Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well.... actually..
Halloween - 2009, 2015, 2016, 2018 (H4), 2021 (H4 2.0), 2022 = 6 times

So the complaint about Michael Myers is fair. However, unlike TCM, there is still H5-Resurrection & of course the side quest that is H3 to play with. BUT I'd rather the only "Halloween" I see at Universal for a while is only in reference to the event name.

For the record:
NOES & F13 have been 5 years (2007, 2008, 2010 "remakes", 2016, 2017)
At least with Freddy and Jason, they haven't shown up to the event in seven years. Michael and Leatherface have already exhausted their welcome. Even with Freddy, there is still some territory that hasn't been explored yet like the original or Dream Warriors.

Reactions: Wesker69
How are we feeling about the Hollywood exclusives so far since we don't know alot about them. Could it be that one of the originals is another Orlando orignal?
I actually keep looking to the map Parker made, as he noted Monstruos 2 (as in a sequel) and Dead Exposure from Orlando.

We know Hollywood actually wanted to do Dead Exposure in the past; back in 2020 before the Pandemic occurred. Would be great to see concepts from the 2020 house be brought to here. And as for Monstruos; I hope they fix pacing elements as it seemed a bit heavy-handed for one legend compared to Lechuza and Tlahuelpuchi.

Reactions: ProjectScare
I actually keep looking to the map Parker made, as he noted Monstruos 2 (as in a sequel) and Dead Exposure from Orlando.

We know Hollywood actually wanted to do Dead Exposure in the past; back in 2020 before the Pandemic occurred. Would be great to see concepts from the 2020 house be brought to here. And as for Monstruos; I hope they fix pacing elements as it seemed a bit heavy-handed for one legend compared to Lechuza and Tlahuelpuchi.
If that is true is that the only originals were are getting. I mean what every happened to Alice In Wonder land via the quote "Down the rabbit hole" now that I keep thinking about this quote it could either be it's own separate original bringing the total up to 3 ordinals or the music house could actually be Alice Cooper in Wonderland and some of us were just wrong about the rumored music house being the Weeknd. I wonder if this concept was just for a scarezone though and was never meant to be a maze in the first place.

If that is true is that the only originals were are getting. I mean what every happened to Alice In Wonder land via the quote "Down the rabbit hole" now that I keep thinking about this quote it could either be it's own separate original bringing the total up to 3 ordinals or the music house could actually be Alice Cooper in Wonderland and some of us were just wrong about the rumored music house being the Weeknd. I wonder if this concept was just for a scarezone though and was never meant to be a maze in the first place.
I still think there's merit to The Weeknd being intertwined with the element of "Alice in Wonderland".

I'd be a lot saltier about Halloween and TCM making regular appearances if the houses sucked. They, by and large, rule. I don't really need a load of fresh new ideas at my big-time corporate Halloween event. I just want excellent houses -- and I think Horror Nights in Hollywood has done a darn good job of that.
Louder for the people in the back.

If we’re gonna give KSF a break for repeating houses that receive no creative revisions or iterative upkeep for 6, 7, 8 years at a time (houses that actually degrade in infrastructure and visual quality year over year), then HHN deserves a break here.

No matter how good a house is one year, there's no guarantee it'll be good the next time around (of course that can be applied to multiple trips through that particular year).

The same IP can & will get stale after overuse. And the success of them being "good" relies heavily on the scareactors. Eventually, you're going to see the quality diminish & not reach that level of "good or great" the first (or second) time.

While my loyalty to the event exists, I'll never say they've consistently done excellent houses year after year. Blind loyalty is how the event becomes repetitive & stale. With Dark Harbor drying itself off from the depths of haunt purgatory, I'd hope it'd give HHN the kick it needs to "try harder"

Honestly, the event relying on IPs is kinda lazy (I'd say the same thing about Knott's/Six Flags keeping a house 5-6 years, but thats at least budgetary reasons). It comes off as lazy because while the other events are giving original content, HHN is relying on a brand rather than their own creativity. It gives an intimidated lack of confidence vibe.

/End rant (because i need food & to hit the gym)

QMDK is going to good. I think the scare actors will step it up a notch since the IPs wont be as spectacular as last year.

QMDK is going to good. I think the scare actors will step it up a notch since the IPs wont be as spectacular as last year.
Maybe if the lineup wasn't that good we actually should have gone Orlando's route only keep the good IP most likely and the rest should have been originals.

I agree with that. 4 SCARY IPs. No silly or musical ones. 2 of the originals are from scare zones from the previous year. TT can stay as Blumhouse.
I think gatekeeping the event of what it can do of content that is not inheritedly scary is a bad thing and doesn’t seem like something the GP would appreciate but that’s just me.

