Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 401 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Him being down here was just about bringing some attention and hype to the parks. I wish the opening could've lined up with this week, but I'd rather everything be as close to 100% as possible for the official opening. We don't need Gringotts breaking down with the long opening day lines.

On another note... what is happening in Diagon this evening? (I know there are people going through, but who are they (short of the few people I am friends with)? Is there a title for this evening?

Duh... found out the answer to my question. Last night was Universal Creative's private party in Diagon. That must have been a quiet event as many asses are dragging these days.

Couple Questions for you guys:

1) Is the Leaky Cauldron bigger than 3B overall? It looks large. I wish there was a guest-accessible upper level but I think what you can see up there is just for show.

2) Will Ollivander's be a more intimate experience now that they have more show rooms? Will everyone get to pick out a wand with Ollivander himself? It would be cool if they upgraded the show to include the interactive wands instead of relying on timed effects.

Couple Questions for you guys:

1) Is the Leaky Cauldron bigger than 3B overall? It looks large. I wish there was a guest-accessible upper level but I think what you can see up there is just for show.

2) Will Ollivander's be a more intimate experience now that they have more show rooms? Will everyone get to pick out a wand with Ollivander himself? It would be cool if they upgraded the show to include the interactive wands instead of relying on timed effects.

Yes, it's simply massive. Lots of room for people to walk around and sit. It's pretty impressive.

We weren't shown the Olivanders show rooms but the main store room has a lot more space than the old one, serious room to breathe and the upstairs area while off limits is really cool to look at.

Last edited:
Universal's new Harry Potter park: 1 ride, 7 shops

This is yahoo's new story on their page...

:shrug:

Horrible article

Yeah, whenever somebody phrases it like that, it insinuates that Universal is just trying to be greedy and empty our wallets. Of course there's some truth to that, as all theme parks exist to make money (they don't build free attractions just for our pleasure). But I think there's some honestly in the fact that JK's stories existed long before this attraction, and this is true to her vision. On the flip side, the next several Avatar movies are going to be made with the theme park in mind, so they will be introducing all sorts of foods, drinks, etc purely because they want to sell it in the end. Not saying it's wrong, but I don't think either Universal or Disney should be criticized for creating money-making attractions.

Plus, I would rather them spend millions of dollars on one phenomenal attraction than have to split that cost over multiple lesser attractions. I don't think we need another themed spinner just to say there's another ride in the park! If they do add on to Potter from here on out, I hope they do another BIG attraction with a bit of additional themed area around it. And not just add a spinner ride or something :)

Ministry of Magic incredible elevator ride...experience wild weather effects, drops, vertical launches and sideways motions...wait that sounds like the wonka elevator...

Just curious...how would a drop tower fit the theme of the Ministry of Magic?

I think a walkthrough or slow moving dark ride would be much more appropriate

The elevators in there can move in all directions it seems. It could start out with you on a tour going floor to floor seeing different departments then your elevator gets cursed by a death Eater and goes haywire

The elevators in there can move in all directions it seems. It could start out with you on a tour going floor to floor seeing different departments then your elevator gets cursed by a death Eater and goes haywire

I would enjoy this only for the sake of seeing Universal one up Disney! (Not that they haven't done that already lately:thumbs:)

Has it been announced/confirmed yet how Uni will control the number of guests that are allowed into Diagon Alley at any given time? Will the London streets be the queue and they'll just enforce a "one in, one out" kind of a system into Diagon?

I'd actauly want to see a Posiedons Fury type show but with 3D on the Ministry of Magic. Using Live actors playing

Deatheaters and Dementors and the Screens would have something like a Peppers ghost but it is Harry, Dumbledore,

Voldermort, and others in a esscense that your on a Tour through the Ministry of Magic and then you get caught up in

the middle of a battle starting so you take shelter in one of the viewing areas that they can say and you see the

action from there.

I'd actauly want to see a Posiedons Fury type show but with 3D on the Ministry of Magic. Using Live actors playing

Deatheaters and Dementors and the Screens would have something like a Peppers ghost but it is Harry, Dumbledore,

Voldermort, and others in a esscense that your on a Tour through the Ministry of Magic and then you get caught up in

the middle of a battle starting so you take shelter in one of the viewing areas that they can say and you see the

action from there.

This is not really the thread to be discussing this. Diagon Alley talk, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.