The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 907 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
DC itself is pretty much two attractions, there is no need to add two more with that land. Especially when one of them is a damn restaurant.

DC itself is pretty much two attractions, there is no need to add two more with that land. Especially when one of them is a damn restaurant.
I know technically it's two different coasters, but the track is virtually the same. I don't notice any difference no matter which side I ride so that argument is invalid in my eyes.

I think a lot of my ambivalence about DC could be solved by a) enclosing the lift hills and final brake runs, adding some audio/video effects, b) theming the track supports and reprinting the track, c) re-landscaping the ground under the track and adding some scenic elements.

Precisely! Enclosed castle-themed lift hills, LEDs on the trains, one major mountain with fog and dragon sounds, mist throughout the lake, a scenic village to fly through, maybe a Whomping Willow swings at you before the brakerun, supports and track themed to trees (green and brown track), actual dueling again, and keep the ride hidden from the outside.

If Universal isn't willing to do so, then I'd say use it for Phase 3. You can't have a massive pair of off-the-shelf coasters when people use that as a defense for Disney. I loved Dueling Dragons as a kid, but even I wondered why the ride itself has no theming. Imagine how fun the ride would be if there was a village to fly over, a mountain/cave to dive in followed by a near-collision with the other track, fire and water effects and LEDs on the ride trains, fog/mist throughout, lots of trees surrounding the area... DC would be the most beautiful-looking coaster in all of USO. Dragon Challenge has potential, along with Dudley. You can just tell both were left half-finished (Dudley only has a complete facade, Dragon Challenge only has a complete queue)

lol "off-the-shelf" If you don't like the coasters, thats fine, but don't be ignorant in your arguments.

How? Six Flags, Busch or Cedar Point could easily be home to the ride if you took away the queue. The ride itself probably didn't cost much at all. It's not ignorant to call an unthemed coaster "off the shelf". Next to Big Thunder, Space and Splash, this definitely is "off-the-shelf". If they're going to use that much space, add a mountain, some caves, lots of trees, enclosed lift hill, a miniature village to fly over, bring back the dueling.

Some lavish theming would make up for the lack of a unique hook (just because there's 2, it's world class? Dueling is what made the ride stand out). Make everyone remove their shoes and stuff from their pockets before boarding the ride (TMs will search guests for objects and hold them until they exit the ride). Bring back the dueling, and add those elements. You've got a coaster that surpasses all Disney coasters in theme and thrill (already does in the second department :lol:)

Photo credit: Touring Plans

BpscYLqIgAApBVj.jpg:large

BpscYMjIQAAbLQY.jpg:large

BpscYOoIYAAX45V.jpg:large

BpscYXBIgAA5mbU.jpg:large

Precisely! Enclosed castle-themed lift hills, LEDs on the trains, one major mountain with fog and dragon sounds, mist throughout the lake, a scenic village to fly through, maybe a Whomping Willow swings at you before the brakerun, supports and track themed to trees (green and brown track), actual dueling again, and keep the ride hidden from the outside.

If Universal isn't willing to do so, then I'd say use it for Phase 3. You can't have a massive pair of off-the-shelf coasters when people use that as a defense for Disney. I loved Dueling Dragons as a kid, but even I wondered why the ride itself has no theming. Imagine how fun the ride would be if there was a village to fly over, a mountain/cave to dive in followed by a near-collision with the other track, fire and water effects and LEDs on the ride trains, fog/mist throughout, lots of trees surrounding the area... DC would be the most beautiful-looking coaster in all of USO. Dragon Challenge has potential, along with Dudley. You can just tell both were left half-finished (Dudley only has a complete facade, Dragon Challenge only has a complete queue)

As cool as that sounds, I honestly don't see Uni doing it. They really can't benefit from it because hundreds if not thousands of guests have already been on DC, a retheme won't be a big draw for guests. It would be the equivalent to Uni adding more towers to Hogwarts or more rockwork to hide the show building: it's just not going to happen. Why? Because it doesn't stop guests from visiting the parks. They would want to put the money into something new that could potentially bring in more people

DC is not going anywhere, it's a popular ride and it's a high capacity machine which is absolutely huge for the park. Especially considering FJ is next door. Areas at IOA like Seuss, LC, TL and even JP will see some love before Universal talks about taking down DC to put in a restaurant or some Quidditch ride.

How? Six Flags, Busch or Cedar Point could easily be home to the ride if you took away the queue. The ride itself probably didn't cost much at all. It's not ignorant to call an unthemed coaster "off the shelf". Next to Big Thunder, Space and Splash, this definitely is "off-the-shelf". If they're going to use that much space, add a mountain, some caves, lots of trees, enclosed lift hill, a miniature village to fly over, bring back the dueling.

Some lavish theming would make up for the lack of a unique hook (just because there's 2, it's world class? Dueling is what made the ride stand out). Make everyone remove their shoes and stuff from their pockets before boarding the ride (TMs will search guests for objects and hold them until they exit the ride). Bring back the dueling, and add those elements. You've got a coaster that surpasses all Disney coasters in theme and thrill (already does in the second department :lol:)

Off-the-shelf means a clone, basically. Batman the Ride, Boomerang, Wild Mouse, El Loco...THOSE are off-the-shelf coasters in that theyre just plopped down like factory replicas. DC has two completely original layouts...you should learn what phrases mean before throwing them around so liberally.

- - - Updated - - -

And you guys are still talking about Dragon Challenge... :bang:

Who cares? Nothing else is going on on the IOA side in terms of development. Youve done this backseat moderating thing on other threads too. Itd a discussion board for theme parks, people are discussing theme parks. Your posts like these contribute less than posts about aspects of the park, like the roller coaster ones are.

Off-the-shelf means a clone, basically. Batman the Ride, Boomerang, Wild Mouse, El Loco...THOSE are off-the-shelf coasters in that theyre just plopped down like factory replicas. DC has two completely original layouts...you should learn what phrases mean before throwing them around so liberally.

Still doesn't change the fact that they're naked steel coasters with no semblance of theme.