Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I got to see the Halloween house today. The entrance had me doing the the pursed lips to the side of face look. I expect, hope even, more is coming. I was impressed with the solid entrance walkway!

The more I look at HHN, the more I am convinced that it isn't intended to be a truly scary event, but a drunken party with a few faux jumps and starts.

Seems like the survey was focusing hard on if the event was scary or not. Perhaps if the event was less scary. They could sell even more tickets to those who want a little fright. I sure hope this isn't the route their taking though.

Love how they changed a few little things to make "ours" an Orlando one. For me the worst is commercial was 21.

Seems like the survey was focusing hard on if the event was scary or not. Perhaps if the event was less scary. They could sell even more tickets to those who want a little fright. I sure hope this isn't the route their taking though.

Love how they changed a few little things to make "ours" an Orlando one. For me the worst is commercial was 21.

Yeah, it may be a marketing scheme to play down the scary to pussies like me... yet it wouldn't work.

Well it's good to have a not scary commercial at times as long as it's entertaining. Remember how freaky the 2008 commercials were? Caused more bad publicity than anything else

Well it's good to have a not scary commercial at times as long as it's entertaining. Remember how freaky the 2008 commercials were? Caused more bad publicity than anything else

It was actually that very commercial that motivated me to go for the first time and fall in love lol.

It was actually that very commercial that motivated me to go for the first time and fall in love lol.

Oh no it was their best commercial don't get me wrong. But damn it caused a ton of controversy at the time. You can definitely see why they toned it down later on. I think the last really grizzly commercial was for 19 and that was a great one too

I was just wondering if there will be anybody on the forums scare acting this year. I'd love to say hi if so

- - - Updated - - -

:ban:

Halloween HORROR Nights!!!!

Lol that got me :lol: it is a stupid statement if you say it out loud but honestly im just there for the craftsmanship. Don't count how many times I get scared (too many) or complain when something isn't scary. Scariness isn't a big factor to me so if they toned it down a little I wouldn't freak out but other people obviously would so whateva

I was just wondering if there will be anybody on the forums scare acting this year. I'd love to say hi if so

- - - Updated - - -

Lol that got me :lol: it is a stupid statement if you say it out loud but honestly im just there for the craftsmanship. Don't count how many times I get scared (too many) or complain when something isn't scary. Scariness isn't a big factor to me so if they toned it down a little I wouldn't freak out but other people obviously would so whateva

Ha..just kidding with you..I understand what you mean..I could see Universal continuing to tone down HHN as the years go by though to get more "audience"..we'll see

Ha..just kidding with you..I understand what you mean..I could see Universal continuing to tone down HHN as the years go by though to get more "audience"..we'll see
Yeah I knew you were lol, I have no idea what'll happen to this event next year but damn it's changing quite a bit

- - - Updated - - -

Were those the creepy grandma ones... I remember that a few were literally hair raising.
The storyteller made for an incredibly on screen presence, who could forget that bed of nails? Too bad that was about it lol. That one, sweet 16 and that incredibly disturbing jester commercial take the cake for the crazy torture commercials. 18 will always be the most disturbing though...gahhh so unnerving

I could see some people on the survey going "I've always wanted to go to HHN, but I wish none of the actors would scare you, I just want them to stare at you. please universal could you tell your scareactors not to scare us? :smiley:" lol hehehe

next year: HHN "halloween Happy Nights, more happier than ever" :rofl:

I could see some people on the survey going "I've always wanted to go to HHN, but I wish none of the actors would scare you, I just want them to stare at you. please universal could you tell your scareactors not to scare us? :smiley:" lol hehehe

next year: HHN "halloween Happy Nights, more happier than ever" :rofl:
I'm pretty sure there were a ton who said that after watching videos. I think everybody is a fan of a detailed experience but not everybody loves being scared to the point where your unable to enjoy the event. But that's mostly their problem at this point. Also I'm telling you now halloween happy nights might be the best idea I've ever heard. Trademark it before it's too late!!!

it makes me wonder, would the number of people upset over a friendly hhn event be bigger or smaller than the people asking for a more friendlier hhn?
would more people complain, or be grateful?

like you said, hardcore fans go for the sets instead of the scares but I wonder how the general public would react

How friendly are we talking? Like Six Flags or Mickey's not so scary?

When you think across america. There's so many stand alone haunts that are just as successful and have stayed in business as long as Horror Nights. Only they are scarier and pushing the limits. To guest, I believe their perception is it's a theme park halloween thing. It shouldn't be that scary.

Allegedly, this year is one of their more envelope pushing years so I am not sure why you are saying it is being toned down.
From what I have heard, this year will have the most gore of the past 10+ years and someone told me the 'surprise finale' in Roanoke is something "HHN should have been doing for years" which leads me to believe it was something that was considered too edgy, but has now been approved.
All that being said, if the reviews are good this year, I could see them continuing to push the envelope.

Well horror nights is honestly kinda tame scare wise especially when compared to it's neighbor HOS. I think the general public would definitely complain if the event wasn't scary or friendlier, there would probably be a giant backlash from them along with fans complaining that none of the houses were scary (don't deny it we would). It would be an overall mess. I honestly don't know how I would do a friendly horror nights. Probably something like zoo boo with mostly AAs instead of actual actors. Also cooger I'm very happy to hear that. The line up with year sounds particularly gory especially with houses like FDTD, AVP and G&G. All I ask is that there is no gore in Halloween because the original movie had no blood let alone gore. But hey we will see

All I ask is that there is no gore in Halloween because the original movie had no blood let alone gore. But hey we will see

I agree with you which is why this line from an IGN article makes me a bit nervous: In the Halloween haunted house, every scene tells the tale of a different kill, as we see the masked Michael stalk his victims – and those walking through the house.

Take it for what you will.

Ahh so it'll be one of those saw like houses where it's all in the show scenes. I'm sure it wont be that gory still. A mannequin that hangs upside down from the ceiling and maybe a couple others is all you really need. This shouldn't be that big of a blood bath though