:happy:

I did see a new ad on TV this morning with the girl dreaming of WWOHP? In it, when they showed the dragon atop of Gringotts, it did look like a statue but was breathing fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.