Furious 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Furious 7

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A fantastic exercise in blockbuster filmmaking, and a truly touching goodbye to a franchise star.

It's also on its way to 140 million domestic this weekend. Amazing success

I have to agree, this installment was beautifully done.

I'm really glad that Universal didn't take the easy road in doing a tribute to Paul Walker and with his character in the movies.

It should be very successful this weekend. Hopefully we'll see an attraction in Orlando for F&F sometime soon.

Really need to see this. Loved Fast Five, never got a chance to see the sixth installment, but I'll see anything James Wan directs.

Just got back, really enjoyed it. Its so stupid and over the top but just makes you smile. Its like each movie they just gotta one up the crazy crap.

My review is on OrlandoWeekly.com. I really liked parts 1, 5&6, but I thought 7 was a letdown.

I agree with this. 1, 5 and 6 are great. I thought 7 sucked but they handled the Paul walker aspect beautifully, respectfully and better than I could have ever imagined.

If you have no plans on seeing the film but would like to see the ending/tribute to Paul Walker or just want to see it again, the music video for "See You Again" by Wiz Khalifa shows most of it. Absolutely beautiful ending.

[video=youtube;RgKAFK5djSk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgKAFK5djSk[/video]

If you have no plans on seeing the film but would like to see the ending/tribute to Paul Walker or just want to see it again, the music video for "See You Again" by Wiz Khalifa shows most of it. Absolutely beautiful ending.

[video=youtube;RgKAFK5djSk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgKAFK5djSk[/video]

I am incapable of listening to this song. It came on the radio and I had to turn it off as it was making my car dusty. *cough*

Starting to get into the franchise, borrowed the first four from a friend. Never intended to watch Tokyo Drift, but turns out 2 Fast 2 Furious is a bootleg copy. Am I ok skipping that one? Didn't even realize Vin Diesel wasn't in it. I'm just trying to get to the ones with The Rock. So yeah, is it critical if I skip the second one?

Starting to get into the franchise, borrowed the first four from a friend. Never intended to watch Tokyo Drift, but turns out 2 Fast 2 Furious is a bootleg copy. Am I ok skipping that one? Didn't even realize Vin Diesel wasn't in it. I'm just trying to get to the ones with The Rock. So yeah, is it critical if I skip the second one?

You won't miss too much, 2 Fast is the worst of the bunch. You'll miss Roman and Tej's introduction (and potentially Eva Mendes as she might return in 8), but they're different characters by Fast Five (Roman isn't saying BREH every other line :lol: ).

If you want to skip any of them skip the 2nd one. Its the cheesiest of the franchise. Don't skip Tokyo Drift though (Never understood the flack that movie got). Furious 7 was fun but it wasn't my favorite. It took itself too seriously. Turned into The Expendables or The Transporter. And I love the over the top action in 5 & 6 but 7 went too far a couple times. Kurt Russell becomes James Bond and Vin Diesel becomes a human car jack. The list goes on and on The Paul Walker send off was beautiful. I had to wait through the credits for my face to dry up

My rankings:

1. Furious 7
2. Fast Five
3. Fast & Furious 6
4. The Fast and the Furious
5. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
6. 2 Fast 2 Furious
7. Fast & Furious

I have to say that my favorite Fast and Furious movie would be between Tokyo Drift and Fast Five.

Below is a link to an article I saw earlier today outlining that Universal is still intending to stick to the original plan of making 10 movies. That said, Justin Lin or James Wan have not officially signed up to helm the other three left over. That said what director could you realistically see directing the other three films and what direction do you think will they take given what happened in the ending of Fast 7?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fast-8-nowhere-starting-line-787045

Drew, loved the review of Fast 7 by the way!

My rankings:

1. Fast Five
2. Fast & Furious 6
3. Furious 7
4. Fast & Furious
5. The Fast and the Furious
6. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
7. 2 Fast 2 Furious

But there is a big disparity between #3 & #4, moreso between #4 & #5