Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think until we see this years streets in person we can't really judge the only 4 zones. Maybe the 4 will be larger and more elaborate and therefore 6 would not work. There are a lot of areas they can't use anymore for SZ like London and Springfield. Which pushes the zones pretty close to each other. I have noticed that all the zones are on top of each other and other parts of the park nothing. By doing one in KZ this will help a little to spread it out more. So maybe the ones that feel on top of each other when end up being one larger one.

I am reserving judgement until I actually see them in person or see real reviews on here after opening weekend.

Are they able to use Itchy and Scratchy? It could be pretty cool to see a whole bunch of them running around trying to murder each other in different ways. It could even work with little to no change to the streets. Just grasping for an idea because the best one (Treehouse) is apparently a no go.

I do like the Springfield idea. Sure they could talk them into doing a halloween overlay. Throw some Treehouse of horror merch in the store. Win Win for both companies.

There's tons of areas they could use for scare-zones. Only London and Springfield are out. I would settle for small sets, fog and some actors over nothing. If you look at the history of the past few years. We have went from 7-6-5-4 scare-zones.

A set Scare Zone by MIB/FFL would be a nightmare. There's just too many people trafficking that area with Bill & Ted letting out throughout the night. Couple that with the Sprung Tent emptying over there as well, and the MIB ride itself, logistically the area is just too congested to have a set Scare Zone. Roaming scareactors (CDT, zombie horde like from 2008), are a much easier solution for that area.

I wasn't even talking about adding actual zones in those areas like MIB or Springfield, I said I wish they added more lights (red, purple, orange) and maybe some fog or some jack o lanterns and maybe some music around those areas (specially Springfield)

making the entire park feel like HHN wouldn't really take that much. not as much as adding more zones everywhere. Is not about having more actors or more props on the streets, It's just about Universal decorating the park a little bit more.

Kind of like how Disney decorates MK for October. Little details like that would make all the difference in the world

I fully agree Code. I want to feel halloween all around the park. Look at how Universal handles the holiday season. The music park wide, the parade, the tree and characters.

The only reason I can think of why they don't. Is cause unlike holidays which is apart of your daytime ticket. HHN is a separate ticket event. So they can do however they like big or small. Using those lagoon screens would sure help on that side of the park.

To be fair to Universal, lighting schemes are changed generally park wide for the event. A lot of the lighting is either dimmed, or the colors are indeed changed. They even changed the lighting around the London construction zone last year (it was red). Some area's are better lit than others of course. Specifically speaking of the MIB/FFL area, the lighting is changed, but it's generally just dimmed. In recent history, they did add a prop or two with fog and lights, near the exit of the Sprung Tent during HHN XXII. With Springfield, they occasionally will play a version of The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror theme throughout the night. I'm not so sure random Halloween decorations will do much. Universal is more about the horror of Halloween. Disney is more about families. The Mouse focuses on the festive side of Halloween and the Autumn season itself- Jack-o-Lanterns, cornucopias, wreaths, typical black & orange colors, hay, fruit, trick or treating, scarecrows, and foliage. Universal is trying to scare you, and capture that mood in certain areas of the park. It's two totally different mental approaches to the holiday.

[video]https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/BwDpS4fCcAAfbkP.mp4[/video]

This means we are probably getting the full reveal tonight, given that last year the full reveal was on Thursday the 28th I am not at all surprised.

BwDpS4fCcAAfbkP.png

Finally

Glad everything is done and out in the open. Website had a cool trick. Though it's funny how Dusk and Dracula didn't get main page. The Scare-zone art looks great! but have doubt the zones will match it.

Yeah I'm not digging this website, pretty bland. But thank god everything is finally out in the open. It was a very excruciatingly painful year for announcements time wise. There seriously has to be a better way to announce things next year because this whole "let's throw them out at random" kind of deal was really obnoxious. Next time please throw us a bone and either give us a reveal week or a big press conference revealing everything. My hype would grow so much more

I was happy after seeing the website then I woke up and thought about it. Agree with you guys on the website. It's just basic and some things don't work yet. Like the video link on the Halloween page or the main page stuff titles with the click areas "House Details" don't work yet. I'm just nitpicking.....

1600th post woot!!! Yeah this commercial is lame, very boring and uninspired (just like zombies nowadays lol). Although I do have to say it's better than the one for 20 and 22