Maybe if the lineup wasn't that good we actually should have gone Orlando's route only keep the good IP most likely and the rest should have been originals.
again, I have serious doubts that people outside of this forum are going to think this lineup isn't good. IPs that people love are a huge part of the reason horror nights has absolutely drubbed scary farm, an event that has been around for 50 years, as it relates to popularity.

the nerds love the originals, and there's no doubt regular attendees dig them too, but horror nights in hollywood has become as successful as it has because of these classic IPs.

I also think it's absurd to accuse the creative team of lacking creativity when they're out here making incredible mazes based on the weeknd of all people.

edit: just want to strongly agree with @AlexanderMBush as well.

Last edited:
I think gatekeeping the event of what it can do of content that is not inheritedly scary is a bad thing and doesn’t seem like something the GP would appreciate but that’s just me.
And this is why they’re in charge lol
Obviously, I’m biased so that’s why I’m always on the side of scary. Luckily, my expectations aren’t too high so if TCM, Insidious, & AQP deliver, that’ll be my BIG 3.

Reactions: LPCaptainDeath
And this is why they’re in charge lol
Obviously, I’m biased so that’s why I’m always on the side of scary. Luckily, my expectations aren’t too high so if TCM, Insidious, & AQP deliver, that’ll be my BIG 3.

And wanting them to be "Scary" is a great thing to have! But I think there is always more to horror than what startles and shakes you--Horror means so much more than that nowadays regardless of what genre or platform it is represented on.

Honestly from a perspective of someone who leans more into GP thoughts; this is probably the most appealing HHN year I think I'll be going too. A lot of the IP's rumored jive in a way that I genuinely love (hell I'm even warming up to the idea of A Quiet Place more and more).

Okay. What’s stopping them from doing Scooby Doo? At some point some gate-keeping is helpful. You have to draw the line somewhere.
I mean this unironically; I would adore Scooby Doo to get a haunted house for HHN if it's a Original-IP befit of the tones of HHN. Even if it's treated more like PG13 horror like Wednesday or Stranger Things.

Reactions: LPCaptainDeath
again, I have serious doubts that people outside of this forum are not going to think this lineup isn't good. IPs that people love are a huge part of the reason horror nights has absolutely drubbed scary farm, an event that has been around for 50 years as it relates to popularity.

I agree with you. Not a single person I know in "real life" who enjoys going to HHN thinks about the event throughout the year beyond "Ooh, I'm looking forward to it again!" or keeps up on rumors/speculation, and 90% of the time rolls up to the event not even knowing what the lineup is other than the "big" IP (like Stranger Things 4, for instance) they'll unavoidably see on billboards and social media. Hell, even listening to strangers at the event, it's clear many of them don't even know everything that's there until they're in the park itself -- the amount of times I heard things like, "Oh, they've got a Chucky maze!?" or "Whoa, I didn't know The Last of Us was here!" last year in passing (across multiple nights) was a reminder that I'm an outlier.

And at this point, it's less about what specific IP could be there (at least beyond a headliner) and more about the fact people know various IP will be there, regardless of whether they know which ones are/aren't, that gets people coming back. Most people are gonna come to the park this year and think, "Oh, they've got a TCM maze! Cool!" rather than "Oh, they're doing TCM again? Ugh," all because they don't obsess year after year over what's coming and what's not, which is something I think a lot of people (here and other HHN-focused communities) tend to forget.

I also think it's absurd to accuse the creative team of lacking creativity when they're out here making incredible mazes based on the weeknd of all people.
Nobody accused them of "lacking creativity", but relying heavily on IPs does warrant it. Especially "book report walk-throughs"

The Weeknd, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, & 1999's Rob Zombie still = IP in the sense of their name being the main pull. The only difference is, they're technically "original" houses. I'm sure even without the names attached, they would've still been popular to some degree.

Besides this is the same event that had a WWF Undertaker house in 2000. So creativity isn't the problem. Still wish we would've gotten another Undertaker house when he "retired".

They worked with Clive Barker in 1998-2000 to give original houses rather than the obvious "Hellraiser" IP.

Name dropping is a never-ending "Hollywood gimmick" outside of HHN, so it's no surprise to see it happen with the event (every year "*insert celebrity here* visited HHN, are you brave enough!?"). Using IPs & celebrities just seems desperate & clout chasing to a certain degree. The only one undermining the team's "creativity" for the event are those that keep them hostage in IP containment. After a while, the creativity with the same IP is going to be completely depleted & heavily fatigued.