Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have a very good feeling that the scare zones will definitely bite everybody in the ass in surprise. Finally after 2 years of absolutely abysmal zones we we getting 4 incredibly detailed and unique zonea. The description of bayou particularly intrigues me, sounds like an absolute blast especially with the rituals (dying to see what the voodoo queen looks like). The houses sound fantastic too especially Roanoke. My prediction this year is that we will all be impressed by the houses but the original content will probably take the cake. All sound incredibly varied and interesting. Also predicting the scare zones will be highly praised too. Too pumped right now

My guess is that the surprise in Roanoke is what is going to "Separate this house from all the other houses this year".

And, yes, the originals sound excellent.

I really wonder what that surprise could be. Can't be a puppet because that doesn't separate it from AVP or AWIL. My thought is a ridiculously gory finale or something so old school from the past that'll bring back a nostalgic yet modern feeling to it. The insiders are all saying this is the one you have to look forward to and I think it all lies in the finale and that's what's making me get so pumped about this house

I really wonder what that surprise could be. Can't be a puppet because that doesn't separate it from AVP or AWIL. My thought is a ridiculously gory finale or something so old school from the past that'll bring back a nostalgic yet modern feeling to it. The insiders are all saying this is the one you have to look forward to and I think it all lies in the finale and that's what's making me get so pumped about this house

All I know of the surprise (and all I WANT to know for that matter) is that an insider I know said it is, "Something HHN should have been doing for years." Based on that, I do not think it is a gag that they have done before (i.e. a planted victim in line with you) or just something particularly gory. I feel like it might be something smaller haunts do that HHN has never attempted but I could be wrong.

All I know of the surprise (and all I WANT to know for that matter) is that an insider I know said it is, "Something HHN should have been doing for years." Based on that, I do not think it is a gag that they have done before (i.e. a planted victim in line with you) or just something particularly gory. I feel like it might be something smaller haunts do that HHN has never attempted but I could be wrong.
Good thinking, possibly an animatronic or some sort of visual effect? Trying to think of something obvious that is basically in any haunt besides horror nights

If they start with Cast A, the change in cast is every 45 minutes from when the house opens. So if a houses opens at 5:45 with Cast A, then Cast B is at 6:30, Then back to A at 7:15 etc.

Yeah, I was just wondering if we knew yet what time each cast starts because I try to keep track and make sure I hit both casts more than once for the houses/zones.

- - - Updated - - -

How do they manage to change cast actually? Are there walkways running parallel to the house corridors?

If you look at some of the interior pictures of the houses that are in the tents and SSs, there is a fair amount of dead space so the actors just replace one another. In Disaster, they have walked by guests in the past (Zombiegeddon) to reach the door that allows them backstage behind the sets.

I have this feeling like Roanoke will be the best overall house and the tent houses will be the scariest of the event. I feel like the sound stages will be visually stunning but won't match the intensity level of the tents.

seems like after 2 years of the event being okay bit having some faults, Now this year might be one of the best years ever.
The houses, the streets, sounds like Everything will be amazing this time around.

seems like after 2 years of the event being okay bit having some faults, Now this year might be one of the best years ever.
The houses, the streets, sounds like Everything will be amazing this time around.

i'm really starting to feel that too. Maybe its the hype getting to me but I'm looking at this event as a whole and so far everything has atleast one reason to look forward to. Very very excited

I can not say whether he has done this before. But even if he did, it's still a common courtesy to the people who make the event a possibility. It's not uncommon for people in the industry to write thank you notes of appreciation, even if you've worked with them before. It's just in a different medium.

Last edited:
Let's be real, guys... this year may be better than 2012 and 2013, but the bar isn't high. I'd be shocked if this compared to the iconic years or even 2011. Don't let the hype train overwhelm you.

Let's be real, guys... this year may be better than 2012 and 2013, but the bar isn't high. I'd be shocked if this compared to the iconic years or even 2011. Don't let the hype train overwhelm you.

Well I say it has the possibility of being better than 17 and possibly even 19. I'm only comparing this evert to the IP events of years past and while those definitely had better IPs, there is just so much promise in this year that I can't help but be excited. Guess we will see

Well I say it has the possibility of being better than 17 and possibly even 19. I'm only comparing this evert to the IP events of years past and while those definitely had better IPs, there is just so much promise in this year that I can't help but be excited. Guess we will see

...in my opinion, no chance. No chance at all, at least when you judge the event from all perspectives - the in-park experience, amount of zones, quality of houses, number of actors, website, storyline, immersiveness, world building, etc...

I could be proven wrong. But based on what I know, I don't think I will be.

...in my opinion, no chance. No chance at all, at least when you judge the event from all perspectives - the in-park experience, amount of zones, quality of houses, number of actors, website, storyline, immersiveness, world building, etc...

I could be proven wrong. But based on what I know, I don't think I will be.

I think you don't have to worry about the quality and quantity of zones and houses. There will definitely be enough and with the unofficial scare zones plus the zones this year are probably going to be as detailed and immersive as ever before. Yeah there is no story whatsoever and we don't have a tagline but we'd probably all be complaining if they made a story anyways. How the hell do you tie all these different IPs together in one long story? The answer is you can't, atleast successfully. I think you are looking at this year compared to the glory years and at that point you shouldn't. See it as what it is, an IP event with equally strong original content to go with it. I'm not expecting it to be the best year of all time but I'm definitely expecting a ton of surprises and fun. If you still want to have that mindset then different spokes for different folks I guess, have fun being grumpy lol