The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 913 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Last time I rode FJ, I could clearly see the extra dementors with all the new lighting. I wonder if WB is going to make them fix or remove them at some point?

Ride FJ this morning and the screens were lit up brilliantly, as Seth said. I'm worried it may be to a fault, though, as I noticed several dark objects appeared washed out as a result.

With dome projection, there's always a trade off between brightness and contrast. The brighter the image, the more light you have bouncing around which can wash-out darker areas in the image (less contrast). I don't know what the surface of the domes actually is but you can mitigate it a little by having a grey surface instead of white.

Reactions: natespf
With dome projection, there's always a trade off between brightness and contrast. The brighter the image, the more light you have bouncing around which can wash-out darker areas in the image (less contrast). I don't know what the surface of the domes actually is but you can mitigate it a little by having a grey surface instead of white.

Fun fact: These new projectors are at only 50% brightness!

Rode this weekend and the projection quality was a major improvement. Great job on that.

Some shots from the station yesterday.

The water tower ended up looking nice.

Clever.

This station is all fans and misting, no A/C like King's Cross.

End of line.

This thing is bigger than I thought it was.

Close encounter. This is actually not so bad, just please bring it into the Potter aesthetic!

The Hogsmeade station is nowhere near as cool as KC, but that was expected. It still looks nice though, it was cool to finally check it out in person.

Beautiful...love the Sinbad theater look as well as the new views of Dragons...they did a great job making this look like the films..love the trees as well..King's Cross has this beat in scale, but this certainly delivers in theming and quality

The way I look at it is King's Cross is grand and jaw dropping. Hogsmeade Station is beautiful and serene. I love the woodsy musical score in the Hogsmeade Station queue.

A very tiny snack shop in King's Cross queue sells British beer. And I hear you can board the train with them.

LOL, how very English. Most trips to London (not that I go often) I end up having a beer in a nice bar on Kings Cross Station whilst waiting for my train, sound like Uni's KC is a little less sophisticated but hey, a beer is a beer none the less. I bet to keep the authenticity going the prices are equally step at both :cheers:

From Attractions Magazine, this is the hot dog served outside London waterfront.

BrtS0IDIUAE7s4H.jpg

Um....

Does anyone know how the talking portrait look is achieved? Is there any documentation as to how they pulled the effect off so flawlessly? I'm looking at starting a DIY project in a similar vein.

Does anyone know how the talking portrait look is achieved? Is there any documentation as to how they pulled the effect off so flawlessly? I'm looking at starting a DIY project in a similar vein.

I'm pretty sure they basically paint a clear coating of some sort on the screen to give it the brushed oil-paint appearance.

I'm pretty sure they basically paint a clear coating of some sort on the screen to give it the brushed oil-paint appearance.

Yeppers... As a wee lad, I did it years ago to a print of a painting using logical brushstrokes of the subject matter. I used a jar of clear semi-gloss acrylic paint that had pudding like consistency. A clear crackle paint would probably work for an aged effect. In the case of these LCDs, I would hope they used a thin clear plastic like acetate to paint on and then install over the screen.