The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 914 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^^ some body once posted the patent on the moving pictures effect before. I don't remember exactly how helpful it would be in replicating it. It would not hurt! I think a lot of the effect (the image not lookin like a projection or monitor) was achieved through the dimming of the image through polarization of the projected surface. Idk, I could be completely off. If anyone has it I would be very grateful I you posted it!

^^ some body once posted the patent on the moving pictures effect before. I don't remember exactly how helpful it would be in replicating it. It would not hurt! I think a lot of the effect (the image not lookin like a projection or monitor) was achieved through the dimming of the image through polarization of the projected surface. Idk, I could be completely off. If anyone has it I would be very grateful I you posted it!

Ah thanks for the info Chris, here it is. Bunch of silliness. I sure hope the patent remains pending.

http://www.google.com/patents/US20110273485

fj_portraits.png

Last edited:
Fruit & cheese plates, sandwich wraps, hummus, British crisps and candy bars, bottle water & energy drinks (no Coke).

I'm not sure I understand the point of selling this at the entrance to the ride. It's a 4 minute ride. Hardly enough time to consume any of that.

I'm not sure I understand the point of selling this at the entrance to the ride. It's a 4 minute ride. Hardly enough time to consume any of that.

I assume it's for the line, not the ride. If the line starts at the store, you'd have about 30 minutes to eat/drink before you get on the train.

Out of pure curiosity, what do you find wrong with said picture?

It's the lack of symmetry that really bothers me. I would have had that kid in the yellow tank top jump up on the right side to even things out. And for God's sake, man, if your gonna take a picture of your kids climbing on the train, you gotta turn on the damn flash!

Stupid Americans......:p

That's pretty bad but not as bad as people taking pictures of their kids on the Lost Continent Griffin with the "DON'T CLIMB" sign in the center of the picture.

That's pretty bad but not as bad as people taking pictures of their kids on the Lost Continent Griffin with the "DON'T CLIMB" sign in the center of the picture.

My ten year old daughter often says that: can't people read the sign that says do not climb? But well, there always are people who imagine the rules don't apply to them ...

What I see some very enthused fans, and while she is jeopardizing her own safety, they are clearly very excited and grateful to be there and those are some of the best types of people to have at a theme park.

d1b.gif

Ok, but the most important question in all of this is: how long is the wait for Ollivander's in Hogsmeade now that Diagon is open?

Ok, but the most important question in all of this is: how long is the wait for Ollivander's in Hogsmeade now that Diagon is open?

When I went Wednesday there was still a good sized line for it, and it was raining too. Just had to shake my head. I think Universal should consider getting rid of this version of Ollivanders for something else.