Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It shouldn't be hard to get this completed by May. I mean, it's not like it's a freaking theme-detailed ride. It's a coaster and concrete; with some pretty lights and metal.

It's a coaster and concrete; with some pretty lights and metal.

That's true, but the trickiest part might be actually having all the songs working on the ride system and having them sync reasonably enough with the track, something they either have done now or better be wrapping up very, very soon.

Several have mentioned "Audio Syncing". With hundreds of songs of dozens of styles, I don't believe there will be ANY "audio syncing". Some minor audio editing for duration. But no real syncing of the audio to the action of the coaster.

Several have mentioned "Audio Syncing". With hundreds of songs of dozens of styles, I don't believe there will be ANY "audio syncing". Some minor audio editing for duration. But no real syncing of the audio to the action of the coaster.

Well, the editing would be to "sync" the audio with the coaster itself. So yes, there'd be syncing, but I'd put money on it that it's being done as we speak.

Do you think that Universal will have soft openings around April if the ride will open in May?

Depends on how late they finish actual construction. As of now, I'd say no to be on the safe side.

Audio synching, while it would be great, would be a great deal of work, keeping in mind that there will be lots and lots of choices for songs. I'm obviously optimistically thinking there will be synched music, but you need to look at it realistically.

Audio synching, while it would be great, would be a great deal of work, keeping in mind that there will be lots and lots of choices for songs. I'm obviously optimistically thinking there will be synched music, but you need to look at it realistically.

Not necessarily, there were a heck of a lot of choices in the survey, but that's why it was just a survey. I expect maybe 10 songs in each genre they're using (which will be like 5-7).

It WOULD be great but it would take a great deal of time. Just looked at some artwork for next year's Gradbash on IOACentral. It showed HRRR in the background AND as one of the featured rides in USF. So I guess Universal wants it open when Gradbash starts.

ioacentral has posted some pictures and here are some shots of the window that the coaster is going through now.
11252008_030.jpg

11252008_031.jpg

You guys should sign up for the IOACentral text updates.
*DONT SHOOT ME*

That's how I found out about the update with pics. IOAFreak put it up a couple days ago (Monday, I think).

Thanks for passing on the info guys!! :thumbs: