1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

New "Film Vault" Store

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Florida' started by AdmiralHHN, Aug 6, 2014.

1. April

April Member

I haven't seen any either. I bought mine shortly before the ride closed. Most of my JAWS shirts have shrunk a bit due to being all cotton so I'll have to eventually replace them.

2. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

I really can't stand those guys. Even after dismissing their advances, they still persist on trying to get me to sign up for something.

3. MrRoamer

MrRoamer Premium Member

Yeah they are pretty aggressive, normally if you say you are from Orlando they leave you alone, but we got stopped by one of them the other day. We thought about doing it maybe to help out some of our guests coming down for the wedding, but the guy was kept pushing the hard sale to sign up for it right then. If he would have just calmed down he probably would have had at least 3 people booked.

Years ago when I went to Dollywood, we did 3 different time shares presentations for tickets and spending money and they were their own special kind of hell. I was 19 back then and I have a soft spot for Infomercials and even then I could feel the shyster was strong.

4. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

Woah, I love this store. The resort had been hurting for a store like this and they can do so much more with the concept. Hope they keep it up and it doesn't become a dumping ground for more Potter merch.

5. Jwhee

Jwhee Veteran Member

Im pretty sure this will somehow tie into USF 25. Also i know they can do previewing in the La Bumba building. They did that a few months ago.

6. Skipper Justin

Skipper Justin Veteran Member

They still have the survey people who pay you to watch shows.

7. Kevin38

Kevin38 Member

They want you to put a 100.00 deposit on a credit card. Just tell them you don't have one.

8. Brervixen

Brervixen Premium Member

Love the Psycho shirt! Can see myself spending a bit in here come November!

9. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Veteran Member

I hope they bring back the Bates Motel Bath Robes and Ashtrays.

10. TubaGeek

TubaGeek Rookie

I heard they're now homed in the Darkroom, which had been sitting empty for a LONG time.

Somewhat related: they certainly did this quick and under the radar. Almost makes me wonder if they won't open the museum in the same sudden, overnight manner.

11. kimlovesfl

kimlovesfl Rookie

I was in the store briefly yesterday, really want the Bride of Frankenstein purse, but will wait until December when I can get 50% off.

I think this was a good move; it will be a revenue generator all the time, instead of sometimes, because no one ever knew when that place was going to be open. The Darkroom, or around La Bamba, would be a good place for the 3rd parties to move, although if it were up to me, I'd get rid of them all.

12. UniversalCrazy

UniversalCrazy Rookie

Nice shop! This shows that they're still up for the movie studio theme of the park.

13. freediverdude

freediverdude Rookie

Back to the Future shirts! Yes!! This shop will be a must stop on my next visit!

14. Mockingjay

Mockingjay Rookie

If you skip ahead to 12:42 Tim does a great job of giving a visual tour of the new Film Vault store.

[video=youtube;nUOpqPh_uPk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUOpqPh_uPk&list=UUoocMG5lMACNKgpvqKay2lg[/video]

15. Spaulding

Spaulding Rookie

Does the film vault change up what it's selling much? I have seen some things that I would love, but not visiting until September so they might have changed their stock by then.