Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: Roanoke Cannibal Colony

Jan 22, 2008
Orlando, FL

ip_Roanoke.png

Thoughts? Opinions? Predictions? All "Roanoke Cannibal Colony" discussion goes here.

Very interesting premise. I've always been interested in native tribes and such, hopefully this house does something like this justice but I do have concerns. Hopefully all the cannibals don't look exactly the same like havoc. I also want to see a varied environment instead of only jungle or only native town. I'd also like some death scenes please? This has the potential to be incredibly bland or very scary, hopefully it's the latter

The Roanoke story is a classic "mystery" (in reality, we figured it out eons ago) that will make for a great house. Throw in some great colonial costumes and settings, and we'll hae a winner

This is my most anticipated house. Being a history major, stuff like this interests me greatly. Can't wait to see what they do with this one!

This looks pretty interesting, but this house to me is going to be the gore house and the day that blood day is most busiest on.

This looks pretty interesting, but this house to me is going to be the gore house and the day that blood day is most busiest on.

I don't know, Giggles and Gore sounds like it will be just as gory if not more so. Heck, it's right in the title.

So is this house indicating that the colonists are cannibals? Or Indians?

Neither. Wendigos are the ticket in this house and the explanation of why the colonists are "mostly" gone. The remaining colonists will be those attending HHN.

Boy, marketing really hacked these titles down to the lowest common denominator. Any further and we would have ended up with "American Werewolf People-Eaters"

So is this house indicating that the colonists are cannibals? Or Indians?

The Native American aspect is the legend of the Wendigo where any man who consumes another man becomes a ravenous monster that cannot be sated by anything but human flesh. In some versions they even consume some of their own flesh, thus disfiguring themselves.

The Native American aspect is the legend of the Wendigo where any man who consumes another man becomes a ravenous monster that cannot be sated by anything but human flesh. In some versions they even consume some of their own flesh, thus disfiguring themselves.

Thanks for clarifying this. The description was extremely vague and then Wendigos with no explanation of how they were related.

Neither. Wendigos are the ticket in this house and the explanation of why the colonists are "mostly" gone. The remaining colonists will be those attending HHN.

Boy, marketing really hacked these titles down to the lowest common denominator. Any further and we would have ended up with "American Werewolf People-Eaters"

:lol::lol:

Could the wendigos possibly be represented in wolf form?

Last edited:
Could the wendigos possibly be represented in wolf form?

Okay, here is my hope.

Based upon this quote from their press release: The spirit of Wendigo is something much more sinister. It’s actually a mythical Native American creature that curses all those who ingest human flesh. These people have snapped, and they have to somehow justify their cannibalism. They think they’re being possessed by the Wendigo spirit. They start eating their own mouths. They’ve chewed away their lips. They’ve just completely lost it.

And this quote from the same release: There’s a surprise in the finale that I won’t give away, but you will definitely meet some really interesting characters in all sorts of different states of decay. You’ll just have to check it out for yourself.

I am expecting humanish characters who have been consuming both themselves and others. My hope is that the 'surprise' at the end is an actual Wendigo consuming these people who have convinced themselves they are Wendigos.

Okay, here is my hope.

Based upon this quote from their press release: The spirit of Wendigo is something much more sinister. It’s actually a mythical Native American creature that curses all those who ingest human flesh. These people have snapped, and they have to somehow justify their cannibalism. They think they’re being possessed by the Wendigo spirit. They start eating their own mouths. They’ve chewed away their lips. They’ve just completely lost it.

And this quote from the same release: There’s a surprise in the finale that I won’t give away, but you will definitely meet some really interesting characters in all sorts of different states of decay. You’ll just have to check it out for yourself.

I am expecting humanish characters who have been consuming both themselves and others. My hope is that the 'surprise' at the end is an actual Wendigo consuming these people who have convinced themselves they are Wendigos.

So this house will just have cannibals and not the monster... sounds kind of lame