Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

VR Coaster Coming to Alton Towers

I'm there opening day, haven't tried anything VR yet so should be interesting.
CdgqH5yW0AA-RQz.jpg

Portal looks good, and it has mist! That's about the limit of theming effects we get, and it'll probably brake after a week, but oh well! Merlin still try.
A week....? Knowing Air it'll prob break in minutes....

I read that as 'I hurled through space'

I'm still quite intrigued by this technology and once The Smiler opens back up, I'll be sure to make a trip to Alton Towers.

Have the restraints changed?

Smiler should be opening with the rest of the park on Sat.

I'll be poppin in on Galactica's opening day!! Looking forward to it

A week....? Knowing Air it'll prob break in minutes....

Smiler should be opening with the rest of the park on Sat.

I'll be poppin in on Galactica's opening day!! Looking forward to it

I didn't know it was opening so soon. Ill need to plan a trip soon. Hopefully before the school holidays start. Although I imagine it will be quieter than normal given the public outcry after the crash. Looking forward to going on the smiler.

So after having 5 rides on this over Wednesday and Thursday, I prefer it without the VR. The VR is good, but just to video game like for me. Plus, due to Air's floaty layout, it just felt like a really really tame simulator. At some points like you weren't moving. Also, too much happens in the video for you to get your head around. Throughput has also been slaughtered from the previous 1200 ish down to 500 on average due to the cleaning of the headsets.
12495127_1358461134179311_381227553345018974_n.jpg

Does look cool though!
993564_1358461160845975_1600109442670990434_n.jpg

And flying through the portal without VR on is a nice close call!

12718101_1360275203997904_990719598179575139_n.jpg

Smiler has also reopened and was running great for the 3 days I was on park. Didn't break down once, pretty smooth rides and the theme is mainly untouched. Just removed references to "corrected."

7663_1360275227331235_5731032264336639962_n.jpg

And Nemesis looks great with her new paint. 22 years young Nemmy.

I went to Alton Towers yesterday and rode Galactica for the first time, whilst I like the idea and I did enjoy the ride I felt they tried to cram too much into the video in a short space of time so there wasn't really a continuous storyline.

It also didn't help that when we got there they were only running it on one train so the dispatch was very slow (waited 35 mins in the "fastrack" queue)

I think if they add some more videos that have a more coherent storyline they could be onto a winner but until the issues improve I wont be rushing back during peak times!

I went to Alton Towers yesterday and rode Galactica for the first time, whilst I like the idea and I did enjoy the ride I felt they tried to cram too much into the video in a short space of time so there wasn't really a continuous storyline.

It also didn't help that when we got there they were only running it on one train so the dispatch was very slow (waited 35 mins in the "fastrack" queue)

I think if they add some more videos that have a more coherent storyline they could be onto a winner but until the issues improve I wont be rushing back during peak times!

ONE TRAIN!?

Yeah due to the heavy rain the other side of the station had flooded so they were still tidying up at 11ish, was taking about 7-8 mins per cycle!!