Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

RIP Gwazi (1999-2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly thought I wasn't going to make it off the coaster at New York New York alive :stunned:
Agreed! An awful awful coaster. If it wasn't so rough it could be pretty good!

Press release about Gwazi's last day:

February 1 is the last day for thrill seekers to ride Gwazi® at Busch Gardens® Tampa as the park prepares to permanently close the wooden rollercoaster.
Gwazi opened in 1999 as Florida’s first dueling wooden rollercoaster, providing guests with thrilling and memorable experiences for more than 15 years.

“No decisions have been made about what lies ahead for Gwazi or for the future plans of that area of Busch Gardens,” said Park President Jim Dean. “But, we are always looking for ways to enhance guests’ experiences, so stay tuned for more news.”

Jim Dean is a great park President and a huge asset to Busch Gardens Tampa. I'd be willing to bet Gwazi will never see another train rattle its way through the course ever again.

They should allow the park guests the ability to tear the ride down, one board at a time. For $10, you get to rip a board from Gwazi apart. That would fund the new B&M Giga coaster the park needs. :smiley:

(No, I'm not serious...our litigious society would never allow that to happen. The first person to get a sliver would sue BGT and walk away with all the money.)

Good riddance, Gwazi. I hope they build something spectacular in your place in the not-too-distant future.

February 1 is the last day for masochists to ride Gwazi® at Busch Gardens® Tampa as the park prepares to permanently close the wooden rollercoaster.
Gwazi opened in 1999 as Florida’s first dueling wooden rollercoaster, providing guests with thrilling and memorable experiences for more than 15 years.

“No decisions have been made about what lies ahead for Gwazi or for the future plans of that area of Busch Gardens,” said Park President Jim Dean. “But, we are always looking for ways to enhance guests’ experiences, so stay tuned for more news.”

Fixed.

We need new owners, it's just that simple

Fully agreed, BGT is a really nice park with one heck of a B&M trifecta. BGW is very nice as well. But when ownership changes twice in about 5 years, that can easily screw up things and unfortunately it shows.

Sadly it seems the parks don't have the deep pockets that used to support it due to the company it's attached to going public, add in the missteps on handeling the BF propaganda and you got a mess that's affecting a lot of the parks. Case in point, no hyper/giga coaster replacing Gwazi for 2016. Let alone tearing Gwazi down. Not to mention the unfortunate losses in entertaiment and Howl o Scream. This just ain't pretty no matter how you look at it.

Got my final ride, for the second train out this morning, it really wasn't that bad considering it hadn't warmed up.
I will miss what Gwazi used to be and hope something epic will replace it.

Sad day man, RIP gwazi, you were awesome from the day you were made to your demise. Here's to a dueling steel coaster gwazi 2.....I can dream can't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.