Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, despite my lack of knowledge on everything to do with this project, I did learn something today. It is regarding the supports, and from my perspective, very disappointing news. I could not find a good explanation of why they are making the change... :(

I'll take a wild guess and say no on-board audio

darth-vader-no.jpg

This is a big letdown. BIG. It's already weird being in IOA without the track and the roar, having the coaster will no roar will be even weirder.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Macfr3ak
How much, if any of the roar came from the launch system?

Hollow supports magnify the sound. Why do you think they were left hollow and the ones out back filled? It wasn't whimsy...

I'd imagine the launch system gives a sound similar to an electric car.

How much, if any of the roar cames from the launch system?

Hollow supports magnify the sound. Why do you think they were left hollow and the ones out back filled? It wasn't whimsy...
The characteristic sound of a B&M comes from the big box track they use. The vibration does extent into the supports obviously (easy to feel when you touch a support), but there is little noise coming from it.

As for the launch, if the new launch is LSM, makes a cool wooshy noise.

The characteristic sound of a B&M comes from the big box track they use. The vibration does extent into the supports obviously (easy to feel when you touch a support), but there is little noise coming from it.

As for the launch, if the new launch is LSM, makes a cool wooshy noise.

They could always add speakers to the end of the tunnel, something similar to Full Throttle but no where near as annoying.

I love that that description: 'A cool wooshy noise.'

They could always add speakers to the end of the tunnel, something similar to Full Throttle but no where near as annoying.

I love that that description: 'A cool wooshy noise.'
You can hear this "cool woozy noise perfectly on any youtube video of cheetah hunt @ Busch Gardens tampa. As for the roar of the hulk?, I think it will return they're not going to do away with that, it's another signature theme of hulk its just right.

How much, if any of the roar came from the launch system?

Just to add..the only part of the hulk track that is filled with sand is from the wrap around the tunnel to the corkscrew leading to the back half of the ride most likely because guests are closest to the track at that time. The roar is still very prominent after that.

I have been lurching this website for years and have never posted. This morning I was driving on the Turnpike headed north and around the Clermont area headed south I saw the flat bed truck with the piece of track on it and several supports and there was a truck behind it with nothing but supports. Sorry I was not able to get pictures as I was driving the other way. It was this flat bed that someone post a couple of pages back. I have attached the photo again. The track was green and the supports were gray.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-10-19-49-11.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-10-19-49-11.png
    1,007.3 KB · Views: 57
I have been lurching this website for years and have never posted. This morning I was driving on the Turnpike headed north and around the Clermont area headed south I saw the flat bed truck with the piece of track on it and several supports and there was a truck behind it with nothing but supports. Sorry I was not able to get pictures as I was driving the other way. It was this flat bed that someone post a couple of pages back. I have attached the photo again. The track was green and the supports were gray.

That Is Clermont Steel Fabricators. They build all of the B&M track and supports for coasters built in this country and a lot of their international coasters. If you are traveling by there a lot and get pictures, please post them. Lots of people across the country are interested in what sits outside that place.

That Is Clermont Steel Fabricators. They build all of the B&M track and supports for coasters built in this country and a lot of their international coasters. If you are traveling by there a lot and get pictures, please post them. Lots of people across the country are interested in what sits outside that place.

I saw this truck and trailer on Florida Turnpike in Clermont, Florida.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe