Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 407 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a few pics from the waterfront yesterday and the day before, not great quality bu I got some of the red carpet being rolled up and I don't quite remember but I may have gotten a picture of a Wyndhams door open while a worker cleaned...

Ah, very cool!

Also, I've been meaning to ask - did you hear any sound effects of a train passing overhead on the 'bridge to nowhere'?

Yes, they run every few minutes and sound quite realistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually the train in motion is exactly 3:20 seconds from station to station.

Really? I used a stopwatch from when the video starts moving in both directions, and got 4 almost exactly. Perhaps the video extends a bit before and after the actual motion?

If they plan on doing an AP preview I really hope they announce it soon and give a bit of a head's up so people with passes can request the day off work. I'm just itching to get in there ASAP but with the crowds it is going to be hell.

"It's a DVD you record in front of a green screen. Costs about $70."

So Shutterbutton's sells moving pictures by giving you a DVD that you play on a TV when you get home? Don't know if that's as appealing as I thought...

Yea, but you could load the video onto a LCD Digital Photo Frame that plays video and sound than make or buy a cool old looking frame for it.

If they plan on doing an AP preview I really hope they announce it soon and give a bit of a head's up so people with passes can request the day off work. I'm just itching to get in there ASAP but with the crowds it is going to be hell.

If they do an AP preview (which there is a chance they will) it would most likely be after TM previews

If they do an AP preview (which there is a chance they will) it would most likely be after TM previews

There was never a dedicated AP preview for Hogsmeade, just soft openings when passholders and hotel guests only got in. Later in the year, like November or something (I remember it was cold), we had an AP party after hours, with special pins available for purchase, which we ran out of.

There was never a dedicated AP preview for Hogsmeade, just soft openings when passholders and hotel guests only got in. Later in the year, like November or something (I remember it was cold), we had an AP party after hours, with special pins available for purchase, which we ran out of.

I see them just doing an "early entry" into the land on a day they're doing a soft opening to everyone

Any way you could list some of the merch, I just don't want to watch the spoiler filled video

Here are a few items new to DA I spotted in pictures:
At the Gringott's Money exchange: coin purses, wallets, bags of fake gold, currency to exchange for.
WWW - Skivving snackboxes.
B&B - skulls (life size, small clear, small black), Have you seen this wizard? sign with Serious black.
MM - Cornish Pixie talking bendable plastic toy, tons of stuffed creatures
Wiseacre's - Hogwarts Express items, butterbeer tshirts and hats.

I think my new favorite shop is Madam Malkins, it looks more real than WWW and B&B.

Also, I was hoping that they would sell in B&B those spine candles that Lupin had in his office in PoA.

Last edited:
I wonder if an animatronic Fawkes will be in order for Forbidden Journey enhancements...

Forgive me, but when are they updating Forbidden Journey? And they aren't getting rid of anything are they? I wish they would just keep this ride like it was when it came out but NOOOOO, they have to tame it down because some people have motion sickness. I mean it clearly says at the beginning of the ride, that people with motion sickness should not ride! I don't think they should be changing the thrill factor because some people cant handle it. Sorry, mini rant over haha

Last edited:
Hey guys, here's some highlights of what I shot for Fusion from the red carpet event. It's basically all that didn't fit in the package that will air tomorrow. I basically just made this for fun. I have a funny accent and act a little silly because of the character I play called "Yonni Adventura" who goes on "safari's into all things pop culture". Hope you like it.

[video=youtube;8dJnd45N7n4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dJnd45N7n4[/video]

Seth Kubersky ‏@skubersky
"Diagon Alley employee previews 6/25-28. Gringotts won't be open."

This syncs so well with what I was told last Thursday. They are quietly trying to fix the thing under grave duress. I would hate to be "them" right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.