Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Assuming that this "Nintendoland" is actually just broken up into Mushroom Kingdom and Donkey Kong Island/Country, I hope there's a little bridge with water underneath that separates the two. They're in different universes, technically.

Technically they're the same, but if what u heard is true you shouldn't have to worry

I think a Dynamic Attractions SFX Coaster wouldbe a good system for the DK Mine Cart.

And...so, are we thinking that we will get a regular Mario ride along with Mario Kart and DK?

I mean, that's basically the same ride system as Gringotts. Personally I'm hoping for something a bit different.

And no, I think Mario Kart and DK are the two big attractions.

Reactions: Nick and Mike S
I like the drop track for Thirteen over in the UK, the rest of the coaster seems meh but that drop track looks sweet.

Last edited:
Keeping in mind, Japan has some problems with translating..it seems that USJ announced its partnership with Nintendo over a earning call in Japan.

Nintendo February 2, announced that it was Universal Studios Japan and the basic agreement of Osaka. Which was announced at a press conference of the third quarter financial results in March 2016 period, which was carried out on the same day. It is expected that content using the Nintendo character in the same garden appeared.The [USJ was basic agreement]

Nintendo is also in May 2015, it announced a partnership with the US Universal Parks & Resorts, which operates the Universal Studios in the United States. You can take advantage of the popular character of Nintendo in the Park, it has decided that you can set up a large-scale attraction..

Universal Studios Japan, ticket resale is confirmed aim the eradication of more strictly resale act disable use Universal Studios Japan, raise the 1st ticket tickets from February 1 to 7400 yen"Dragon Quest" is USJ and collaboration! In Dragon Quest 30th Anniversary"Majikon litigation" in the Supreme Court to favor of the confirmation dismissed Nintendo from software maker the appeal of the seller

Last Modified: February 2 (Tuesday) 20:17

The source seems from Yahoos Japan site, which is here.
任天堂がユニバーサル・スタジオ・ジャパンと基本合意 ゲームキャラを使ったコンテンツ登場するか (ねとらぼ) - Yahoo!ニュース

So, keeping in mind that Japans language is fun..thoughts?

Reactions: Mike S
Keeping in mind, Japan has some problems with translating..it seems that USJ announced its partnership with Nintendo over a earning call in Japan.

Hm. I wonder if the old owners weren't cooperating with Uni/Nintendo so this deal wasn't signed until Comcast took USJ over.

Where would it go I wonder. Is there expansion space?

I'm guessing it'll replace their "KidZone" which is due for a significant upgrade as well
Wonderland? I just looked it up and it opened in 2012. Pretty fast replacement. That area also has Hello Kitty which is huge in Japan. Guess Nintendo is well worth it. Now we just have to figure out where it could go in Hollywood. Also, is it just me or is Singapore like Universal's redheaded step child? No Harry Potter, no Nintendo, etc. All they get is Puss in Boots, lol.

Hm. I wonder if the old owners weren't cooperating with Uni/Nintendo so this deal wasn't signed until Comcast took USJ over.
Dead on about the timeline but switch roles - Nintendo did not want another company besides Comcast having a controlling stake in the representation of their properties. I mentioned it a while ago, months ago? I don't remember. Whenever Comcast announced they acquired controlling stake in USJ.

Dead on about the timeline but switch roles - Nintendo did not want another company besides Comcast having a controlling stake in the representation of their properties. I mentioned it a while ago, months ago? I don't remember. Whenever Comcast announced they acquired controlling stake in USJ.

Wow, shows how much Nintendo liked Uni's opening pitch, and somehow excites me even more.

That's fascinating to know, and like Skip, it makes me even more excited; considering Nintendo's background.

Would it really matter who the owner was if Uni Creative was still going to do the work? WWoHP in Japan is just as good if maybe a little better than the one here in Florida (Black Lake, no Dragon Challenge, 3D FJ, etc.).

No clue. Could be that Nintendo just wants to deal with a single point of contact. Could be they want to ensure consistent marketing and representation. Dunno.

I believe all of the above. Before Comcast owned USJ, USJ had a good amount of control on how a project played out, where it was located as well as operations.

Update: If true, does this mean that Singapore and Beijing and Russia have no chance of ever hosting Nintendo in any way?

I have never offered this before, but Singapore has some weird independence from Universal Parks unlike any of their other parks. I am not sure of the particulars, but it does.

Last edited: