Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is 24 the one with the marquee on it? They do some media events there. Or is that a different building?

Trying to picture it in my head and that's all I can see.

Honestly, I don't know. I just know that 24 is one of the players for HHN this year. Just don't rub your body against 23 or you will be banned from Florida for two lives. :smiley: That said, let me ask about which where.

Based on the tweet. It seems like Halloween is the last announcement. I thought maybe a extra surprise in there....o well.

From what I've seen/heard..

universal-studios-soundstage-19-4.jpg

Walking Dead is in Soundstage 25, this is fact. From Dusk Til Dawn is in Soundstage 22, which has held many houses over the years. Apparently AVP and Dracula will be sharing a soundstage (which is standard practice) however ThemeParkInsite states it'd be in Soundstage 24. As far as I know that stage has never been used.

So 3 of them are close together (if that's all true) and all away from Rockit.

My hope is that they exit all of the houses out by the Twister gift shop, they can run the SS22 line through the music plaza, run one of the SS24 lines through the Twister queue and run the other SS24 line and the SS25 line back by the NY Public Library facade. This would leave all the houses exiting out of by the Twister gift shop area and prevent the cluster that was last year's CitW entrance/NY Public Library exit.

Welcome to HHN..If you want a park full of street characters you may want to check out HOS

Seconded.

Welcome to HHN..If you want a park full of street characters you may want to check out HOS

My hope is that they exit all of the houses out by the Twister gift shop, they can run the SS22 line through the music plaza, run one of the SS24 lines through the Twister queue and run the other SS24 line and the SS25 line back by the NY Public Library facade. This would leave all the houses exiting out of by the Twister gift shop area and prevent the cluster that was last year's CitW entrance/NY Public Library exit.

Seconded.

if that's how you guys feel then maybe universal is wasting their money on making scarezones in general lol

but are the streets at HOS really that much better?

Last edited:
if that's how you guys feel then maybe universal is wasting their money on making scarezones in general lol

It is just a fact that HOS has roaming actors ALL OVER the park. That is not a judgment at all. Believe it or not, I like the way HHN does things and I would not trade it for HOS's system. If you want actors everywhere with minimal (and sometimes zero) SZ theming then HOS's system is for you. Whereas, if you want themed SZs then go to HHN. They each provide a different appeal and service the two different ways that SZs can be done.

I guess what I am trying to say is, this is an apples to oranges comparison where it is not really a matter of which is better as everyone likes one more than the other. Personally, I like both ways of doing things and, therefore, attend and support both events.

No they're wasting money trying to get IPs

Yes HOS has better streets and is all around a more scary and unique event

No they're wasting money trying to get IPs

Yes HOS has better streets and is all around a more scary and unique event

It is a waste of money to get IPs only for the diehard HHN fans that will go every year no matter wait. But they are not wasting their money getting IPs that bring in people that would normally never go or only go once in awhile. That is where the IPs pay off big for them. Especially Walking Dead, that brought in a ton of people that normally would not go to HHN or never thought about going to HHN. Now that they are going, I bet you they are hooked. Uni is all about growing their demographics, not keeping it the same.

It is a waste of money to get IPs only for the diehard HHN fans that will go every year no matter wait. But they are not wasting their money getting IPs that bring in people that would normally never go or only go once in awhile. That is where the IPs pay off big for them. Especially Walking Dead, that brought in a ton of people that normally would not go to HHN or never thought about going to HHN. Now that they are going, I bet you they are hooked. Uni is all about growing their demographics, not keeping it the same.

well, ips for the general public are fine but the problem is when they cut the streets,

both diehard fans and regular people get to enjoy the streets equally. when half of the park will be completely empty of actors or anything HHN related, that's when it becomes a problem.

I wish they would at least add some cartoon looking pumpkins to the Springfield area. At least decorate the walls a little. just something, anything... just some halloween music in that zone for God's sake :bang:

well, ips for the general public are fine but the problem is when they cut the streets,

both diehard fans and regular people get to enjoy the streets equally. when half of the park will be completely empty of actors or anything HHN related, that's when it becomes a problem.

I wish they would at least add some cartoon looking pumpkins to the Springfield area. At least decorate the walls a little. just something, anything... just some halloween music in that zone for God's sake :bang:

I think they made the decision to pay more attention and give more budget to the houses..they are the reasons people come after all..Perhaps we'll see the years where the park transforms completely again..for now the streets are quite lackluster...some of my best scares have been in the streets so it is sad to see..

I'm not anti IP btw..I just see a bit of a trend..this year does look promising though

While I completely agree that would be great, anything in Springfield probably requires approval from Groening (and whatever company owns them). Other than that, where would another SZ go? Jaws area hadn't been used as a SZ for a while and walkway feels narrower with the gates of London. MiB area and the back path to FFL have generally been SZ-free; I assume there must be a reason. I guess they could use one of the alleys up front, but that doesn't really spread the crowd out any.

(I'm assuming clowns spill out from Giggles & Gore, and Sting Alley has been co-opted into The Purge, taking away two other traditional SZ locations and making the actual count more like 6 than 4.)

While I completely agree that would be great, anything in Springfield probably requires approval from Groening (and whatever company owns them). Other than that, where would another SZ go? Jaws area hadn't been used as a SZ for a while and walkway feels narrower with the gates of London. MiB area and the back path to FFL have generally been SZ-free; I assume there must be a reason. I guess they could use one of the alleys up front, but that doesn't really spread the crowd out any.

(I'm assuming clowns spill out from Giggles & Gore, and Sting Alley has been co-opted into The Purge, taking away two other traditional SZ locations and making the actual count more like 6 than 4.)

Plus the area around the Walking Dead house will feature walkers.