Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 326 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My word, you are a lofty educated one, aren't you.

I've never really had a head for math or science, but Hawking has always been someone I admired.

A Brief History of Time is the only 'non-fiction' science book I've read straight through. I was was bouncing in my theater seat when I saw that Alfonzo Cuaron had slipped it into The Prisoner of Azkaban.
ABriefHistory_zps875a1959.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I've never really had a head for math or science, but Hawking has always been someone I admired.

A Brief History of Time is the only 'non-fiction' science book I've read straight through. I was was bouncing in my theater seat when I saw that Alfonzo Cuaron had slipped it into The Prisoner of Azkaban.
ABriefHistory_zps875a1959.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You know, I always thought it was just for the sake of having an ironic muggle book in there - To have him reading that particular book in PoA...

Now it just dawned on me- it's not that ironic to read a muggle book when a muggle book shop is RIGHT NEXT DOOR. Very clever attention to detail....

You know, I always thought it was just for the sake of having an ironic muggle book in there - To have him reading that particular book in PoA...

Now it just dawned on me- it's not that ironic to read a muggle book when a muggle book shop is RIGHT NEXT DOOR. Very clever attention to detail....

Actually it's more two things: Cuaron has gone on record saying he wanted to merge the two worlds (non-muggle and muggle) in the film, thus you have this book and the fact that all the kids wear jeans and regular clothes, using the wand to stop the car alarm, etc. But the real beauty of using this book is that it's foreshadowing the time travel elements that appear in the third act.

Also. Note that we can exchange our money for "Gringotts NOTES", so that means it's a bank note and not the coins from the series.

I've never noticed that before. Must watch PoA again, its been ages.

A re-watch of Deathly Hallows PtII will also be obligatory before going on Gringotts, haha.

I just heard about the way the interactive wands work and it sounds really clever. If you buy one and you stand on one of the spots in DA, yo'll have to wave it a certain way to get the spell to work. It sounds like the brass markers in the pavement will have a picture showing the proper wand motion to make the action happen. The examples I was given were a "w" motion activated one, a "4" motion activated another. It sounds like they've taken the idea of Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom to the next level with it doing more than just activating a TV screen, and figured out how to monetize it.

Can't wait to see & try it...

Forbidden Journey does seem to oddly jump from scene to scene just to get as many different references from the movie in as they could. Almost like they didn't know if they'd get to build another Harry Potter ride or area of the park, so they wanted to get in as much as possible in that one ride, but at the expense of a smoother flowing plot line.

Well the Phelps twins are indeed at UOR, taking over their instagram.

10441089_10152179708427852_2566922339188812722_n.jpg

Looks like they're in Hogsmeade.

Last edited:
Bonnie always seems to act more like Ginny when she's off screen...

Have they begun to put any props or carts in the street yet?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.