Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I thought that new Toy Story land was like a 2018 or 2019 addition??

Nope 2017 is the rumors now, with SWL 2018. So TSL will also be in the mix that year. I still say Volcano Bay has to be the largest because well it is the largest in acres. It is a new park all together. But theme and those types of things I think Disney has a leg up on Uni. But I also agree, it is going to be a great year and drive traffic down to Orlando in general and they will feed off of each other.

I'll eat my own foot if Disney has Toy Story Land done in 2017. They've not even started on it and you expect me to believe the notoriously slow Disney is going to build an entire new land in 2 years or less?
Per reliable insiders the speed of construction has been ramped up after ops got mad at the higher ups. Toy Story is scheduled for 2017 and Star Wars for 2018 and construction for both starts in January.

I'll eat my own foot if Disney has Toy Story Land done in 2017. They've not even started on it and you expect me to believe the notoriously slow Disney is going to build an entire new land in 2 years or less?

It is not that big of a deal. It is a coaster which most of that is done off site and could already be something they are working on. A flat ride, again most done off site. The biggest thing is some buildings which are not hard to put up. This is Circus area on steroids because it is a brand new coaster. But they got that done in less than 2 years. I don't see them not being able to do this. It doesn't require rock work like their last two long running projects. It is almost all bring in and bolt in place type of work.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
So beetlejuice is confirmed to close for fast and furious? Good lord guys how much space do you need for a 30 second video attraction?

What part of what I have been saying have you not been listening to? That plus the addition of the music star that has been peeped out recently. This is going to be another 4-5 minute attraction with a queue that is an attraction in itself, creating a 14-20 minute attraction overall.

What part of what I have been saying have you not been listening to? That plus the addition of the music star that has been peeped out recently. This is going to be another 4-5 minute attraction with a queue that is an attraction in itself, creating a 14-20 minute attraction overall.
In this new day & age of theme park attractions, excellent queues are essential if a attraction is to be considered top quality. As Teebin says, "a queue that is an attraction in itself". I enjoy a really good queue as much as the attractions. I'll often actually hope for at least a 30 minute wait on Forbidden Journey so I can enjoy the ambiance & entertainment of the queue without people rushing past me. On Mummy, I skip my Express Pass line and experience the standby queue. Gringotts queue equals the ride also.The Simpsons queue videos are so good I always hope for the slow line. At WDW the Under the Sea queue probably trumps the ride itself. Tower of Terror sets the mood and ambiance of the attraction. (Just a few examples, there's many more great queues) The days of standing outside Disneyland queues (except for IJ and a few others) is over if an attraction is to be considered world class. I applaud Universal Creative for the entertaining queues that are as essential as the attractions themselves.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Where does one go to get graffiti painters? I just imagine: "Hey Teebin, we need you to line up 5 world class graffiti painters. Let us know when you have them lined up for interviews". I would just sit there like a tree full of owls not knowing where to turn.
Some are well known artists. They leave a SIG like a painter and people travel to see their work. It's easier than you might think.

Where does one go to get graffiti painters? I just imagine: "Hey Teebin, we need you to line up 5 world class graffiti painters. Let us know when you have them lined up for interviews". I would just sit there like a tree full of owls not knowing where to turn.
I have a ton of young nephews & nieces that have done a real job on their parents' walls with crayons. Would that help you?:lol:... ...Seriously though, as the above poster indicates, there are a number of these people that are almost considered professionals. We had one here in Pittsburgh that kept escaping the authorities for years. His work defaced but it was beautiful. But, in the community, everyone knew who he was but they protected his identity. Sort of like a modern day Vincent Van Gogh radical painter.

Thinking if its the same size of Kongs building..will there be an outdoor track scene? As if there isn't, then it could lead me to this:

upload_2015-11-11_11-2-37.png

~Orange is the huge line where the main building houses all the other scenes
~The Blue is for a new gift shop/Exit for the attraction
~The grey is for the new path for both backstage and the main path. The San Francisco area would have its road a bit more widened but not as much

In my head, I'm imagining a mixture of the current Disaster and F&F in Hollywood. I know it will be something better as everything in Orlando always is.

I think though, I always assumed that the F&F would be a roller coaster or a ride that was actually fast and there just doesn't seem to be enough room to do it.

FWIW latest backstage rumors have this opening up "late" 2016, presumably just in time for Christmas. Apparently already pushing hard to make this happen.

I checked with an osprey friend of mine and the date has not changed at all. It remains as 2017.

There are too many groups on board with this project to make such changes at this point. The long term parks plan is very well orchestrated for maximum impact.

Thinking if its the same size of Kongs building..will there be an outdoor track scene? As if there isn't, then it could lead me to this:

About 1/4 of your yellow will be outdoors. One half of that will be completely outdoors (extended) and the other part is sorta outdoors... like a courtyard with walls (I think I recall correctly (plausible deniability)).

No part of the ride is outdoors at all.

About 1/4 of your yellow will be outdoors. One half of that will be completely outdoors (extended) and the other part is sorta outdoors... like a courtyard with walls (I think I recall correctly (plausible deniability)).

No part of the ride is outdoors at all.

Could that courtyard part be related to possibly the concept art shown when the ride was announced? As that would in a way, make sense.