Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 295 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's incredible to me how this website's members like to make fun of the Disney boards when it comes to the fanboyism, but are so quick to do the same for Universal. It's obvious that some of you want to turn a blind eye at the facts and focus more on making asinine remarks at members with unbiased opinions. News flash, you're no different. My guarantee to you is that you'll hear more about this once the expansion opens to the general public. Whether you choose to ignore it is your decision as a fan, and I apologize for bringing a dose of reality to this forum. How dare I remark on an area that likely many will spend upwards of an hour standing in.

Reactions: DragonSlayer
Just saw the outdoor queue pic and wow. If they leave it like that I would be disappointed. Many here say "regular" guests dont see these things. If the outdoor queue is left like this, a blind person would notice the show buildings and maybe those outdoor stairs.

If they age the outside of the building then it should be okay.

Hope you start outside then make your way inside.

Last edited:
This is my final 2 cents on the extended queue for the attraction. I can not think of one extended queue at Universal that is open or does not have some sort of shading. We live in Florida and do not think Universal wants us to cook alive before riding the attraction. They can not make money if we all cook alive. :happy:

It's incredible to me how this website's members like to make fun of the Disney boards when it comes to the fanboyism, but are so quick to do the same for Universal. It's obvious that some of you want to turn a blind eye at the facts and focus more on making asinine remarks at members with unbiased opinions. News flash, you're no different. My guarantee to you is that you'll hear more about this once the expansion opens to the general public. Whether you choose to ignore it is your decision as a fan, and I apologize for bringing a dose of reality to this forum. How dare I remark on an area that likely many will spend upwards of an hour standing in.

I guess we're just going to keep this going. Your making a sweeping statement about being fan boys. I know Universal doesn't things wrong, I just don't think this is one of them. If Disney did the same thing I wouldn't have an issue with it for the same reasons. I imagine others who don't have the issue are in the same boat.

I can't speak for everyone but I'm not turning a blind eye to it. I just happen to know that on the ground level the TM side of things are well hidden, all you'll be able to see is the show building. And I'd rather they spend that money elsewhere then try to hide the building. Half of this queue is under an overhang, the other half is outside. I know it's not the way Disney builds things, but they also aren't spending on expansions like Universal is. I would rather have more expansion with small cuts like this.

Just saw the outdoor queue pic and wow. If they leave it like that I would be disappointed. Many here say "regular" guests dont see these things. If the outdoor queue is left like this, a blind person would notice the show buildings and maybe those outdoor stairs.

If they age the outside of the building then it should be okay.

Hope you start outside then make your way inside.

I know every few months we go into this FJ show building argument but it's the perfect example. Litterly the only place I've heard that complaint is on theme park fan sites. Not HP fan sites, not from guests in the park, just theme park fan sites. They're in the queue, they're exited to be there, they're with their friends or family (usually playing on cell phones). They really don't care that there is a building.

This is my final 2 cents on the extended queue for the attraction. I can not think of one extended queue at Universal that is open or does not have some sort of shading. We live in Florida and do not think Universal wants us to cook alive before riding the attraction. They can not make money if we all cook alive. :happy:
Your right about the cooking thing. But if we're talking about extended queues, the second half of MIB, The second Half of Spider-Man, the second half of Hulk and Transformers extended queue's are all outside and not shaded.

I'm really sorry for putting the pic and starting us down this rabbit hole. My main gripe is how they will explain going outside between bank lobby and the vaults. At least for FJ its the greenhouse. I understand the practicality and realities of the extended queue, but unless you get port-keyed to some back lot locale it seems like a jarring transition.

I guess we're just going to keep this going. Your making a sweeping statement about being fan boys. I know Universal doesn't things wrong, I just don't think this is one of them. If Disney did the same thing I wouldn't have an issue with it for the same reasons. I imagine others who don't have the issue are in the same boat.

I can't speak for everyone but I'm not turning a blind eye to it. I just happen to know that on the ground level the TM side of things are well hidden, all you'll be able to see is the show building. And I'd rather they spend that money elsewhere then try to hide the building. Half of this queue is under an overhang, the other half is outside. I know it's not the way Disney builds things, but they also aren't spending on expansions like Universal is. I would rather have more expansion with small cuts like this.

I know every few months we go into this FJ show building argument but it's the perfect example. Litterly the only place I've heard that complaint is on theme park fan sites. Not HP fan sites, not from guests in the park, just theme park fan sites. They're in the queue, they're exited to be there, they're with their friends or family (usually playing on cell phones). They really don't care that there is a building.

Your right about the cooking thing. But if we're talking about extended queues, the second half of MIB, The second Half of Spider-Man, the second half of Hulk and Transformers extended queue's are all outside and not shaded.

transformers.png

meninblack.png

You are correct about spider man. The rest of the queues are covered. If they do not cover it up they would be smart to sell sun screen in the line :stunned:

Seriously, I don't care about the line. Whats the point of caring bout how the queue looks? That's money they could spend on ride technology, you know the thing you are actually waiting in line to go. Just my two cents.

Seriously, I don't care about the line. Whats the point of caring bout how the queue looks? That's money they could spend on ride technology, you know the thing you are actually waiting in line to go. Just my two cents.

I get you but the queue explains/intensifies the rides story. Also, who wants to wait switchback maze.

Oh look at me I'm in a theme park because I went from San Fransisco and now I'm London in a few steps. Walking trough London going into Diagon I'm shockend how much Americans are visiting. For some silly reason they all want to open an account at the bank. O dear now I'm forced into an overflow line and I finaly remember again I'm in a theme park, maybe even in bloody Six Flags, I'm so confused, my little dumb brain can't cope. Sure everything I have seen is done to a rediculas low standard.

Oh look at me I'm in a theme park because I went from San Fransisco and now I'm London in a few steps. Walking trough London going into Diagon I'm shockend how much Americans are visiting. For some silly reason they all want to open an account at the bank. O dear now I'm forced into an overflow line and I finaly remember again I'm in a theme park, maybe even in bloody Six Flags, I'm so confused, my little dumb brain can't cope. Sure everything I have seen is done to a rediculas low standard.

You can't even spell out words right. Lastly, your talking like a 4 year old but your 40. No need for sarcasm. I'm glad you barely post on here.

Last edited:
I noticed it from the heli vid and thought f**k hope don't get stuck in that. Didn't expect to come on this morning and last 4 to 5 pages discussing just the overflow!

My only gripe regarding this silly outdoor queue is that only half of it is covered. I do believe, however, they could have done more (like theme the fans) but it's really not the end of the world.

And again, none of the attractions you've named come close to the level of detail of Diagon Alley and Gringotts. The fact that you've used those for reference shows that quality just doesn't matter because it's what Universal has done in the past. Universal is a very different place now than it was back then. And in regards to your rebuttal about my example... You don't think that Universal has the in-house resources to come up with a viable solution for a cheaper price? Or are you just arguing for the sake of proving your point? The people you're chatting with on this forum are a lot more educated than you like to give credit for. Either make a valid and well thought out point or stop with your spiel. Nobody is asking Universal to create an air conditioned room of marble and gold, we just want something a little more thematically practical and more importantly... Comfortable.

Just remember this diehard Universal fanboys, it's lackluster efforts like this that dilute all that fabulous detail that everybody is excited for.

No it won't. Go back to your beautiful Disney trash cans and restrooms. I hear that they are installing new Avatar trash cans in Animal Kingdom in a couple of years!:thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

I don't blame Disney fans for being obsessed with extended queues.......it's where they spend most of their time when they are at Disney parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.