Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 25: Freddy Vs Jason

Whether or not it was all intended or not, I think that it did change the story and his character drastically. It makes him a deeper character, and one that may not have been as big of a monster if things would have gone differently. I'm not saying Freddy was a saint by any means; he definitely had some issues and was demented, but his torture and death turned him into a true nightmare.
I draw a parallel between him and Jason for this reason.

Whether or not it was all intended or not, I think that it did change the story and his character drastically. It makes him a deeper character, and one that may not have been as big of a monster if things would have gone differently. I'm not saying Freddy was a saint by any means; he definitely had some issues and was demented, but his torture and death turned him into a true nightmare.
I draw a parallel between him and Jason for this reason.

Nah, I think he's a child murderer. :lol: True that they did turn him into something worse, but in the continuity of the films that Craven himself wrote (1 and 3), there is no doubt he is a child murderer. The only thing he changed was that instead of molesting the kids, he killed them. And he wasn't murdering teens either. He came BACK for their kids as teens. But he was murdering children in elementary schools. He was a monster no matter what. It was just ironic that they made him invincible when they killed him.

See, for me, I always viewed Freddy as a kiddie-toucher, because it would have to be something that horrid for the parents to take the drastic step they did; I enjoy the remake more BECAUSE they pulled the trigger on that angle. My two problems with the remake are that none of the kids except the lead could act their way out of a paper bag with Freddy's glove on, and how terrible the wall gag looked.

See, for me, I always viewed Freddy as a kiddie-toucher, because it would have to be something that horrid for the parents to take the drastic step they did; I enjoy the remake more BECAUSE they pulled the trigger on that angle. My two problems with the remake are that none of the kids except the lead could act their way out of a paper bag with Freddy's glove on, and how terrible the wall gag looked.

Same. I thought the treatment of Freddy was interesting in the new film, and went to the places that Craven had originally intended (i.e. you kill a child molester and subsequently birth an invincible murderer). The problem with the movie is that it was horribly made in the midst of the horror remake wave of flashy productions with no substance.

The remake wasn't that bad it's just there's only one Freddy and that's Englund. Even if the best actor of all time played him, nothing would be more iconic and perfect than Englund. I agree on the pedo point, something's are way better hinted at then said

Serial child murderer acceptable. Child molester unacceptable. :lol:

I just think it's a funny thing for that to ruin the character. He wasn't meant to be enjoyable. That was a perversion of the character. He was meant to be the worst human imaginable turned inhuman. A monster of a man turned into a monster of the subconscious.

I think I understand what MrRoamer is saying. In the remake, Freddy Krueger comes back and murders the children for telling their parents that he molested them while at preschool, which is revealed to be true. In my opinion, it would have been more interesting had Freddy been innocent of any accusations, and he came back and murdered the Elm Street children because they lied and he died in vain.

Anyway, I hope the Freddies in this house will have proper prosthetic make-ups, and not over-the-head masks. Not a huge issue for me, but make-up would be so cool to see.

-Andy

Just finished watching Freddy v Jason. Eh, I thought it was ok, but do think the house could be really great. Here is what I am thinking will be in the house:

1428 Elm Street House
Corn Maze
Westin Hills (the scene with the coma patients is a must, never going to know which one is going to jump up at you)
The Freddy Absalom
Wake Aid
Camp Crystal Lake
oh and Freddy and Jason

What else am I missing?

Just finished watching Freddy v Jason. Eh, I thought it was ok, but do think the house could be really great. Here is what I am thinking will be in the house:

1428 Elm Street House
Corn Maze
Westin Hills (the scene with the coma patients is a must, never going to know which one is going to jump up at you)
The Freddy Absalom
Wake Aid
Camp Crystal Lake
oh and Freddy and Jason

What else am I missing?

I think they're going to (wisely) stay away from the film, which really doesn't hold up well at all. I think they'd be smarter to do 4 scenes of Freddy, 4 of Jason and then 2 of them "battling" in the boiler room setup seen in the film.

I think they're going to (wisely) stay away from the film, which really doesn't hold up well at all. I think they'd be smarter to do 4 scenes of Freddy, 4 of Jason and then 2 of them "battling" in the boiler room setup seen in the film.

I think you do 4 of each, one boiler room, one dock at Crystal Lake.

I hope they don't stay with the film to be honest. A couple scenes (as mentioned) could make the house pretty good, but overall each franchise has content that can stand on its own. I am curious how the final scene will play out with the conga line. If they are battling, people are going to want to stop and watch till the conclusion.

^^^ that is definitely a problem, hope it's quick and easy instead of a long drawn out thing like the living room scene from Halloween last year. The only thing that kept it from being a perfect house

Surprised this house doesn't get more discussion--a lot of my friends are calling it their #1 this year.

Last night, both "finale" scenes were being staffed (so Freddy kills Jason, then Jason kills Freddy). I actually prefer this, the sets look really dumb unmanned.

Surprised this house doesn't get more discussion--a lot of my friends are calling it their #1 this year.

Last night, both "finale" scenes were being staffed (so Freddy kills Jason, then Jason kills Freddy). I actually prefer this, the sets look really dumb unmanned.

What was the situation before? This entire weekend, I've seen Freddy attack the Jason dummy, then vice versa in the next scene.

What was the situation before? This entire weekend, I've seen Freddy attack the Jason dummy, then vice versa in the next scene.

When I first went through, they only staffed one of the two rooms--I assumed this was the basis for the "either one can win" claim. But it left a Jason or Freddy mannequin with a big hole in it just standing there.

When I first went through, they only staffed one of the two rooms--I assumed this was the basis for the "either one can win" claim. But it left a Jason or Freddy mannequin with a big hole in it just standing there.

That might have just been a casting issue - I figured the "winning" situation had to do with which character emerged with the other character's head at the very end. (It's Freddy one cast, Jason the other.)

That might have just been a casting issue - I figured the "winning" situation had to do with which character emerged with the other character's head at the very end. (It's Freddy one cast, Jason the other.)

Yeah, we were starting to think that Jason wins every time, then last night we finally had Jason come out at the end last night for the first time (of the times we went through), but we always had both scenes staffed.

Yeah I've seen both situations happen where they were both cast and only one cast. Hit or miss on 7 run throughs so far!