Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New "Film Vault" Store

That's a neat store, basically the dump everything that doesn't fit anywhere else store of the resort and that's fine by me. I'll probably get a bunch of those posters....and a kong plushie

Today, a new store has opened up where the old television preview center across from Transformers was. They seem to be selling some neat movie and park merch and are calling it "Film Vault. Here's an article from Attractions Magazine showing what the store looks like and some more details on it.

http://attractionsmagazine.com/new-...lorida-featuring-retro-universal-merchandise/
This looks like it has some of the most interesting merchandise in the park. Gotta get me one of those Godfather hats.

A little surprised they took out the Preview Center. Overall the merchandise is a little meh, but I love the idea.

Word is all the survey people are gone. (I actually heard "all third party"---not sure if just survey-takers or the leather bracelet people et al as well.)

Kind of a shame, I enjoyed my Scooby bucks for watching Fallon or drinking shots of iced tea. Paid for many a trip to Finns. Word is they are relocating to Pointe Orlando and/or the Florida Mall, for what it's worth.

Perfect replacement tho. Unique merchandise, nicely compliments the theme of the park.

This store is really neat...loving the classic monsters shirt...nice to see a giftshop with Universal-only stuff rather than Potter

This store is really neat...loving the classic monsters shirt...nice to see a giftshop with Universal-only stuff rather than Potter
I hate to be that guy but the Godfather is a Paramount film. I do love the idea of the store but it would be nice for to them actually develop more of the product themselves and less market stuff especially with the jack up prices on the merchandise. That way it's product you can find nowhere else.

Word is all the survey people are gone. (I actually heard "all third party"---not sure if just survey-takers or the leather bracelet people et al as well.)

Kind of a shame, I enjoyed my Scooby bucks for watching Fallon or drinking shots of iced tea. Paid for many a trip to Finns. Word is they are relocating to Pointe Orlando and/or the Florida Mall, for what it's worth.

Perfect replacement tho. Unique merchandise, nicely compliments the theme of the park.

Makes sense. And it probably is better for the park.

But I agree, the free park money way nice. I got paid to watch the Blacklist last year. So I win :chuckle:

If this is the case, you sir have made my day.

Certain about the survey takers. Not as clear on the leather bracelet people, the jewelry stores in Mummy/Boop, the Westgate timeshare people, or anyone else. The timeshare annoyed me most, but not going to miss any of the ones who didn't give me free money. Definitely a positive step. Now if Universal would just take back parking.

I need a new "Amity Swim Team" shirt. I hope they have found some for the store, haven't seen any since the ride's last summer season.

I hate to be that guy but the Godfather is a Paramount film. I do love the idea of the store but it would be nice for to them actually develop more of the product themselves and less market stuff especially with the jack up prices on the merchandise. That way it's product you can find nowhere else.
Hmm I guess you are right...odd, could have sworn Godfather was part of Universal..

Still love the idea of this shop

Certain about the survey takers. Not as clear on the leather bracelet people, the jewelry stores in Mummy/Boop, the Westgate timeshare people, or anyone else. The timeshare annoyed me most, but not going to miss any of the ones who didn't give me free money. Definitely a positive step. Now if Universal would just take back parking.

Yea, I'm hoping the Timeshare people are next. Getting rid of all these would class up the parks by quite a bit