Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Guys... :focus:

How about that video released today?! Shows some new looks and scenes from Gringotts :happy:

[video=youtube;eEWmGL4txcI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEWmGL4txcI[/video]

It looks like there won't be themed 3D goggles, at least from what the video shows.

Screen caps:

In that pic we can see what I said before, those are goblins with wands.. This is just bad bad bad.

They have something, but they're not necessarily wands. I think it's conceivable that the goblins could have some sort of device that shoots sparks that they use to control the dragon.

I just don't see such an obvious violation of the fiction as goblins with wands slipping through the layers of approval, so I'm assuming there's a canon-compliant explanation.

Where are you seeing goblins with wands? Are you sure you're not looking at their pointy fingers?

They have something, but they're not necessarily wands. I think it's conceivable that the goblins could have some sort of device that shoots sparks that they use to control the dragon.

I just don't see such an obvious violation of the fiction as goblins with wands slipping through the layers of approval, so I'm assuming there's a canon-compliant explanation.

Goblins only use noise makers on the dragon

I believe Aberforth was referring to the picture with Bill Weasley and the dragon in which the goblins are firing spells/sparks at the dragon, not the one with the single goblin in front of the row of doors.

jrEAZV8LndaAK.png

I see a few ways this could fit the fiction:
1. They may have some previously unmentioned devices that fire sparks or stinging jinxes or whatever.

2. If the guards are down for the count, they could have grabbed up their wands, though I'm not sure they would be able to use them right away
like that. The books suggest it's not impossible for goblins to use wands, it's just outlawed.

3. Goblins do possess their own type of wandless magic, but it's not described in any real detail. I don't know if it would give them the ability to fire
spells directly out of their bare hands, but it's possible.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Goblin_magic

Last edited:
I believe Aberforth was referring to the picture with Bill Weasley and the dragon in which the goblins are firing spells/sparks at the dragon, not the one with the single goblin in front of the row of doors.

jrEAZV8LndaAK.png

I see a few ways this could fit the fiction:
1. They may have some previously unmentioned devices that fire sparks or stinging jinxes or whatever.

2. If the guards are down for the count, they could have grabbed up their wands, though I'm not sure they would be able to use them right away
like that. The books suggest it's not impossible for goblins to use wands, it's just outlawed.

3. Goblins do possess their own type of wandless magic, but it's not described in any real detail. I don't know if it would give them the ability to fire
spells directly out of their bare hands, but it's possible.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Goblin_magic

THANKS my bad

Yeah, I would think that themed glasses are almost a must. Normally, I don't think it's a big deal, but since they are going to such lengths to keep everything authentic, this is a special case. Plus, the standard glasses design can arguably fit in with the theming of Spider-Man, Transformers, and Despicable Me, but it would really stand out in Gringotts.

EDIT: I also hope that a new design might have a wider field of view. I always feel a bit limited by the standard ones (which may be the intention). With the emphasis on the 360-degree experience, I would hope for something closer to the large lens glasses you get at an IMAX theater.

Last edited: