Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also I would rather ride it at night and be able to see everything since the sun can mess with your eyes when you enter a dark ride.

So yeah if you do that you will even have a better experience

We were about to head to Universal when we saw on twitter that the line was cut off for the night so we didn't end up going. But I hope to go either Friday or Saturday night!

Waited approx 3 hours yesterday, and it was worth every single minute. Once this thing gets up to even 75% capacity they will likely have a hard time holding much more than a 90 min. line, and at 100%, I think they regularly keep the line at or under an hour.

Waited approx 3 hours yesterday, and it was worth every single minute. Once this thing gets up to even 75% capacity they will likely have a hard time holding much more than a 90 min. line, and at 100%, I think they regularly keep the line at or under an hour.

I'm just wondering how long it'll be until we see max capacity. I'm gonna say about 3 weeks until max, but many breakdowns. I don't think it'll run fluidly for another few months. They'll get the hang of it once September hits and crowds are much smaller.

When it is running at full capacity I feel the full covered part of the outdoor queue would be a 90 minute wait. When I was about to go into the pre-show, the line was backed up so they ran the show empty 3 times. Does anyone know why they have to continually run the pre-show and cant just not run it if it gets backed up?

When it is running at full capacity I feel the full covered part of the outdoor queue would be a 90 minute wait. When I was about to go into the pre-show, the line was backed up so they ran the show empty 3 times. Does anyone know why they have to continually run the pre-show and cant just not run it if it gets backed up?

Because it's part of the show.

This thing is positively amazing! It is unlike anything I have personally ever ridden before. It is absolutely thrilling from start to finish, and a ridiculous multi-sensory experience unlike anything else. I know the term "game changer" has been thrown around, but it's true. Universal has created one of, if not THE best theme park attractions in the world. What I also really dug about Gringotts, is how it manages to make what now has become staples of Universal's attractions (the 3D screens and sets, like Spidey and Transformers), and turned it on its head, and made it feel fresh and new. It is awesome.

Is there a test seat outside of Gringotts? I haven't seen a pic of one posted.

I kinda like these restraints more than mummy's. It feels like it comes down more on the thigh than the waist and as a result gives more upper body freedom of movement which felt nice. And I'm not a small guy, 6ft 235lbs with meaty thighs and I fit in the front row with room to spare. I can see how the shin brace may be annoying for some, especially taller people.

For those who have ridden in the back half of the train, how's the view of the screens?

I was front row in the second car and beside the Bellatrix and finale screens you are sideways and have an unobstructed view. And in the finale its more vertical action so nothing of note is obstructed.

Kinda funny as an aside, since the trains were dispatching slowly, when we got to the front of the line the guy straight up asked us where we wanted to sit.

I'm sure it's been discussed, but I'm having a hard time keeping up with all of the talk around DA and Gringotts. Can someone tell me how intense the roller coaster aspects of the ride are? I'm mostly concerned with drops - what sort of height are we talking about? Two people I'm traveling with in a few weeks are terrified of big drops, and I want to know if I should warn them of any.

Thanks in advance! Can't WAIT to ride it!

I'm sure it's been discussed, but I'm having a hard time keeping up with all of the talk around DA and Gringotts. Can someone tell me how intense the roller coaster aspects of the ride are? I'm mostly concerned with drops - what sort of height are we talking about? Two people I'm traveling with in a few weeks are terrified of big drops, and I want to know if I should warn them of any.

Thanks in advance! Can't WAIT to ride it!

The drop isn't that bad. like 20-30ft from the front row, 40-50 from the back. The coaster parts are in pitch black so you don't really see the full extent of the drop. What is the most intense is the unexpected motion from the cars while in the coaster parts and scene transitions. I would also say the ride tops out at 30-40mph, but I'm not sure. It's really really fun!

Hey all. I know that Gringotts has spinning but I just read a warning sign that it has tilting. Does this mean that each car has a 3-point actuator system like the scoop??? see video below to see the system

http://youtu.be/9rJqA4ivyQw?t=3m37s

Too, as I understand it... "each car" actually describes two separate cars that are connected? If so, do both cars rotate independent of each other?

Hey all. I know that Gringotts has spinning but I just read a warning sign that it has tilting. Does this mean that each car has a 3-point actuator system like the scoop??? see video below to see the system

http://youtu.be/9rJqA4ivyQw?t=3m37s

Too, as I understand it... "each car" actually describes two separate cars that are connected? If so, do both cars rotate independent of each other?

Yeah, It's basically all the functionality of a spider-man vehicle on a coaster track, it must be more compact though because the track was not a deep down as I was expecting when waiting to board. There is a simulated drop in the ride that gives the spider-man one a run for its money.

And when sideways looking at a screen the two cars rotate independently and both point towards the focal point of the scene, so parallel but then slightly pointed in towards each other. I was so engrossed that it never bothered me that there were two cars. I assume that there are two is purely for capacity reasons since in the movie and such they are single mine cars.

Last edited:
Rode Gringotts earlier today (mind blown, completely) and the "tilting" must be referring to an up/down tilt as I don't remember any side to side tilting at all. Unlike Spiderman, these ride vehicles stay flat on one latitudinal axis and don't tilt. Don't let that disappoint you though, the cars give you a nice ride.

This ride was even better than I expected. I think it's as close to a "game changer" as the theme park industry has seen in a while. I think it's every bit as good as Spiderman. Not gonna say it's better, but ever since Spiderman opened 15 years ago, I've wait and waited for something, anything to match it. Nothing has, not the Mummy, not Mission Space, not Expedition Everest, not even Forbidden Journey or Transformers or Radiator Springs Racers at DL which I rode a few months ago. In Gringotts Bank we finally have a ride that leaves you completely in awe when you get off and thinking "how the hell did they do that?" I cannot wait to ride again.

I also heard that bar makes it difficult for bigger people to ride as well. What exactly is the purpose of that bar, could the restraint be modified to remove that bar to allow bigger people (or people who don't enjoy pain) to ride?
When you say "bigger people" are you saying overweight, or tall? I'm curious because I'm 6'7" and 280... and I really wanna see this..

When you say "bigger people" are you saying overweight, or tall? I'm curious because I'm 6'7" and 280... and I really wanna see this..

The shin bar I see being an issue more-so for taller people, especially if u have a really long upper leg if that makes sense.